PDA

View Full Version : punch gouges on gripframe

rifleman wi
10-22-2004, 12:28 AM
hi all... the previous owner of my emag musta not had a steady hand... when he tryed to take the trigger pin out he nailed the gripframe with a punch a few times... it kinda nicked up.. ill get pix of it later....i would like to know what methoud i would use to take these out/ smooth them out...and i dont wanna re anno my whole grip frame... so stripping it and re maching it or w/e is not an option.. and i only want the fixed part of it raw... not a huge area around it.... any help would be usefull... thanx in advance...

mobius
10-22-2004, 09:36 AM
sand them out with some very fine sandpaper. Use progressively finer pieces until you acheive the same smoothness as the rest of the gun.

rifleman wi
10-22-2004, 11:21 AM
its such a small area tho (trigger pin area) how would i get in there with sand paper without ruining the anno around it? its like they hit the pin to knock it out.. but the punch slipped and hit the sides of the hole a few times... i was thinking a drill press and just making the opening to the hole a little bigger.. just enough to get rid of the marks....

any other help would be very appreciated.....