PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs help with upgrading

whatleyj
11-01-2001, 11:19 AM
i am getting a minimag with 14" all american barrel and will be running co2 since i have it and cant really afford air system yet...what would be best upgrades to run co2? i was thinking remote system, but not sure what else is helpfull.
Troy

ciaran.mooney
11-01-2001, 11:45 AM
Having an x-chamber on your mag wont hurt, a remote is a very good way to keep liquid Co2 out. Just make sure you dont use an anti-siphon on it! A tank without any kind of additions i,e. anti-siphon or siphon tubes will work best on a remote.

Have fun!

boggerman
11-01-2001, 11:59 AM
Also consider a Palmer Stabilizer instead of an expansion chamber, put the $30 from the ex. chamber towards the Palmer. I have one on the way, I currently run a remote and an ex. chamber and still have liquid problems when I shoot long strings quickly, hopefully the Palmer will solve this problem. Sounds like you're off to a good start, I got my mag used and it came with a 12" All American. If you don't get the maual and video with your mag, request them from AGD when you register the mag, the video is a little outdated, but very helpful in troubleshooting your mag. Welcome to Automags.org and congratulations on your good taste in markers.

whatleyj
11-01-2001, 12:04 PM
thanks for the advice...keep it coming

boggerman, what version of palmer you get? i dont know much about them but from what i have heard they do help cure co2 problem

Troy :)

IAN
11-01-2001, 12:08 PM
Two things would also help

1.Reactor valve... Living in Canada my Mag has never gone cold enough to blow snow out the barrel scince I installed it.

2.Expansion chamber...4-6 stages will remove any extra liquid Co2 that the remote will miss.

boggerman
11-01-2001, 12:11 PM
I have a verticle(male) on the way. I went with the verticle because I already have a KAPP foregrip extender and a verticle adapter on my mag and I like the look and feel of that setup. If I was starting from scratch, I would definately consider the direct mount for the mag, it mounts parallel to your valve and is about $20 cheaper than the verticle. Hey, I just saw this on eBay, if you are interested: Palmers Vertical Stabilizer Regulator - Black
Item # 1026275743

TuxMag26
11-03-2001, 08:58 AM
i got a brand new chrome stabilizer for sale PM me!

e21bgl
11-03-2001, 10:59 AM
Recommended a Palmer's Stabilizer. :D