PDA

View Full Version : Cigars?

member#10,261
10-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Been smoking them for about a year, I usualy stick to R&J but recently I have been trying new stuff. I was wondering if anyone here knows much about them. I need the names of some good "little" cigars.

Thanks guys.

cphilip
10-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Been smoking them for about a year, I usualy stick to R&J but recently I have been trying new stuff. I was wondering if anyone here knows much about them. I need the names of some good "little" cigars.

Thanks guys.

Fuente Short Story.... yummy....

Jeffy-CanCon
10-27-2004, 02:07 PM
I usually smoke Panter Noir, or sometimes Al Capones.

HoppysMag
10-27-2004, 02:18 PM
I SMOKE PHILLIES!!!!!

tatianas are decent capones are good. duhnhill dutch and mocambo and of course Cohiba cigarellos
if you dont mind a larger cigar get a Onyx Reserve

check out http://www.jrcigars.com/
i think they are better than thompsons and they have 1 AM MADNESS MADNESS MADNESS!!

Python14
10-27-2004, 04:01 PM
I smoke Sour Apple Phillies most of the time, cuz I'm poor.

But I have a box of La Glorias that I save for special occasions.

Oh yea, and I smoke a pipe too....but that's a little different.

TransMan
10-27-2004, 04:49 PM
I get royal blunt wraps and roll my own ;) :p

splatattack33
10-27-2004, 04:58 PM
cant cigars give you mouth cancer or soemthing?

HoppysMag
10-27-2004, 05:33 PM
cant cigars give you mouth cancer or soemthing?

ya but everything gives you cancer.

BlackVCG
10-27-2004, 06:09 PM
Swishers.

HoppysMag
10-27-2004, 06:32 PM
black and milds, and backwoods.

StuDawggie
10-28-2004, 09:35 PM
...sometimes Al Capones.

That's my smoke of choice, but if I'm in the mood for something with a little more bite I go with Acid. Of if you want a real cigar that's short, and is about a 30 to 45 min smoke and not too expensive might I suggest Nationals.

teufelhunden
10-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Swishers.

Worst of the cheapys :)

For cheap crap, namely, the garbage I smoke at school, it's Phillies. Chocolate, since they don't have vanilla by me.

But for a decent cigar, I really don't know... I'll go to the cigar store [we have a J&R... it's a big cigar warehouse with a million people who know cigars] and ask for a recommendation. And I've had a number of unidentified Cubans from friend's dads who were, for some reason, feeling generous.

That said, I've been smoking cigars for like 6 months and generally have no idea :)

paintballrulzs
10-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Didn't we have a thread about this like 5 months ago...way to lazy to look right now supposed to be doing calculus homework. College is great.

Jet-Xino
10-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Yeah there was another Cigar thread at the beginning of the summer : Here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=143927&highlight=cigar)

Hmm Fuente Rothchilds are nice not exactly a "little" cigar but not huge. For a good little cigar I would recommend Cohiba Pequenos or Fuente Exquisitos (Pretty much anything Cohiba or Fuente has to offer will be great). Any of the mass produced machine made stuff you can get at the gas station, Phillies or Swishers don't even hold a candle to even the worst hand made cigar. I started off with Swishers too but man I'll never go back.

gc82000
10-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Wait till I get home I will post some of the best cigars that are not Cubans, but for a good cigar stick to Dominicans or Puerto Ricans. Good rich flavorful, and fairly decent price range. And the suggestion about going to a J&R is a really good one I order my cigars from them.

member#10,261
10-29-2004, 12:30 AM
wow I didn't realise that many people smoked cheap cigars

anyways...I just joined a place called CigarUtopia (http://www.cigarutopia.com/cu_forums/category-view.asp) and those guys are hulping me out.

I should have specified that I wasn't looking for good cheep little cigars, but good little cigars. Something around 5 inches and 46 ring or lower. I picked up a tin of Macanudo Ascots with a Maduro wrapp, those are priddy good. But I want to keep hunting.

planing on tryin CAO Brazilia Piranha and Arturo Fuente SS this weekend. I hope it all goes well.

thanks guys.

any other (non gas station) cigars that you guys endorce?

LeatherPants
10-29-2004, 12:39 AM
Used to smoke Cohiba when I did business in South America. Honestly there really isn't much of a difference between the Cuban and Dominican ones. The Cuban ones still have US leaves for the outer wrap.

Just get good Dominican Rs

gc82000
10-29-2004, 12:48 AM
Modestos are great for some small cigars. they last long though an easy hour smoke.
So I guess an el presidente(9-12" long and about 60-70 ring) is out of the question.

Python14
10-29-2004, 12:55 AM
Presidentes are just like.....too big. I don't think I could handle 12 inchs of 70 ring. That would literally take me hours.

I am gonna order a box of Rustys pretty soon. I look forward to it,

MagMan5446
10-29-2004, 01:01 AM
I get royal blunt wraps and roll my own ;) :p

True blunts are good too.

wet mango royals are the best...

1stdeadeye
10-29-2004, 03:47 AM
Swishers.

What are you still in high school? :confused:

;)

felony
10-29-2004, 08:51 PM
What are you still in high school? :confused:

;)

hahahah seems like yesterday when me and my friends would skip first period homeroom and drive around smokin blacknmilds.. ohhhh we would smell good goin into class those mornings.

dan

RetroEclipseMan
10-30-2004, 12:01 AM
True blunts are good too.

wet mango royals are the best...

haven't tried the mango since I don't think I've ever seen it around here. But it's all about the passion fruit royals man. The best