PDA

View Full Version : Pro/Cons on Timmy boards

rkjunior303
10-26-2004, 10:31 AM
So, I started getting stuff together for the classic I am going ti be messing around with..

Could some people give me some pro/cons on the various timmy boards available that will work with a classic? I was thinking a Frenzy but I'd like to hear about all of them -- I am pretty unfamiliar with them.

manike
10-26-2004, 11:20 AM
You want a Frenzy or a WAS or an Entropy. Anything else just isn't worth messing with.

I suggest Frenzy or Entropy. :D

TheTramp
10-26-2004, 11:22 AM
You want a Frenzy or a WAS or an Entropy. Anything else just isn't worth messing with.

I suggest Frenzy or Entropy. :D

I agree but I'll go further and suggest Entropy simply because it's less expencive. But if cost isn't an issue....

rkjunior303
10-26-2004, 11:32 AM
well, i'm getting the classic cheap enough where I can drop some money into the right board... Will the frenzy drop in no problem into a classic (non-clamshell) frame? I assume I'll need a new wiring harness?

oldsoldier
10-26-2004, 01:16 PM
WAS, you want 2.6 or better. If you get to choose between a was or frenzy, go with frenzy. They have less problems. Havent used an entropy board, but I heard they are ok...may have so legal issues though.

thecavemankevin
10-26-2004, 01:26 PM
well, i'm getting the classic cheap enough where I can drop some money into the right board... Will the frenzy drop in no problem into a classic (non-clamshell) frame? I assume I'll need a new wiring harness?

you shouldn't need a new harness, unless the old one is damaged. The boards are basically the same size as the old on you have as far as i am aware, all timmy's use the same basic wire setup. I loved my WAS board in my old classic, but do not have any expirence with the entropy or frenzy. But as stated, you'll want 2.6 WAS or newer.

you'll also want to get a clamshell instead of the funky old classic style....trust me!

68magOwner
10-26-2004, 01:45 PM
frenzy, WAS, or entropy from what little i know about them, WAS is teh most easily used, but frenzy and entropy are more programmable/precise

rkjunior303
10-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Simon, I was looking at the Frenzy 113 boards.. One has a LCD, one does not . I assume the one with the LCD is for Alias's etc.. The other one, with the 24pin connector on the back.. Does that plug into a LCD? or does that go to the harness -- allowing usage of the existing LCD built into the classic/clamshell frame?

Goldie D Pimp
10-26-2004, 04:02 PM
They have less problems. Havent used an entropy board, but I heard they are ok...may have so legal issues though.

HUh? Legal issues?

LittlePaintballBoy
10-26-2004, 04:33 PM
From what i've seen Entropy's have been able to be set to have less bounce than the others...

thecavemankevin
10-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Simon, I was looking at the Frenzy 113 boards.. One has a LCD, one does not . I assume the one with the LCD is for Alias's etc.. The other one, with the 24pin connector on the back.. Does that plug into a LCD? or does that go to the harness -- allowing usage of the existing LCD built into the classic/clamshell frame?

oops your right....i forgot the new timmys have LCDs on them. so yeah if it has an LCD on it, it is for the newer 2k4's. Now thinking about it, i wonder if the Z/GZ without the LCD may be slightly different.. :confused:

hell i don't know

black_bishop
10-26-2004, 06:30 PM
ok, since i traded my mag for my timmy(yeah i know..but) i can answer this the frenzy board is different for alias and classic/2k2/storm/lasoya ect. you need the 2k2 style(be sure to specify) WAS and entropy will go right into a classic frame. if you don't have an lcd(gz or z frame) you are ok with WAS or entropy. if you get frenzy you need to have at least an lcd and membrane pad as you can't program any frenzy with the trigger. any more questions, just ask, as i also have a classic

rkjunior303
10-26-2004, 06:57 PM
ok.. to get this straight..

-WAS/Entropy will drop right in to a Classic timmy frame
-Frenzy will only work in a Clamshell type frame

Now, will the frenzy just not physically work with the classic frame/LCD or will it not work because it wont fit in the frame itself? I can afford throwing a board in the classic but I really can't afford upgrading to a clamshell PLUS upgrading the board and having to buy a LCD.

black_bishop
10-26-2004, 07:21 PM
ok your classic has an lcd right? if so all you need is 2k2 style frenzy. it will fit
if you have a gz or z fram(no lcd) you need to get a WAS or entropy board

rkjunior303
10-26-2004, 11:38 PM
ok your classic has an lcd right? if so all you need is 2k2 style frenzy. it will fit
if you have a gz or z fram(no lcd) you need to get a WAS or entropy board

exactly.. it's a classic frame but it has the lcd built into the frame.. rock on. that makes me happy.

oldsoldier
10-27-2004, 09:06 AM
Entropy board can ramp. And, you can set the debounce to 0.

Goldie D Pimp
10-27-2004, 09:26 AM

YOu're kidding me right?! That's the main complaint about the entropy is it isn't fast enough because it DOESN"T Ramp and it doesnt' bounce like the other boards out there!

You may want to recheck where you're getting your info from!

CounterMeasure
10-27-2004, 09:34 AM

Sorry, that info is incorrect. I have had my gun tested just to prove it doesn't ramp. On top of that, I have had MANY refs at many tournies test my gun after the games because they think its ramping or bouncing, just because it shoots insanely fast. No one has ever made it bounce or ramp.

And you can't set it to debounce 0. It only goes down to a debounce multiplier of 0.5.

Mosfet
10-27-2004, 11:06 AM
^^^ What counter measure said.
There is NO ramping in the entropy board.
And so what if you can set debounce really low.
Thats only when you're not using the tourney lock.
When the tourney lock is on there, it retains all settings but sets debounce is set to highest so there is no bounce.