PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas jest came out!! how do you like it!

atm743
10-25-2004, 07:52 PM
well its monday night i went to the mall yesterday and gamestop said that they were going to Release the game tonight at 7:00 PM and i dont live by the mall and im about to shoot my self i dieing to play it. well i wanted to know if there was any die hard gameing fans out on ao and they got it??? this is a poll soo do the poll and post how you think. I live in a little town were all we have is a walmart blockbuster were i can get it. but the when i went to wal mart theyh said that it will come out thursday for them and for blockbuster it comes out tomorrow (tuesday) well i hope that i can get it tomrrow at blockbuster if they have enough copies. if not i have to wait till thursday cuse thats when i can go the buffalo were all the malls and stores are. well post on what you think of the game. BUT PLEASE DONT GIVE AWAY SOMETHING TO COOL I WANT TO BE SURPRISED WHEN I GET IT:D thanks

DiSoRdeR
10-25-2004, 07:54 PM
It looks cool but I wont be able to play it. Not unless it comes to XBox, but look how long it took GTA3 and Vice City to come out on xbox... :(

atm743
10-25-2004, 08:01 PM
It looks cool but I wont be able to play it. Not unless it comes to XBox, but look how long it took GTA3 and Vice City to come out on xbox... :(

hate to tell you this i get video magz every soo offten in the mail and i read that they dont think that its coming out on xbox :( i have a ps2 and a xbox and i would rather have it on xbox soo i can listen to music while i play and faster loading.

LittlePaintballBoy
10-25-2004, 08:19 PM
And HALO^^

fcpchop
10-25-2004, 09:18 PM
i went down to the mall today at like 8 oclock, the line was out the door, and down about 50 ft. i was like forget that. its so crazy and all those people had reservations

BlackWeenie
10-25-2004, 10:48 PM
i went down to the mall today at like 8 oclock, the line was out the door, and down about 50 ft. i was like forget that. its so crazy and all those people had reservations

i'll correct your spelling mistake: "i went down to the mall today at like 8 oclock, the line was out the door, and down about 50 ft. i was like forget that. its so crazy and all those NERDS had reservations"

RenagadeOfFunk
10-25-2004, 11:08 PM
...im not going to get it...im not racists or anything...i just hate rap SOO MUCH!!!...

Konigballer
10-25-2004, 11:47 PM
"...im not going to get it...im not racists or anything...i just hate rap SOO MUCH!!!..."----------

Dude, dont sound so PC, its not racist to state a musical preference
Besides, I'm sure there will be a big selection of radio stations to play in the game besides rap stations, just like in the previous games. There better be, I'm not a big rap fan anyways.

my musical preferences with GTA3 & Vice City are kind of weird, I can only play GTA3 when I listen to the classical music station and I have to listen to the latin station when I play Vice City.

i need to listen to music that relaxes me and helps me concentrate when I'm hard at work in the underworld causing general mayhem. :shooting:

Rather
10-26-2004, 12:01 AM
Awesome game.. lil bro came home with it tonight.... :D (like hell i'd pay fo rit outa my pocket).. Not too far into the game and already shot some balla's. :ninja:

Konigballer
10-26-2004, 12:29 AM
I just read the huge IGN review........damn....

Said the map is like SIX times bigger than Vice CITY...

The reviewer put in like 60 HOURS into the game and said he was only 50% done with it.....

I know those IGN guys have their biases, but they at least outline plainly whats good and bad in the game and boy does it sound like theres alot going for it :shooting:

Fixion
10-26-2004, 07:13 AM
Missing Vote Option - "I don't have a PS2 you insensitive clod!"

Must... get... PS2........ again...

ShooterJM
10-26-2004, 07:21 AM
Got it last night.......and haven't even taken it out of the package yet.
:shooting: :mad: !@#!ing work.....

I'll play it on Thursday.....all day on Thursday......... :cheers: :bounce:

-=Squid=-
10-26-2004, 07:45 AM
...im not going to get it...im not racists or anything...i just hate rap SOO MUCH!!!...
In case you didn't know (I read this on ultimate guitar, I don't play games anymore) Rage Against the Machines music is in the game.

lopxtc
10-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Someone here reads /. ...

Aaron

UltimatePaintballer
10-26-2004, 02:46 PM
got it yesterday, oddly enough hurt my ankle same day so got to play it all day today.

pretty good game, i like it. you are free to do more stuff then in the other ones but the game is to dark. i don't like being a black guy that much i miss tony. but otherwise this is a great game. AGAIN, HA HA I GOT IT YESTERDAY!

:EDIT: oh yea the map, HUCKIN' FUGE!!!!!!! its crazy, the map area that you get to roam around in the first part is probably as big as the whole gta 3 combined. TONS of new cars, if you eat to much you become fat. you build up stats. its great. but it still doesn't have the look of the gta 3 which i love.

also they have some 2 player missions which are pretty cool.

