PDA

View Full Version : Possible solution to "ball bobble" (?)

luke
11-01-2001, 08:08 AM
Ball "bobble" obviously has been a problem for years, and continues to cause problems in non powerfeed or non Warp applications. It just occurred to me that the problem could be less complicated than it needs to be. The reason a power feed system works so well (correct me if I'm wrong) is because once the ball is fed into the breach, it won't back out because it can't easily make the 90 degree turn back towards the hopper. So, why not use a simple "one way only" feed tube that limits ball travel to one direction. (Regardless of how the ball travels to the breach, vertical or otherwise). By this I mean some type of ball detent or nubbin located in the feed tube just before the
breach that allows balls to flow into but not out of the breach. Ricochet claims that their loader eliminates ball bobble because the switch that activates the motor inside the feed neck only allows balls to flow one way. I have no experience with this loader so I have no idea if his claims are true, but in theory it sounds good.

Could a simple idea like this work?

AGD
11-01-2001, 10:15 AM
It has been tired many times. The problem is that anything strong enough to hold back the bobble doesn't let the balls feed.

AGD

PsychoMag
11-01-2001, 10:53 AM
The Ricochet loader has a circuit that protrudes into the neck, and the loader doesnt feed back up the neck, I have vigorously tested this aspect.