PDA

View Full Version : Viking Board

adt501
10-21-2004, 12:06 PM
Whats better for the Viking? The Pandora with eyes that AKA is selling now, or the WAS board? Im looking at getting new Viking

Bartman
10-21-2004, 12:13 PM
Whats better for the Viking? The Pandora with eyes that AKA is selling now, or the WAS board? Im looking at getting new Viking

All the vikings that AKA is shipping now, come with the Pandora boards in them.

Eye's are a deffinate, both boards work with eyes.

Personaly I have a pandora board in my Excal, I just seem to like it alot better then the WAS board that I had in there.

Thats my only opinion I have right now.

Bartman

Mosfet
10-21-2004, 12:16 PM
I heard there were a lot of FSDO issues with the WAS boards for the AKA guns.
I ran across a LOT of aka owners complaining about the board and the marker cause he decided to not use a large enough capacitor or any at all, which resulted in the major FSDO issues.
Then to solve it, he changed the programming, so if you have a board with the new programming, instead of getting FSDO, you get FS-HOT problems.

Personally I would go with the Pandora board, but I'm too poor, so I can't. :(

Marchborne
10-21-2004, 06:09 PM
All the vikings that AKA is shipping now, come with the Pandora boards in them.

Eye's are a deffinate, both boards work with eyes.

Personaly I have a pandora board in my Excal, I just seem to like it alot better then the WAS board that I had in there.

Thats my only opinion I have right now.

Bartman

Hey, Bart, have you guys tried one of Bob Sandifer's new Morlock/Predator boards? I've heard some good things about 'em in Angels, and would be curious to see how they work out in a viking.

Mosfet
10-21-2004, 06:16 PM
I've heard good things about the morlock myself.

Morlocks and Pandoras are gewd.
Drugs and WAS for AKA are bad, mmm-kay?

LeatherPants
10-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Most people just stick with which ever board their Viking comes with. With the 1.6 update for WAS there is no FSDO. I get bored so I purchased a Pandora board along with the WAS my marker came with.

Honestly there really isn't a reason to switch to another board.

The one thing I like about the Pandora is the eye logic. If you blend paint in your halo or even chop the eys can be shut off by holding the trigger. As the broken paint is shot out the eyes will locate each other and turn back on. That's the plus of the Pandora.

The both shoot fast you won't be able to tell the difference.

Bartman
10-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Hey, Bart, have you guys tried one of Bob Sandifer's new Morlock/Predator boards? I've heard some good things about 'em in Angels, and would be curious to see how they work out in a viking.

Sorry man, I can't say that we have yet.

Umm, I was workingon putting a old morlock in a gun, from what I hear several people have had good success with them, so I can't imagine the new mini morlock would be any diffrent.

Might have to actualypick opne of those boards up and test it in a viking, oh wait that would mean I would need to buy a viking as well, Hmm, I wonder if the wife would let me buy a new gun and toys, after all its my turn.

Bartman

minimag03
10-22-2004, 01:52 PM
I have both for my viking. I had to switch back to WAS because Pandora decided to not work one day. I'd suggest WAS from my experience.

TSovern
10-22-2004, 04:03 PM
The one thing I like about the Pandora is the eye logic. If you blend paint in your halo or even chop the eys can be shut off by holding the trigger. As the broken paint is shot out the eyes will locate each other and turn back on. That's the plus of the Pandora.

To clear this up: You can shut the eyes off by hold the trigger for 10 seconds. They will stay off until you shut the board off. If you break a ball and paint keeps the eyes from seeing each other, they shut off and the gun will shoot at a predetermined bps, the eyes continue to test and if enough paint or shell is cleared and they can read, they turn back on.

LeatherPants
10-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Actually it's 4 seconds and if you have the V link cable you can change your eye bypass ROF. I have mine set at 16.

You can also turn the eyes back on my holding the trigger for 4 seconds a second time. Only on the WAS board do you have to turn the marker off then back on the get the eyes back. Also on a Pandora there is no boot up delay like the WAS.

Where did you get 10 seconds from?