PDA

View Full Version : Endo and angled tank review

Chronobreak
10-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Well lately there has been an enormous amount of people asking about the endo and other angled tank drops and cradles etc. so i wil do my best to give as much info and a non-biased review of all of them or what i can.

Also if anyone has one or has used one feel free to chime in with input.

sites

www.FBMfactory.com
www.apbbolts.com

I wil only give a review of the endo jr. as its the only one i have personaly used.

First i ordered it from jam enterprised and it showed about 2 weeks later(normal shipping time i suppose for snail mail)

when i got it i had trouble mounting it to later realsie they had forgotten to put screw holes on one side(pretty big oversight if you ask me)

so after contacting them and getting a fast reply althoguh the first one in somewhat disbelief that they forgot to put holes in it they were quick to say send it back and we will rectify the problem. So now $8~ less poorer in shipping cost i send the cradle back to them. and this time i get it abck a little bit faster just under a week.

ok get it back ready to go i mount it up put on my CP on/off and screw in tank and ready to go. at first it felt awkward as i have always sued normal drop forwards. i experimented with shooting positions and it seemed that it would be ok and take some getting used to.

First time out. WONDERFUL very compact shooting out the right with easy. in game play it felt natural and i didnt have to think about how to hold it to "get a better angle"
im right handed.

shooting out the left is a bit different but it is easy. you can switch shoulders if you want but i keep it in the same place and just shoot the gun sideways(warp) with a normal vert setup shooting out the left can be a bit difficult and awkward unlese your a skilled left hand shooter. but with everything else bit of practice and its all good.

as for price $30~ its not too bad althoguh it could be a bit cheaper ex with the need for a C/A adapter as well i think around $20 would be a better price.

as for weight it is milled through with holes and weighs next to nothing.

any other questions il do my best to answer. but for know :sleeping:

Rather
10-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Yes, what mask you use with your setup? :p

Chronobreak
10-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Yes, what mask you use with your setup? :p
:rofl: :rofl: usualy a spectre(yes ive smacked it a few times)....a day :p
otherwise i use a skull(more bendable and tolerant to mask smacking)

Tack
10-21-2004, 01:19 PM
I have a black Endo on my shocktech cocker. First time I used it I felt it was a little unconfortable but once I realized how to tuck it under my chin it was very comfortable. I am a tourney player that likes drops because of the tuck factor that I can't get with a unimount off the grip frame. I am thinking about sticking my Endo on my Timmy or Half Block Race for Tourney use. It may take a bit of testing but it may work for me.

nirvana1234
10-21-2004, 02:32 PM
nice post! im getting one for my B2k4(im also getting a warp) and i nned some comformation that its a good product :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

deadbox101
10-21-2004, 02:35 PM
I dont think it would but would an endo work on a y-grip?

Amea
10-21-2004, 02:58 PM
yeah it will. this is wantamags marker before he put the RPG frame on it

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/3171/pic119.jpg

lord1234
10-21-2004, 03:10 PM
if anyone wants a Endo cradle i have one for sale.....

WenULiVeUdiE
10-21-2004, 03:24 PM
My power angle review:

I picked this up immediately after I purchased my mag.

I tried mounting it, and I thought something was wrong with it. One brain fart later, I figured it out. I screwed in my tank and shouldered it. It felt amazing! Very comfortable. It fell right in sync with my chest profile.

First day out on the field:

Before you play, make sure all the screws are tight. I seemed to be tilting the mag to the left, naturally. It allowed me to put it right in front of me, and still have the tank where I want it. Also, when at a stand still during play, I found my head would lean against the tank. It wasnt good or bad, just odd.

I recently took off the power angle just to see how it feels, and it was alright. But not nearly as good as with it on.

deadbox101
10-21-2004, 04:07 PM
one other question i have an AGD flatline and will the endo fit the dovetail mount?

hunter100
10-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Can anyone comment on how this setup works with CO2? It would be my guess that you'd get a lot of liquid into your gun, even with an anti syphon tube installed(the liquid level of a full tank is higher than the anti syphon tube for some tanks, when the tank is upside down).

Thanks

master_alexander
10-21-2004, 04:46 PM
hey hunter i would not do it with co2 there would be too much liquid in your gun unless you set your anto siphon right. otherwise it would be nice.

SummaryJudgement
10-21-2004, 05:10 PM
I've got a new psychoballistics (or maybe it's a system X?) X-drop. It's got three points of adjustment. One rotation at the base of the grip frame (the mounting block), one rotation at the bottom clamp, and a forward and backward adjustment for the ASA. I've got it angled real low down so the bottle comes up at that kind of an angle. I'll post pics if I get a frickin' digital camera that works...

