PDA

View Full Version : Fratenities

gimp
11-01-2001, 11:07 AM
Anyone here in a Fraternity? I'm currently pledging the Beta Psi Chapter of Alpha Sigma Phi. I'll be a brother in a few weeks.

Shaft
11-01-2001, 11:14 AM
Triangle and I'm a 32* Mason.

bsusigep18
11-01-2001, 11:41 AM
Im a sigep. Imagine that, at Ball State, which has become the worst school in the world...how does a school take away tailgating!! thats unbelievable!:mad:

pito189
11-01-2001, 02:36 PM
Proud to be pledging at the Delta Kappa chapter of Beta Theta Pi, here at the great University of Tennessee at Knoxville.

MajorDamage
11-01-2001, 02:42 PM
Yep, I made up my own! !A! ALPHA !A! Oh yeah, its the greatest!!! It includes me, my brother, and 3 friends(I think...). YES YES YES! !A! ALPHA !A!

ENDO!

bsusigep18
11-01-2001, 02:44 PM
Good luck to all you guys pledging. as much as fraternities get a bad rep, joining sigep was one of the best decisions i ever made, make the most of your college years, i know i am!

Snappy
11-01-2001, 03:37 PM
I'm in the National Society of Pershing Rifles, a military frat. Also I'm the VP of Scabbard and Blade, the honor society of ROTC. My sister wants me to rush Delta Sigma Pi (business frat) so she could be my "brother/sister."

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
11-01-2001, 06:22 PM
My bro is in Lamda Chi Alpha

Thordic
11-01-2001, 06:27 PM
I am a member-on-suspension of the Epsilon Psi chapter of Theta Chi.

I wasn't even in the school at the time, I had transferred out, and the chapter got re-orged because our president got upset because no one liked him anymore and he wrote down a list of anything against the rules we did, with proof, and mailed it to national. Yes, one member can ruin an entire chapter.

They weren't even major infractions, just little things that everyone does that are technically against the rules. I won't go into the whole thing here, if there are any OX guys out there, they may or may not know the story.

Anyway, I think fraternities are SOMETIMES a good thing (mine was) but the problem is national's are run more like corporations than brotherhoods, and thats not the way it should be.

2+ years later, we are all still pissed off about it. The chapter went from 64 members to 12 members overnight. About 20 got booted, and the rest quit in disgust.

But if you are having fun with it, good :)

krafty
11-01-2001, 07:19 PM
Tappa Kegga Brew

Zo
11-01-2001, 09:30 PM
Go sigeps!

gimp
11-01-2001, 10:56 PM
I went to a good party at sigep the other day.

bsusigep18
11-01-2001, 11:01 PM
Zo...are you a fellow sigep? where at?

Thordic...where at? they just started cracking down on the rules now for the frat houses too...stupid stuff, our parties are dry now...how can you have a dry party in a fraternity house? exactly, it doesn't happen. so now people have to binge drink before the parties. its an obsurd rule that ball state is taking because our new president is getting flac for not being strict enough. which is a pile of steamy stuff because yeah, drinking is illegal, but its like bret favre...you can't stop him, you can only hope to contain it. and forcing people to take their parties to a house where 5 people are responsible, as opposed to a frat house where 50+ are responsible, is just retarded. ugh, it sickens me, thanks for listening to me rant. go cardinals :p

Smokee_2_7
11-02-2001, 02:55 AM
Im in my 4th year as a brother of Pi Kappa Alpha. I was initiated at the Theta Alpha chapter (Univ. North Alabama) but have now transferred down to the Eta Kappa chapter (Univ. SOUTH Alabama.) To all you pledges floating around. . best of luck to you. I hope you enjoy your college experience as much as I have so far. . . heck, if you enjoy it HALF as much as I have, It will be WELL worth it.

Anyway, Im kinda curious if there are any other Pikes out there. . . . I know several that have played some tourney ball, but they dont shoot mags, or surf the net that much. Also, If any of you guys are ever down around Mobile, Look me up- - - Regardless of what fraternity you are a part of. youre welcome to come hang out w/ me(us) and maybe we can sling some paint, too.

Carl
TT K A

wyn1370
11-02-2001, 07:28 AM
I felta thigh
no really, Phi Kappa Theta.

Thordic
11-02-2001, 07:42 AM
bsusigep18 - New Jersey Institute of Technology.

And it wasn't the school, the school loved us. We were the biggest and most active fraternity on campus. It was all about national coming in and screwing us over. You just can't make them happy.

They said kegs were social containers and you can't have them. So we started using 30 packs. We actually checked ID at parties and did the whole wristband thing. Being under 21 didn't mean you couldn't get a drink, but it gave whoever was bartender an option of serving or not. A few people wouldn't serve people without a wristband. Hey, its better than nothing, I think :)

We used to have the best parties ever. Our house was an old three-story firehouse, and the entire garage area was turned into a huge party floor. Walls and windows were painted back, we had all the lights and stuff, elevated DJ booth, 30' long bar. 400+ people per party, mostly women. *sigh* Those were the days :)

bsusigep18
11-02-2001, 12:08 PM
Wow, that really does suck. We have never been allowed kegs...even though in the summer a few of the guys living in the house decided to have one..just when nationals decided to show up. Usually we have very good support from nationals, we've won the buchanan cup three years in a row, best chapter, and i seriously doubt that it'll happen a fourth year thanks to a few brothers who decided to stretch the rules...you're absolutely right, it doesn't take much to ruin a good thing.

Thordic
11-02-2001, 12:12 PM
We had one those best chapter awards a bunch of times in the years before the re-org. National had used us as a "model chapter" during conventions. It wasn't that they didn't like us ahead of time.