PDA

View Full Version : Can..you..fix.this?

Will Wood
10-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Ok..typing.with.all.PERIODS.is.really.annoying.tho ugh.by.now.I.can.type.almost.as.fast.but.it.screws .up.forums.and.looks.really.stupid.

I.opened.a.soda.and.it.was.shaken.up.and.it.explod es.everywhere...
Including.hitting.my.spacebar.and.sorta.'C'.button .C.isn't.so.bad.but.space.bar.is.really.screwed.up .
Laptop.Keyboards.arn't.really.fixable,are,they?You .can't.take.off.the.keys,can.you?
It.feels.like.metal.is.connected.on.both.ends.the. computer.and.buttom.when.I.try.to.lift.the.button. off.Idont.want.to.try.to.hard.and.break.it.

anyone.know?
I.have.a.dell.inspiron.8600.fyi,and.before.I.waste .time.calling.up.wanted.to.know.if.ya'll.knew.

digitard
10-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Man that sucks. Not sure about the keyboard, but I can say unfortunately "water damage" probably isn't covered under warranty. Suckage.

If you can get the keys off then rock on. Some simple cleaning solution + compressed air and your back in business.

Best of luck though man.

Lohman446
10-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Hate to make you think your getting help by replying.. but LOL.. this is easily one of the funniest threads in a long long time

Will Wood
10-25-2004, 07:03 PM
Woo now I have a space ...button...because I can't figure out how to get the bar back on.

and I keep on hitting . because im used to it by now.

gimp
10-25-2004, 07:18 PM
I dont know how the Dells work, but on my IBM I can pop the whole keyboard out I think. Maybe it was my old one. I'm not sure. I know they make laptops where the keyboard is replaceable.

On a side note: One of my friends urinated on his laptop when he was drunk. We have a really good program with our school that covers accidental damage. He said that he spilt juice on it and they fixed it for free!! yay!

Wolfen
10-25-2004, 08:23 PM
I spilt water on the entire left side of my laptop (Fujitsu). Some of the right side didn't work either, but all I did was pop off the keys that didn't work, unplugged the battery and charger, and let it sit overnight. Then I popped the keys back in and problem solved.

Most laptops do have a rubber part so that water doesn't get too far down in the works, but I don't know if all of them have it. It does suck man, hope it dries out at least.

Also, my keyboard kinda comes out, but is connected to the main part by some sort of ribbon cable. Underneath is where my extra memory slot is. I don't know how most laptops are, but you might looks for a little screw or something that'll release it.

CasingBill
10-25-2004, 08:25 PM
I know my daughter when she was younger popped several keys off my dell and they just popped back on.

Kevmaster
10-25-2004, 08:33 PM
my keyboard pops off as do the keys on the keyboard. granted, I have a mac which is obviously superior to the laptop youre using...so well...i win :)

I did that a year ago and fixed it mighty wquick :)

Fixion
10-26-2004, 02:01 PM
On my IBM, I can pop the keys off. I recenlty replaced the keyboard because of the mouse (eraser mouse, which is attached to the keyboard) was going crazy and I couldn't do anything about it. I'd just try popping off the space key, see if there is anything under it.

Kevmaster - Macs are only superior if they are one of the newer (no older than 2 years) emacs or laptops RUNNING A *NIX. Otherwise they are very inferior. ;)