Gunther_mag_user
10-21-2004, 06:01 PM
right now i have a stilleto drop on my mag, i like how the tank props up on my shoulder so i can change hands really easy. i can shoot much straighter than before, and it lowers my profile alot. i would deffinatly recommend this drop to everyone

Chronobreak
10-21-2004, 06:04 PM
got a link to it? i would like to ahve as much info as possible here.

also i was thinking about adding all the reviews to the first post(as most should be done)
becasue i know i for one HATE to search through a big thread for info.

Rather
10-21-2004, 07:45 PM
one other question i have an AGD flatline and will the endo fit the dovetail mount?

yes it does have dovetail mounts. As long as you have a dove' 'dapter for the flatline, then it will work.

CrimsonGhost
10-21-2004, 09:01 PM
Wanta..Yeah I said I wasnt going to but..I cant let my fellow AOLRW get the last word in on these;)

I am using the FBM power angle drop style on my set ups (4)

I wasnt realy sure what to think about these...I thought it may be one of those MANY things that sits in my gear bag until the end of time, but I ordered one just to see

So ...went to the FBM website, click click type type type and wallah!! I ordered one.
2 dayts later it was at the door step.

I opened the package up and upon forst look, its a wedge of 6061 ( I assume) alum. lol...MAGIC huh?

There are 4 different length screws in the kit as well, I guess to cover the different sizes of drops, rails,cradles out there.

Ok so...after figuring out what end was the "up" end on this puppy...
I mounted it onto my Cyborg and the Conquest rail set up.

Easy install.....but if you have a fat reg (bigger around than say...a crossfire) You may need to adjust the position a bit on your drop.

Shouldering this set up was SWEET. My Profiler mask cradles into the set up like a glove. I can nearly rest my jawbone on the tank. My line of sight not is straight down the top of the barrel...making my snap shooting way better...for some reason. The tank and marker tuck tighter now and feel even more comfortable...didnt think this was possible.

Final word...I now have a FBM power angle drop on 4 of my markers. 1 on a y framed tac one...looks a bit odd but...is a super compact little package.

So yeah , Im with Wanta , definatly worth it.

Oh ...and I had no TECHNICAL issues ,unlike the OG poster of this thread :rofl:

p8ntball365
10-21-2004, 09:03 PM
http://www.fireballmountain.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FBM&Product_Code=PowAngle&Category_Code=CustAccess

theres the one i have. its a FireBall Mountain Power angle.

heres an old pic of it on my mag. but the warp is gone.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/bladedballa77/gmagforshizzay.jpg

when i first picked it up it felt different, but i got used to it. i definetly reccomend one of these but i think the endo cradles are better, but more expensive.

magman11
10-27-2004, 01:36 PM
lord1234: do u still have that endo for sale i pmd u about.....just lmk

master_alexander
10-27-2004, 08:40 PM
lord1234: do u still have that endo for sale i pmd u about.....just lmk

i'm buying it and getting a warp and i have a z grip just think of how cool and curvy it will be.

Chronobreak
10-27-2004, 08:43 PM
i'm buying it and getting a warp and i have a z grip just think of how cool and curvy it will be.

sounds cool better post pics when you do.
im thinking of going back to y-grip myself

magman11
10-27-2004, 08:56 PM
thats exacly what i was going to do i have a warp and just got a z grip so im looking for an endo

magman11
10-27-2004, 08:57 PM
also do u need a warp cause i have any extra one for sale lmk

master_alexander
10-27-2004, 09:14 PM
i heard good things about the y grip but that's another story, this will look sweet, i will post pics in 2 weeks i'm going colorado,pagosa springs tomorrow (28) and hunting for elk, wish me luck.

master_alexander
11-10-2004, 09:26 PM
i finally got my endo(from lord1234)and now have a warp, and a z grip, magman11 is going to copy me, meaney (kiddingly) o well it is cool and works perfect

Chronobreak
11-10-2004, 09:34 PM
GAH must have pics...must have......PICS!

lol i bet its MAD COMPACT!

ColdFuzion
11-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Pardon my asking, but is anyone in here with a power angle/endo/stiletto willing to turn the cradle around, so that the tank is pointed forward and up and tell me if it clears your foregrip? I know it'll be a VERY top heavy contraption, and I do not intend to do this. I just am curious as to wether or not it clears the foregrip.

Thanks in advance to anyone who tries it.

Chronobreak
11-16-2004, 10:58 PM
i had my setup apart so i tried it real quick adn it DOESNT clea MY setup and i dont see how it would clear any similar setup unles it didnt havea f oregrip