PDA

View Full Version : Random Niceness

Will Wood
10-24-2004, 08:08 PM
I went to the market about 10 minutes ago and went up to the register to pay for my super size cookie. It comes up to 1.07 as a lady goes to the other side of the register, says something as I'm stumbling to see if I have 7 cents change, and proceeds to pay for her stuff. I give her an evil eye because I assume she's bumping in front of me with her impatience. So after she pays I hand two dollars to the register lady, who says "No.. she just paid for you"

Anyone ever have anyone else do something completely randomly nice to them? I feel bad because I gave her an evil eye, I apologized and said thankyou, but it really struck me as .. odd. You don't see much of this anymore.. I had money in my hand ready to pay... but she paid for it.

gimp
10-24-2004, 08:36 PM
I was in taco bell today (for the 4th time in 4 days. mmmmm, taco bell). I forgot to get the thing of sour cream with my meal, and I was complaining to my buddies. The lady in line behind us overheard and bought one for me.

hehehe. After she bought it for me, we were all waiting for our orders. Her little 8 or 9 year old kid says something funny, and I kinda chuckled at it. I guess he heard me or something. The kid runs at me and head butts me in the groin. I almost went down. That kid was runnin hard.

*Edit - 1500th post!

Will Wood
10-24-2004, 08:48 PM
rofl, he head butted you? That's great.

4th time in 4 days? Pft
6 times through the wendies drive through within 12 hours.
Lunch - Go through.
Driving home, after about 3 mins, I go back.. still hungry.
Decide to go visit a freind in oposite direction. Head back home, wendys on the way. I stop again. Meet up with freinds later that night. Do the same twice thing. Go back to their place, party a bit, no food around. We hungry. Head back to wendys!

RTDynaflow
10-25-2004, 02:29 AM
I was in taco bell today (for the 4th time in 4 days. mmmmm, taco bell). I forgot to get the thing of sour cream with my meal, and I was complaining to my buddies. The lady in line behind us overheard and bought one for me.

hehehe. After she bought it for me, we were all waiting for our orders. Her little 8 or 9 year old kid says something funny, and I kinda chuckled at it. I guess he heard me or something. The kid runs at me and head butts me in the groin. I almost went down. That kid was runnin hard.

*Edit - 1500th post!

:rofl: I hate taco bell. out of the last 22 times I have been to FOUR different taco bells, how many times did they somehow screw up my order? A perfect 22 for 22. Just need some ankle biter to come run his head into my nuts to top it all off :rolleyes: That reminds me... this one time... in the back of my girlfriends car.... then the light turned red all of a sudden... err, I just wish I would have been groin headed by that kid instead :(

Back to the topic... http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=152868 lots of good stuff going on there... and Heather is making magmanl33l some custom carved grips for free for his dad welcome home gift.... don't have link off hand. As far as sour cream and candy... never happens to me /shrug

RevBrown
10-25-2004, 07:46 AM
My buddy used to dress pretty scrubby. One day he was at a gas station and got out of the car to stretch his legs while the others got gas.
Some girl walks over to him and hands him five dollars. She tells him godbless and that hopefully that would help him to get something to eat.

He didn't know wether to be pissed cause she thought he was a hobo or be happy for the free five dollars.

RamboPreacher
10-25-2004, 08:02 AM
I... Anyone ever have anyone else do something completely randomly nice to them? ...yes and vice versa, nearly daily.

Thunder Bunny
10-25-2004, 09:38 AM
Sometimes when I go to Krispy Kreme they give me free doughnuts.

Pickle
10-25-2004, 10:06 AM
I was recently in a bagel shop and a female wearing Army blues came in. She picked up some food and I paid for it ith my thanks for her service. NOt much really in the grand scheme of things but it felt good at the time. To be honest though, perfect strangers really don't do anything for me. That could be because I live in the most selfish part of the US (So. Cal).

Kevmaster
10-25-2004, 12:13 PM
yes and vice versa, nearly daily.

