PDA

View Full Version : MacDev Cyborg

MindJob
10-27-2004, 09:29 AM
Anyone have/use/seen/fired a Cyborg? I was on the MacDev sight checking them out. Are they just another Timmy knock-off?

What do you guys think?

Deep Sixx
10-27-2004, 10:16 AM
A teammate of mine has one. They're small, VERY light, VERY fast, and very efficient. They don't look anything like an Intimidator on the outside. On the inside, almost all electros are basically the same.

The Cyborg is an amazing marker from a great company. The new Sonic Cyborgs are even nicer.

sixx

CrimsonGhost
10-27-2004, 10:20 AM
I own 2 Cyborgs ...and of ALL the Electro markers i have owned(way to many) The cyborgs have impressed me the most.
Shot count per tank is in a class all by itself...at the moment.
Consistancy is within 1-3 fps with a broken in reg.
Rof ...is insane even without bouce.
They are light,small (on par with the Bushys or Imps) and they come with a great barrel to start with.

If you can I would highly suggest you pick one up.

TheTramp
10-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Anyone have/use/seen/fired a Cyborg? I was on the MacDev sight checking them out. Are they just another Timmy knock-off?

What do you guys think?

They're more of a Tribal "knock-off." Think all the good things of a Tribal without that crappy AOC and with a modern trigger frame, eyes, and board.

felony
10-27-2004, 10:53 AM
i have shot ONE cyborg. i was not a fan of it.

i have never felt a stiffer trigger in my time playing paintball with electronically activated markers.

it shot fine besides that.

slade
10-27-2004, 01:07 PM
They're more of a Tribal "knock-off." Think all the good things of a Tribal without that crappy AOC and with a modern trigger frame, eyes, and board.
you cant really call it a knock off if its an improvement ;) thats like saying a timmy is a knock off of a spyder.

i have never felt a stiffer trigger in my time playing paintball with electronically activated markers.
it has a 50g trigger stock, you can switch it out with a 25g. there is a great tutorial on the cyborg owners group website.

i actually dont know that much about borgs, havent even shot one :tard: just picked up information from online. Talk to Fragtek or Blazestorm if you want info on how they perform, they both have/had borgs.

TheTramp
10-27-2004, 01:16 PM
you cant really call it a knock off if its an improvement ;) thats like saying a timmy is a knock off of a spyder.

That's a good point. :)

The thread starter was the one who used the term "knock off." Thats why I put it in quotes. ;)

The Cyborg was a bit of a sore point for the guys who frequent the Tribal forum on PBN when it was first intraduced but it's not an issue anymore.

slade
10-27-2004, 01:20 PM
The thread starter was the one who used the term "knock off." Thats why I put it in quotes. ;)
ahh missed that.