PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new truck for my dad - How to surprise him?

magmanl337
10-23-2004, 01:06 AM
Hey guys, as some of you know, i got my dad a new marker for when he returns from over-seas (He's in the Navy, hes been over seas for 13 months in the past 2 years) On top of that, my mom bought my dad a brand new 2004 Nissan Frontier XE (Yellow). This is the truck he's had his eye on for quite some time now. This is where you guys come in. We need to devise a way to surprise him with it. This is my plan:

Everyone bought my dad a present, so once we get back from picking him up from the base, my brother and sister give him their gifts. I say "Be right back dad, my present is at a friends house, i kept it there so karl and aneva wont mess with it." At the same time, the truck is parked 2 blocks behind our house, so he wont see it. I drive the truck the front of the housem as karl and aneva are finshed giving him their gifts. I had my dad the 2004 Viking, 68/4500 tank, and Halo B hopper. After he recieves my gift, my mom hands him a tiny box, inside will be the keys to the brand new truck. Thats when he realizes that we bought it, he goes to look outside, and then jumps for joy of a brand new truck.

I need ideas guys!! Or atleast imput on my idea. I still need to find a tiny box that will fit a key nicely. Anyone have any ideas of a small item i can buy at the store thats inexpensive, but the box is nice?

Miscue
10-23-2004, 01:10 AM
Leave it parked on the sidewalk, and walk by it with your dad. "Whoa, check out that truck." "It's nice son, I'd like one." "Hey, they left the key in the ignition, and the door is open! We could steal it!" "What are you doing?!" Start driving off - "Hurry up dad, get in before the cops come!"

:D

Oh yeah, make a fake title to the vehicle that you "found in the glove box." Put your neighbors name on it. Give your dad the real title, and tell him that you made it on the computer for him - "It's all yours!"

magmanl337
10-23-2004, 01:14 AM
My dad might have some suspiscion that we already bought one. My mom emailed him sayin that we are in debt, since we're building an upstairs. (She said the construction workers are over-charging us) Any more ideas?

Snertz
10-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Yar, good idea, sounds like it would go pretty smooth for the most part.

Ps. Miscue, clean your pm box, I've been trying to get in contact with you for the trade.

Miscue
10-23-2004, 01:24 AM
My dad might have some suspiscion that we already bought one. My mom emailed him sayin that we are in debt, since we're building an upstairs. (She said the construction workers are over-charging us) Any more ideas?

Put a Volvo keychain on the key, and hand it to him all excited

SpecialBlend2786
10-23-2004, 01:39 AM
hell yeah dude. Your dad is gonna be so happy when he gets home

magmanl337
10-23-2004, 01:46 AM

LOL.

DaveEllis
10-23-2004, 01:52 AM
Drive it through the living room wall!

Your idea sounds good though, make sure you get a giant bow for it!

magmanl337
10-23-2004, 01:58 AM
Drive it through the living room wall!

Your idea sounds good though, make sure you get a giant bow for it!

Yea, we asked the dealer about a bow, they said they didnt know where to get one. If i can find extremely wide ribon, and i found a how-to-tie-ribbons article, we can make one.

Lohman446
10-23-2004, 06:22 AM
When you go to pick him up when he comes home park it next to the car he knows you own. (so you'll end up both driving). As you approach the car hand him the new keys and tell him here, why dont you drive.

lord1234
10-23-2004, 07:41 AM
i like the fake stealing idea...

Bad_Dog
10-23-2004, 08:48 AM
your plan sounds the best.. but you cant have him sitting where he can see you pull up...

you could buy him a key rack... and when he looks at you for the ackward present you could say.. "hell If I had as many keys as you do.... I need one of those also"

TMAXXKING1
10-24-2004, 12:00 AM
park the truck where you two go and play together .. the local feild or what ever ... and get your mom to drop you guys off and ... or something like tell him ... your freinds are going to meet up with you .. to go out and do a little 2 on 2 ... get freinds to call and say they arent going to make it ... sit there in the lot for 10 mins... mom pulls up and says wow nice truck over there ... tell him to look in the marker bag ... and poof there is a set of keys to his new truck ....

DiSoRdeR
10-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Leave it parked on the sidewalk, and walk by it with your dad. "Whoa, check out that truck." "It's nice son, I'd like one." "Hey, they left the key in the ignition, and the door is open! We could steal it!" "What are you doing?!" Start driving off - "Hurry up dad, get in before the cops come!"
That gets my vote :rofl:

Hairball
10-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Drive by and throw a dummy out the window/out of the bed. Then, after he realizes it's a dummy, come back and give him the truck.

dwab3000
10-24-2004, 05:44 PM
run over him with it, and sya i love you dad happy birthday

magmanl337
10-24-2004, 06:03 PM
run over him with it, and sya i love you dad happy birthday

Your plan would work perfectly, only if it were his birthday. And if he were a speed bump so he doesnt die...

Warewolf50
10-24-2004, 06:12 PM
Well last xmasm y dad suprised me wiht a car, the way he did it was find some excuse for me to film my sis outside wihyt his cam and she walked me rihgt by it and it had a bow on the front and a card wiht my name on it in the window. Maybe u can find some way to do it like that, although your way would work well also.

BUt try to get him outside and suprise him before u give him the keys.

SlipknotX556
10-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Say you are going to get his present, you left it at a friends house, so your brother and sister wouldnt mess with it. Then you tell your brother or sister to go outside, once they are outside, have your mom tell your dad to get the brother or sister, tell them to come in. Then you drive up in the car, and say "Here you go dad".

Gotta have the timing right though.

AGDlover
10-24-2004, 06:46 PM

no no no put a ferarri keychain on it!!!!!

daviselk
10-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Teel him you bought it before he gets excited about seeing it... then get in the truck with him and tell him to drive it... and when he says "this is a nice truck" just go "eh its ok... you can have it."

magmanl337
10-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Here's a pic of the truck, just to show u guys.

mcveighr
10-25-2004, 03:59 PM
brutal.

Now heres a nice one:
http://dieselplace.com/forum/uploads/EA4_mini-DSCF0148.JPG

magmanl337
10-25-2004, 04:03 PM
ugly color Bleck lol.

:shooting: | GMC |

warthog2t0
10-25-2004, 04:09 PM
well what i would do is go pick him up with it, and then try to run him over. laught will be hadf by all

dirty_canadian4894
10-25-2004, 09:15 PM
do your plan up to the point where you come back from going to pick it up from a friends house then when your at the street in front of your house start doing donuts on the street make it really loud until he comes out and then give it to him. :headbang:

magmanl337
10-25-2004, 09:47 PM
nice, cept i live on a 5 lane business street. I dont think thats such a good idea, unless i can convice everyone in a 25 mile radius to stay away from the street =P