PDA

View Full Version : Some questions on milling Vikings.

felony
10-21-2004, 07:56 AM
Hey guys.

I am thinkin about geting a unmilled viking. Can DC or JMJ milling be done to these markers later? If so, for how much?

Also, I know they are fast and effecienct.. what about the kick of them in comparison to a Trix? How much do their weigh.. the site says 3/8ths lighter then a 03, but I dont know how much an 03 is :P

thanks
dan

Steelrat
10-21-2004, 08:29 AM
They can be milled later, though if its a type 3 anno its more challenging, but not impossible, to reanno.

Kick is higher than a trix, but if you slap a mitey max volumizer on there and lower the LPR a tad, the kick is negligable. Nothing is as kick free as a trix. Weight-wise, the 04 viking is about 2 3/4 lbs or so, give or take an ounce or two. Its light and very compact. And though you already said it, its light and efficient too.

LittlePaintballBoy
10-21-2004, 09:18 AM
Just BUY IT. You will NOT be dissapointed. The kick is more than a trix but not so much that you flip out. And good god, I have never seen a gun I could keep a string going on longer than on SteelRat's Excal or Viking, those things can hold a string so easily.

felony
10-21-2004, 10:41 AM
steel, sent ya a PM..

dan

RTDynaflow
10-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Theres is a guy at my field who, after seeing my FSP, decided to hand mill his half milled.... It looks pretty damn hhot. It's a half milled that has the rear section of the bolt tube is milled off (likke the DC and late JmJs) and he is working on the asa section.. kind of like a crusader/DC off spring. Anyway...