PDA

View Full Version : Omen capped at 10bps???

Barfly
10-26-2004, 01:27 AM
My Omen is capped at 10bps, it has never even seen the light of day of 11bps or higher, and I have the newest EF-1 version and whenever I ask someone on pbnation evil forum they all say that the stock board is capped at 15 bps. Now that is really weird, because I have never seen an omen in any of their posted vids come close to 15bps even with the PDP chip and a halo. Please someone with knowledge beat down the omen myths, because it seems that means my board took the short bus on the way back from the factory. Otherwise Ms. Information has been doing a lot of posting on that forum. :shooting: :bounce: :bounce:

kreno
10-26-2004, 02:36 AM
call Evil.

rkjunior303
10-26-2004, 07:39 AM
I've hit over 15 on mine. I have a PDP chip and I have my it maxed out to 25bps... If I turn the bounce down a bit (obviously, I can't shoot that fast) I can max out my Reloader B. If you add in a 2nd Anti-Doubler arm into the cam and superglue them together it makes them stiff enough to be able to use them. It's pretty sweet -- not only can you use the PDP chip to the full potential, there is enough force/cam action to shoot the gun sideways and upside down!

-=Squid=-
10-26-2004, 07:41 AM
I thought you couldn't use a Halo on an Omen?

rkjunior303
10-26-2004, 07:58 AM
Squid -- normally you can't, because the force of the stack bends the cam arms out of the way.. By adding in a 2nd anti-doubler arm and supergluing them together, it makes them stiff enough to support a Halo/Reloader B.... Evil is also coming out with an 'update' to the Cam assembly to support a halo, as well. I assume it's just stiffer Cam paddles.

There is a thread about the cam arm modification on PBN.. It works quite well.

Evil Omen Cam Arm Halo Mod (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=637658)

tyrion2323
10-26-2004, 08:54 AM
Original omen boards are capped at 15.
New Omen boards are somewhere around 25.
New CAM arms will allow for the usage of a HALO.

I have hit 14-15 consistently on my Omen.

slade
10-26-2004, 04:10 PM
They lie about the rof of the board? how evil! wait a sec...

what do you expect when you buy from a company NAMED evil? that theyre gonna tell the truth all the time?

jk, maybe you should try calling evil... although there probably isnt anything wrong with it.