I try to match the Rambo...but usually fall short. We all do what wecan...

Jeffy-CanCon
10-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Those are some nice stories, fellas. :)

The-Z-Man
10-25-2004, 06:09 PM
I was at a walmart with my grandmother, who had to use the bathroom, so i decided to get myself lunch, I was 50 cents short, so i told the women at the counter that i'll wait for my grandmother to come back. I told the lady behind me to pay, she orders and give me her change so i can pay for my lunch. I thanked her kindly and graciously. I really wish there were more people like her in life.

FreakBaller12
10-25-2004, 07:18 PM
back in the day my friend and his brother and me went to the gas station for candy. W were all paying at the same time and this guy comes in that looks like a rich texan with the white suit and such. We go to hand the guy money and he;'s like already taken care of and points to the texan guy. I was awed by his simple kindness. Good people are hard to find nowadays IMO.

OysterBoy
10-25-2004, 07:45 PM
Semi short story about an act of random 'goodness', not that Im bragging..

An elderly couple I live by (pass everyday coming home from school) dont really speak english too well.. and one day walking home I see the woman out front with her walker, looking around frantically. She waves and beckons for me to come over (cross a 4 lane highway? Sure! :)) So I get there and from what I can understand, her husband is 'broken'. So she leads me back into their garden, and her husband is laying on the ground, conscious but not able to get up (Again, they're old..). I'm not a very active person, I can bench 100 on a really good day. I know dead-lifting is supposedly easier, but this 100 and some-odd old guy was total dead-weight, which was difficult. I finally pick the old guy up and make sure she's stable and the woman goes balistic, crying and hugging me as if I'd just found the cure for aging. So everytime I walk home she calls me over (Huff, 3 PM traffic is tricky..) just to tell me how much god has blessed me, which is definatley nice to hear..

So there, the immoral, irresponsible druggie from Canada can do a good deed every now and then..

SpecialBlend2786
10-25-2004, 10:21 PM
That could be because I live in the most selfish part of the US (So. Cal).

yeah i noticed that too...

When I lived in wisconsin everyone was so nice and stuff, not really the same in SoCal.

But yeah, occasionally something nice will happen. The other day I was getting ice cream and didn't have enough money to get anything. The lady gave icecream to me anyway + an extra scoop. It made my day.

LittlePaintballBoy
10-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Everybody in my sig has been helping me along to a new gun.

Will Wood
10-25-2004, 10:37 PM
The lady gave icecream to me anyway + an extra scoop. It made my day.
I do that all the time to hot chicks at my work.
In fact, I lure them in with free food.

:clap: :bounce: :dance:

gc82000
10-25-2004, 10:38 PM
I have an Ice cream story too. I was taking my nphew to go watcha movie and afterward we went to go get some ice cream. Well the girl behind the counter , gave me a free cone to share with my nephew. It was even better I got her number before we left. :dance:

RenagadeOfFunk
10-25-2004, 11:11 PM
I went to the market about 10 minutes ago and went up to the register to pay for my super size cookie. It comes up to 1.07 as a lady goes to the other side of the register, says something as I'm stumbling to see if I have 7 cents change, and proceeds to pay for her stuff. I give her an evil eye because I assume she's bumping in front of me with her impatience. So after she pays I hand two dollars to the register lady, who says "No.. she just paid for you"

Anyone ever have anyone else do something completely randomly nice to them? I feel bad because I gave her an evil eye, I apologized and said thankyou, but it really struck me as .. odd. You don't see much of this anymore.. I had money in my hand ready to pay... but she paid for it.

maybe you smell bad...and she wanted you to leave ASAP!!!! :p

...no...not in chicago...the nicest you'll get is people not running you over...

...too many people = more jerks/a55s/people who listen to stupid rap :tard:

Will Wood
10-25-2004, 11:20 PM
How close are you to AI?
I'm going to be visiting a freind who's going to school there, and it would be neat to play some ball when I'm done...anyplaces around there..if that's where you're around?