ShooterJM
10-26-2004, 03:00 PM
yeah I kinda was looking forward to being a mobster, not a gangster. Eh well still should be a blast.

jdev
10-26-2004, 03:48 PM
I left work to get the game at 7. left work early to go home and play it.

I played from 11pm to 4am, and I am still not out of the first section of the map. the game has so many more pieces to it than vice city or gta 3. you have a meter that measures your respect, stamina, muscle, and sex appeal among other things. you can change your wardrobe, by going to your safehouse (you buy clothes, and they save to your safehouse) unlike vice city, you had to go around to each store to get those clothes.

some of the other things that were great are each individual skill. each weapon, the more you use it, the more skilled you become at it. same with vehicles. driving is a little more tricky, and your skills increase. the more you drive your car around, motorcycles and bicycles, the more skills you get.

the other things i've notices is the police are a little more agressive. as opposed to vice city where if you got one star, 9/10 times, you would just get a nightstick to the head. now, its right out of the car, shots at your head.

pedestrians.. now carry weapons. I was fooling around in the game last night, punched some hooker in the head, she shot me several times. took me quite by suprise. another guy pulled a knife on me. so, interaction with the public is a little more interesting. you can also talk with people as well. they have to initiate the small talk, but, you can respond positively or negatively to people that talk to you.

another thing. you can go to the gym and work out. you can fight at the gym and get some new fighthing skills, get a little practice in. you can use the treadmill or the cycle to build up your stamina. lift dumbells or benchpress to get your muscles up. along with keeping a good physical appearance, you need to eat during the game as well. if your health goes down, you can stop into any of the misc. food joints to pickup food to regain health. you can also go to the barber shop and get different hairstyles and the tattoo parlor to get different tattoos.

all in all, this is a pretty robust game. so much more depth to this than vice city or gta 3

gimp
10-26-2004, 04:26 PM
I think the single coolest thing I've found so far was in one of the bars right near where you start. You can play pool!!! yay!!! It's pretty fun too. It's also got a little ddr type thing where you can dance in one of the clubs.

I managed to get into the airport and tried to fly the dodo to the other parts of the map that aren't opened yet. I figured the cops wouldn't have a chance at hittin me in the plane. You can go wicked high. about 10 seconds after I get the 4 star wanted level, a fighter jet blows me up!!

I voted that 'it's the coolest game ever' and 'it's worth the money'. I havn't played enough to call it the coolest game ever, but it is really really good.

WickeDKlowN
10-26-2004, 05:19 PM
I played it for about 2 hours today and it's pretty good. NOt the best however. I don't really care for the whole stats building thing. Also, not being able to use the D-Pad is annoying and the fact that if you hit any buttons when jacking a car you don't get in pisses me off. I'm used to hitting Triangle then X so I go as soon as I get in, now I have to wait till I'm fully in the car.

WickeDKlowN
10-26-2004, 05:21 PM
There's 2 rock stations(Alt. and Classic) and the talk station. There's a country station too.

jdev
10-26-2004, 05:37 PM
There's 2 rock stations(Alt. and Classic) and the talk station. There's a country station too.

the music pissed me off. I just went into the audio controls and turned the music off.

RenagadeOfFunk
10-26-2004, 06:23 PM
"...im not going to get it...im not racists or anything...i just hate rap SOO MUCH!!!..."----------

Dude, dont sound so PC, its not racist to state a musical preference
Besides, I'm sure there will be a big selection of radio stations to play in the game besides rap stations, just like in the previous games. There better be, I'm not a big rap fan anyways.

my musical preferences with GTA3 & Vice City are kind of weird, I can only play GTA3 when I listen to the classical music station and I have to listen to the latin station when I play Vice City.

i need to listen to music that relaxes me and helps me concentrate when I'm hard at work in the underworld causing general mayhem. :shooting:
just from the prevs i saw it was a bunch of black people with some asians...and a white guy here and there...i was just stating its not because of that-its was because it looks too ghetto...at least from the previews...

RenagadeOfFunk
10-26-2004, 06:27 PM

PS2 for SALE GREAT CONDISH...comes with manual and other stuff/1 controller-2 memory card and a few games $100 for ps2 stuff and 1 controller/ps2 8 mb memory card
see here...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=149215

atm743
10-26-2004, 08:52 PM
JEST GOT IT!!! ya the music is old school and its weired cuse i hate rap but i think the stuff on the game is preaty good. well i jest started never really got into the game yet but hey i only played it for 45 min.s now. all i know is that i want to find were i can get a atv or monster truck!!! well ill post what i think in a little while

Konigballer
10-26-2004, 11:44 PM
"last night, punched some hooker in the head, she shot me several times. took me quite by suprise."----joey d.

In the almost twenty years since '85 we've gone from the light-hearted antics of two zany italian plumbers to this..........VIDEOGAMES RULE!! :headbang:

Kai
10-27-2004, 12:29 AM
Just.

