PDA

View Full Version : Emag on electric mode, and kick back of trigger?

LCDmag1
11-01-2001, 10:16 AM
I was in Econ class this morning and of course I was thinking about something else. Well I thought of the emag trigger with the magnet behind it, that gives some kickback. I was thinking of a better way of doing it maybe, so it will be like the hybrid mode but doesn't double fire if pulled slow. What if you made the magnet behind the trigger an electromagnet. Now when you pull the trigger the magnet is off, so there is no resistance in the pull to fire, but after you pull it enough to fire and the gun fires, have the electromagnet engage with a lot of force way more than it took to pull it, kicking the trigger back into place, just like retro. So the magnet itself would be an electronic version of the retro kickback. I do realize there is some resistance, that pushes the trigger forward now, but with the electromagnet way you can make it stronger, without making the electronic pull harder to pull initially.
What do you think?

Temo Vryce
11-01-2001, 10:50 AM
Your idea sounds really good but the problem is that the electro magnet would drive halleffect sensor nuts. Mind you if you move the electromagnet to the front of the frame and replace the earth magnets above the trigger. The only other problem I can see is that the electromagnet will eat up the e-mag battery all that much faster. Good idea though.

cphilip
11-01-2001, 12:55 PM
I do not believe you can improve this E-Mag trigger. Its perfect already.

emanjamin
11-01-2001, 03:57 PM
When I was at IAO one of the techs took an e-mag and set it so the barrel pointed upward and took a pen and pushed down the pen once in onto the trigger and held the other end, that thing went crazy!! The weight of a BIC pen kept that thing going and going until he took the pen away. I thought that was the neatest thing.

Paintchucker
11-01-2001, 07:04 PM
It is my understanding that the Emag and RT Pro share a similar valve system and have a similar trigger kickback as the orig. RT. What I have been pondering is the effect of the extra kickback on the wear and tear of the trigger and sear when an electric trigger is used like the EMAG or a Hyperframe. Does this cause a hard wear or is it small? If so, would turning down the psi output on the N2 tank minimize the wear??

cphilip
11-02-2001, 11:54 AM
I don't think its noticable. At least there seem to be no reports of this as of yet and the RT has been around. Perhaps thats why they hardenned and carbide tipped the RT Sears though. Interesting thought.

I am currently running the E-Mag at 650 psi and like it. No shoot downa nd runs like a dream. Perhaps its agood thing? I plan to run the kids Retro there to as soon as my other adjustable tank arrives.