PDA

View Full Version : NE Ohio AO'ers

duby
10-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Just letting all the AO'ers in the cleveland area that paul, the owner of Northeast Survival Paintball, has died of a heart attack, and they are probably closing the store. My friend is up at swings and things and called to tell me. really sucks, he was the coolest guy ever, and gave everyone sweet deals on everything. the best guy i had ever met in the paintball industry, and the best, although not the most organized, store i have ever shopped at. just thought you all might want to know.

rx2
10-24-2004, 09:05 PM
I bought my first semi through him - a VM-68. I later purchased my first Automag through him, waaaay back around 93/94. Hell, when he first opened shop, repairing typewriters, my father took an old Remington in to his shop.

He really wasn't that old, or in too bad of shape. It just goes to show that you can't go on appearances alone when predicting that sort of thing.

duby
10-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Just bringing this back up for those who dont check the forums that often.

On a side note, i wonder whats going to happen if they close the store? all the markers can easily be sold to other stores/fields around, but what about all the junk he had lying around. He had so many misc mag parts around its not even funny, and with mags not being the hot ticket item now they might be hard to sell to other stores. i will probably see if i can go get a bunch of parts for dirt cheap, and try to sell some stuff for them here on the forums so they can make some money back. if they werent really planning on doing anything with them i could sell them dirt cheap and help out some people here. i just dont know who i should really contact...

behemoth
10-26-2004, 12:26 PM
i met the guy like 3 times, but he was a good guy..

He will be missed.