Just.

Just.

Just.

Just.

UltimatePaintballer
10-27-2004, 11:48 AM
gimp: how did you get into the airport.
and also where is the bar that you go into to play pool

where are you guys in the missions?

im on the hydrolic car race, i forgot what its called.

i hate that it is so dark though, can't see ****. also, more gangsta people shoot at you then in the others. alot more. i think you don't get nearly as enough money as you should for missions. you mostly get respect, OOOOOOO.

you can also pimp out your ride, but right after blowing all my money on it i flipped it in a race and it blew up. pos!

Bulldog
10-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Just picked up a copy this morning. I have to get through work first before I play it. Stupid work. Looks good tho, sounds like the game world is huge.

thecavemankevin
10-27-2004, 02:46 PM
played it for a couple hours last night (tuesday) and got to the mission where you and your homies are doing the drive bys.

So far it is great, but not as good as Vice. Vice had a real neat nestalgia factor to it because of its setting. This was something that many of us could relate to in some ways. But with this, i don't think any of us here on AO have ever been gang bangers.

I like how you can get tats and change your hair style and such. But i don't really like the fact that you have to eat....its neat the first couple times....but gets old real quick.

A USA today article said it takes on average about 100 hours to 100% the game. I don't think i'll be trying that any time soon.

gimp
10-27-2004, 06:40 PM
gimp: how did you get into the airport.
and also where is the bar that you go into to play pool

where are you guys in the missions?

im on the hydrolic car race, i forgot what its called.

i hate that it is so dark though, can't see ****. also, more gangsta people shoot at you then in the others. alot more. i think you don't get nearly as enough money as you should for missions. you mostly get respect, OOOOOOO.

you can also pimp out your ride, but right after blowing all my money on it i flipped it in a race and it blew up. pos!

The bar is right near where your house is. It's around the same block as blinco. Look on the map that came with the game, there is an icon for a bar. There isn't a little yellow marker in front of it like the other places, but it will show up after you go in it for the first time.

To get into the airport, I took one of those trucks that have the ramps on the back and jumped a bike in. I think you can also get a car and just hop on top, then climb over the fence.

I can't remember which mission I'm on. I havn't played it all day cause I have so much darn hw!!!! :mad:

Bulldog
10-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Played it for a few hours last night. I like it alot. Rockstar did a good job, and my only real criticism would be that they should have put in a "Replay last mission" option if you die or get arrested. I like the setting alot too. Sound track flows with the game real good, exept for the rock/alternative stations.

Konigballer
10-28-2004, 02:27 PM
they have a "replay last mission" in a way...

I always save immedietly before I start a mission every time, then if I die or get arrested, I can just load the last saved game and I still have all my weapons, money, etc.

Bulldog
10-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Yup, me too, but I think it gets redundant and takes a while to do that every time. Especially in the early part of the game when the tutorial popups are still active and you can't go the menu right after coming out of the hospital/jail. It's only a minor gripe, and nothing that would prevent me from buying or recomending the game.

atm743
10-28-2004, 05:41 PM
they have a "replay last mission" in a way...

I always save immedietly before I start a mission every time, then if I die or get arrested, I can just load the last saved game and I still have all my weapons, money, etc.

dude we are on the same page! wow i didnt know that anyone eals did that. i dies once and i hate paying $$$ and loosing all my weponds. but it sucks though cuse i was play lastnight doing this mission with the hy-dralic car and i was bouncing and moving at the same time and i flip'd it soo i lost that mission and the mission i did befor that. i hate rap with a passion but the rap thats on this game gose with the flow and mood of the game.

hey has anyone get to use a tractor or an atv yet?? also i found out that you can jump out a plane and use a parashoot.

daviselk
10-28-2004, 06:04 PM
I pre-ordered Halo2... and that will be sweet!!! me and my older bro are buying a new TV together.... so he will buy a ps2 and get it.... I WANT TO PLAY IT NOW!!

UltimatePaintballer
10-28-2004, 10:20 PM
why the hell can't i get into ammu-nation yet?!? i need to blast some shells FOO!

anyone try the two player mode yet? that is the best part of the whole game, best freaking part i tell you. THUMBS UP ROCKSTAR ON TWO PLAYER!

atm743
10-28-2004, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=UltimatePaintballer]why the hell can't i get into ammu-nation yet?!? i need to blast some shells FOO!QUOTE]

ya i know all i can get now is an damn handgun thats behind a building. :mad: man i am dieing to use an uzi and a m4

Kai
10-28-2004, 10:55 PM
You can get into Ammu-Nation later on, as you progress through the storyline.

Ditto on the need for a replay mission feature... Especially because some of your contacts are half-way across town.

Has anyone else noticed how HARD this game can be? Some of the missions are tough and LONG... It's kind of rediculous at times.

Starting gang wars and taking turf is fun. Alot of fun.