PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Rapid Fire

alooney11
10-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Has anyone seen zak vetter's site? The rapid fire section is really impressive just wondering if anyone has used this technique? Also what problems(if any at all) have been experienced from doing this?

Z-man
10-21-2004, 03:18 PM
I saw it! I think it looks pretty good... oh wait.

LittlePaintballBoy
10-21-2004, 03:42 PM
That site SUXORZZ TEH BIG ON3!!!!!11ONE

Automaggot68
10-21-2004, 03:42 PM
I saw it! I think it looks pretty good... oh wait.

I've seen them! Vetter is a big hack! He don't' know nothin' !
Those vid's are faked!

LittlePaintballBoy
10-21-2004, 03:45 PM
It's all done with mirrors.

MonsterMag
10-21-2004, 03:48 PM
got a linky?

Automaggot68
10-21-2004, 03:53 PM

OMGFWTFBBQ!~!!!!!11111oneoneoneoneoe

Hahah, i'm a prick.

LittlePaintballBoy
10-21-2004, 03:54 PM
www.I<3RapidFire.com (www.pbnation.com)

Z-man
10-21-2004, 03:55 PM

I hear he just speeds up the footage. Either way it's so obvious

got a linky?

Rapid-Fire Page (http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Automags/Rapid_Fire/rf_disclaimer.html)

LittlePaintballBoy
10-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Zak that link is down, emagball try this one

Rapid Fire Stuff (http://www.LittlePaintballBoyPwnsj00.com)

Automaggot68
10-21-2004, 03:59 PM
I hear he just speeds up the footage. Either way it's so obvious

Rapid-Fire Page (http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Automags/Rapid_Fire/rf_disclaimer.html)

Yeah, and he's a jerk too. He's freaking vegan to boot.

LittlePaintballBoy
10-21-2004, 04:09 PM
That little weenie!

space_weazel_45
10-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Jeabus you guys, maby just maby hes serious [unless im missing something] yes it is fast, i'm sure some people have used it and enjoy it, but no real problems to speak of other than maby shoot down if your air system cant feed the gun fast enough.

^^just trying to be helpfull

alooney11
10-21-2004, 04:53 PM
This was a predictable response, do not be offended. I was simply asking others if they had used this technique, and about THEIR results. I already saw your(zak vetter) results on your aforementioned site. I am not challenging your videos?, however I am interested on the affect this may have on the gun. Submitting it to a peer review of sorts. You should not assume that results do not vary between people, also just because you have the knowledge to create a website on the subject does not mean you are an infalible source on the topic.

Stay cool

alooney11
10-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Also automaggot where did you get that sweet cp forgrip? is it gas through and were does the fitting screw in?

warbeak2099
10-21-2004, 07:09 PM
They were kidding around with each other dude. Calm down.

Automaggot68
10-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Also automaggot where did you get that sweet cp forgrip? is it gas through and were does the fitting screw in?

i go to a shoppe here in San Diego, velocity paintball. They're a Custom Products dealer. The fitting screws in the very bottom (macroline only, but it comes with a plug) and on the side of it.

Z-man
10-21-2004, 08:27 PM
I am not challenging your videos?, however I am interested on the affect this may have on the gun. Submitting it to a peer review of sorts.

That's an interesting thought. hehe the first thought that came to mind when you said review is like those cheap as seen on TV ads "WOW RAPID-FIRE REALLY WORKS!" As far as reviews or other people commenting on if they were able to do what I had written about, it's all here on AO. it's scattered about in threads. Doing a search for "rapid-fire" and spell it different ways will likely pull up a few threads along the lines you are looking for.

You should not assume that results do not vary between people,
Never did. The tank you use and how you decide to set it up will be the largest factor there

also just because you have the knowledge to create a web site on the subject does not mean you are an infallible source on the topic.

Somebody gets to be :D

As for what I assume, I lay out very clearly what prerequisites are needed for it to happen. One thing that I commonly see (in tech threads in general) is that though the info is laid out in front of the person, they will not actually measure or compare it to their marker. They don't want to take the time to see if their on/off pin is the right length so they just assume its right because *insert valid argument*. More often than not, when people cannot get their marker to rapid-fire they are trying to cut corners. Most often they:

1- Did not try an adjustable tank (or just tried one without even checking to see which ones are suggested)

2- Did not turn up the input pressure enough. Many people just decide that they are not going above 900psi because its says that you can get into rapid-fire at that point. I tried to make VERY clear that each adjustable reg will be different and what works for one will not work for another. It requires some testing on your part. And if you try and use something that is no recommended (like an adjustable 3K system like the AGD Flatline) it won't work as well.

3- Do not have a longer 2 finger/blade trigger. Yep, it's clearly harder to rapid-fire with a short trigger. I get messages from people saying "WOW it's like night and day!" once they try an inteliframe or something like that on their marker.

Now there is one area in which my write-up does not offer any help. ULT on/off valves. I keep toying with what do do about this. On the 1 hand, I have tried to compile all the information needed for you to rapid-fire your RT vavled Mag without modifying or altering your marker or modifying it (which can void your warranty).

According to AGD, the ULT is designed to eliminate the bounce of the RT valve. It does this very effectively. I tried hooking up my Max-Flo tank to a ULE RT valve that was properly adjusted and even at 1200psi it would not bounce.

However people soon discovered that if you put enough shims in, you can make the ULT rapid-fire. Technically this is not a properly adjusted setup for AGD's stuff and thus i left it out of my explanations. It can be done but it does not seem to be adjustable. If you want to lessen the bounce or vice versa you have to take the valve out and dink with it.

alooney11
10-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Once again not questioning if it works, just wondering if anyone had any problems with thier guns from doing this. Thats all.

alooney11
10-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Also, does increased volume(more macro, gas through grip, ect.) before the x-valve produce better conistency?

Z-man
10-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Also, does increased volume(more macro, gas through grip, ect.) before the x-valve produce better conistency?

That is a good question. I have not spent a great deal of time experimenting wiht that but I suspect that it does. If (for example) you had 2 RT Pro's setup, one with the shortest line going stright to the tank, and the other with a gas through the size of a coffee can I would suspect that the second system would be both more consistant and asier to rapid-fire. Overall the pressure change in the system with a large volume of gas stored between the 2 regs would be less than the other marker system. In addition, as the RT bounce is tied directly into how high and how quick the incoming air pressure is, the reactivity and ease of rapid-fire should be much more pronounced.

That's a very interesting idea. I think Ill go play around and see what I can do. Perhapse with enough of volume buffer between the tank reg and RT valve, you can get a preset to rapid-fire for short bits.

alooney11
10-22-2004, 05:46 PM
I spoke to the guys at agd an they said when they test the guns, there is a 10 ft line between the gun and the compressor tank. This gives those really tight velocity groupings seen on the paper you get with a new gun. obvioulsy this(10 ft line) is not possible on a regular set up, but some currently run direct from their tank(including me), while it may be better to set up a gas through grip and use longer lengths of macroline where possible. Once again no hard feelings about previous comments, just trying to get the most from my gun, I really appreciate the depth of your site.

Z-man
10-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Well now I might have a bit of an ego :D but seriously man, I did not take offence to what you said. This place is full of sarcasm and I get to have my bit of fun too. No appology is needed as nothing wrong was said.

alooney11
10-23-2004, 07:04 PM
About how many shots do you get using this technique, of an 88. and if known a 68. Also are the 88 much heavier than the 68s?

alooney11
10-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Did you ever try this with an evlution 2, i have an x-board in mine, think that would keep up?