PDA

View Full Version : front player tips for major tourney level ball

TrevorSkoal
11-01-2001, 09:08 PM
I normally play back or middle and float up when the situation arises but more and more I find myself wanting to play further and further up off the break. I am just looking for a few tips on how to play some tough in your face ball from way up front. I have practiced a little bit getting up front but most of my instincts are stay in the game oriented and I would like to develope "game breaking" ablities so any tips????

Johnny Mo

Monsta
11-01-2001, 11:39 PM
Hey TrevorSkoal, sorry man I had at least 4 long paragraphs worth of advise typed out I swear but then my computer froze! Im pissed I know, hate when the happens. Anyway to give you some advise, always "keep low" and use your ears more then your eyes!

Sorry man , Im sure others will have stuff to say to. Oh and Good luck!

Maui PFB
11-02-2001, 01:19 AM
Hey johney MO
Best thing for playing up front is making sure that M-a-s-sdrivers fat butt is doing what he is supposed to do.(throwing paint and talking to the front guys. If your up in the front and dont know whats going on. You are worthless in most,but not all cases. Of course if I was their you would here my girly screams telling you whats up so you could go kill everyone so I would not have to run to far!!!!
Livin the aloha
Maui PFB
kyle

Paintballer86
11-02-2001, 05:58 AM
Dont get shot.

Ninja B0Y
11-02-2001, 11:05 AM
and it's as simple as that...

Wheelman
11-02-2001, 12:16 PM
Thats makes sense

PowerFedMag
11-02-2001, 12:42 PM
That when you're playing front with out friends, or a team backing you up....you suck...and get wasted a lot.

Make sure your team is responding and talking, quiet players suck.
On a good day, I run pretty far off at the break.
Don't really shoot much, stay quiet, get some cover fire, and move up. Stay low.
Then, try to bunker someone and or close range kill someone, surprise em, just go down in a glorious hail of pball gun-fire. Side-liners love it.

Oh yea, and don't be afraid, especially of getting shot multiple times at point blank!

:cool:

RiceRocket
11-02-2001, 03:09 PM
Alot of the suggestions are right on, especially PowerFedMag's input. If it's concept field play, there is no doubt that the opponenet will know where you're going. There is always someone with their eyes up. In this case, if they're already shooting at your bunker, there is no need for being quiet anymore. Scream at your back guys to constantly tell you what's going on, who the closest target is, who needs to die for your team to advance and get the next crucial bunker/key spot. If they don't know you're there, be quiet, creep for your shot.

The front man is a weapon. And a good mid or back guy will know how to use you that will best utilize your position.

My personal rules:
1. Get to your bunker!!!!!
2. Stay alive - let them shoot at you, frees up your teammates to move or shoot
3. Look, listen, and talk
4. Make your snap shots - you usually don't get a whole lot of chances
5. Be ready to make the the key move - next bunker, bunkering opponent, running down the field and getting shot at (decoy), the flag

These by no means are the hard and fast rules to playing front. There are so many variables. You don't necessarily have to be the fastest, quickest, and smallest, but it helps...alot. The longer you're in the game, the worse of a thorn you will be in their side. Try figure out stuff during the game, always try to keep track of where your opponent(s) is(are) on the field. When it comes down to "monkey football" time, you'll know who you'll take down first.

One last note, if you're running to a key spot (50 yd line bunker) on the field and you notice they have someone running there too, make sure he's taken out even if you die in the process. If you live, well...enjoy shooting everyone in their sides when they stop paying attention.

Hope this helps and good luck.

PowerFedMag
11-02-2001, 03:33 PM
Let me see, are you somehow involved in team Aftershock, :p

One other thing I'd like to input.
I don't have a team yet, only friend I play with. When I play with them I perform superbly. We can stand up to the local teams quite well, and even rack up some victories.
When I play by myself, I find that I do horrendous, often I can put much blame on the fact my team won't talk, listen or coordinate.
A lot of ppl play for "fun", while I am currently playing for practice, so I can get into, or start a team. The for "fun" players really don't care as much about what happens, and I get stuck either way to far up front by myself, or the whole team just makes a line...which is smashed through on the sides or even the center, and the rest of my team is eliminated...these days often annoy me.

But yea, when Ricerocket says that front men are the back and mid-players weapons, that is so true.
:cool:

M-a-s-sDriver
11-02-2001, 07:09 PM
Hey Johnnymo!

Don't you worry about playing front guy yet, unless...
You see me running back at you at a high rate of speed, which means the back is pretty quickly gonna BE the front, because I'm agonna run back and jump in your arms and have you protect me from all the bad mens trying to bunker out all of us front guys. And when we are walking the fields, and ya'll say "Brents going up the gut", is that you making fun of my gut or what? I can't help if I have a small food blister.
By the way, the only thing MAUI PFB knows about being up front is what I've told him. He's never been more than 5 steps out of a flag station.
I love you too Kyle "Habenero King".
Brent Jackson, PFB.

nutz
11-03-2001, 12:12 AM
i like to keep in mind, along with manny's rules, that to be up front u need to be very patient... especially with ur team... they might now be listening to u all the time so i try to sit tight and not get hit or do something stupid... then i can usually tell my back players where i hear or see the other team. next we usually try to get a croucial player on the other team out by working together.. if we can get 1 or 2 of theyre croucial players out we usually win