PDA

View Full Version : Magcentral.org

Straylight
11-01-2001, 12:32 PM
Does anyone know what has happend to magcentral.org???

n1mr0d
11-01-2001, 04:37 PM
err.....this site came along..

magic55
11-01-2001, 07:47 PM
yeah i agree i used to go there but it got boring and i found out about this awesome site:D

Dubstar112
11-01-2001, 08:18 PM
well, i havent checked MC in a while and i thaught i would stop by, and the link didnt work, or i typed the wrong adress.. but i am thinkin they are rennovating the site... Chaos?.. anything?

I use to read their forums alot.. it was kinda like AO way way back when the old site was up and...

if someone has the wallpaper saved on their comp from the original site, tell me i want it to be my background again!

wasnt MC up before ao?...

also MC had it's qualities too..

p8ntballa
11-01-2001, 08:25 PM
Its down untill chaos gets the money to pay for the domain. Its on the message board http://pub38.ezboard.com/fmagcentralautomagspaintball

Chaos
11-01-2001, 09:09 PM
wow, i'm surprised anyone even noticed. My post pretty much summed it up. I may just put the site back up with some cheap hosting, if you guys are interested in the reviews that are there. I didn't think anyone would care, and as it looks, half of you didn't like the site anyways. I actually do have a lot of reviews to put up for it, but i'm sooo low on time. I may have time to put them up, but i'd really prefer to get some nice hosting if I put the site back up, which is a lot of money. If I could find a way to make money off the site, I could put it back up (when I say make money, I dont mean me personally making money, but make money as in have the funds so that the site pays for itself hosting wise and everything, and its not just something that i'm just putting money into that isn't worth anything). If enough people care, I'll put it back up with cheap hosting so its still there. From the looks of it, not many people care. Maybe it will be something I do over christmas, put back up the site and put up the redesign and some new reviews and stuff.

Muzikman
11-01-2001, 09:28 PM
Chaos,
PM me, I might be able to help you out with hosting it.

thecavemankevin
11-07-2001, 06:24 PM
I miss magcentral chaos!

irbodden
11-07-2001, 07:14 PM
What I did like about MC were all the posters seemed to be a wee bit smarter, and it didn't get as much traffic as AO.

unseenunheard
11-07-2001, 07:31 PM
i liked MC personally

Chaos
11-07-2001, 09:44 PM
ok you guys suck, now i'm gonna have to put the site back up now probably..... only if a couple more people say they want it back tho ;) hehe

X-Plosive
11-07-2001, 10:01 PM
My name is "A couple more people" and I want it back.

joker4hire
11-08-2001, 12:00 AM
I liked it too :)

Chaos
11-08-2001, 12:21 AM
lmao x, i think u just won me over :) I'll do some searching around and see what type of deals I can get on hosting.

I'm also getting cable soon most likely, plus I'm getting a (much needed) new computer, which both of those (bad comp and crappy connection) were reasons I didn't update the site and fix internal errors as much as I could/should have.

thecavemankevin
11-08-2001, 02:01 PM
as Monty Burns (Simpsons) would say "Exxxcellent"

Why don't you sell ad space in order to make some $$

I personally don't mind seeing a few ads near the top in order to keep it up and running.

Chaos
11-08-2001, 03:13 PM
the problem is, selling ad space just isn't cutting it anymore. You used to actually make money that way, but everyone because prone to the banners and just ignored them, and if no one clicks on the banners (atfirst it was just a banner placement, then they started to charge for the click-thu's) then you generate no money. So then they went to the only way you couldn't ignore them, popups. Now everyone gets annoyed and leaves the site with popups, or just x's out the popups. I would say that advertising for paintball related places (about the only way to get something that interests you guys) would work well but not many online paintball places are large enough to do that sort of advertising. I know one online store that you can earn money from the banner off of people buying things off their site from your banner, but I dont know how much paintball stuff you guys buy online, and how well that would work.

The only other 2 options I'm looking at, is having an online store, which I would have to run dropshipped (so it would take about a week for the product to get shipped out) since I cant carry inventory right now and such, or to sell something else, but once again most likely i couldn't carry inventory. I know of a place so I could sell T shirts, coffee mugs, mousepads, sweatshirts, and that type of thing, which I could design some cool logo's and stuff, but would you guys be interested in those sorts of things?