PDA

View Full Version : Shocker on CO2

trains are bad
10-27-2004, 05:51 PM
My mate is getting one, he wants to set it up so he can run it on a high pressure screw in, or if the situation demands, on an anti-siphon CO2 tank.

1. What pressure do they run on?

2. would I be bettor off getting a female stabilizer @ say 350 psi into the stock vert reg, or gettning a palmer's fatty stab as a vert reg and running full pressure co2 to that?

Also, what are the feedneck threads? he's gonna warp it.

thanks

CoolHand
10-27-2004, 07:08 PM
Yup, you can do either. I have ran CO2 straight into the Vert MaxFlo, but it would be better to double reg it.

I've got an anti-siphoned 68/4500 MaxFlo manifold tank running into the vert MaxFlo, and that seems to be quite stable, and pretty much immune to freezing.

Any good double reg'ed setup will work though.

The new Shocker SFT's use Impulse thread feednecks, good luck finding one made for a warp. Your best bet would be to find an uber high rise, and have it cut off so that there is only the neck portion left.

Hope that helps.

trains are bad
10-27-2004, 07:18 PM
yeah everything should have cocker threaded barrels and angel threaded feednecks.

So you think the female stab would be better since it's a double reg?

I've got an anti-siphoned 68/4500 MaxFlo manifold tank running into the vert MaxFlo, and that seems to be quite stable, and pretty much immune to freezing.

Is that manifold tank you speak of a regulator or just a tank? In any case I was planning to run a 68 ci tank since they are more comfortable and consistent IME plus capacity. How much CO2 do you put in them? I have always just put 20 oz in them.

CoolHand
10-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Its a $350 MaxFlo Nitro tank that I put an anti-siphon tube in. Its a reg with a tank screwed onto it. Just like a flatline, or any other HPA tank.

If you could find a bottom line MaxFlo from an Impulse, that would work very nicely, and likely set you back less than the female Stab. Any decent reg will do for the first pass.

IIRC 68 CU = ~32 ozs I have never been able to pop a burst disc on a fiber wrapped tank with CO2, I am almost certain that it will never attain a high enough pressure to fail one (the LP burst disc being like 1850 psi IIRC) until you get it totally full of liquid, then you could hydrostatically fail one I suppose.

Unless they have a pump, there is no way to overfill a fiber wrapped tank.

Good luck, and be safe.

trains are bad
10-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Its a $350 MaxFlo Nitro tank that I put an anti-siphon tube in. Its a reg with a tank screwed onto it. Just like a flatline, or any other HPA tank.

Interesting indeed. I didn't know you could get away with running such 'wet' co2 through most regs like maxflos. Or that there was a way to anti-siphon them, IIRC the back of my flatline reg has no way to attach an anti-siphon tube like a co2 pin valve does.

If you have a max-flo, how do you fill it, as most co2 fill stations have adaptors for asa threads?

CoolHand
10-27-2004, 11:09 PM
Oh yes, the MaxFlo loves the CO2 (or at least doesn't hate it).

They don't have any provision for an anti-siphon tube, nor are there any fill stations that are made to work with them. BUT . . . .

I am a machinist. Therfore, where there is a Bridegport, there is a way. (Or in this case, a Bridegport and a tap and die set.)

Same thing with the fill adapter.

Enter one 48" SS remote line kit.

Add half an hour tinker time.

Exit one quick disconnect whip-hose fill adapter and a rather spiffy On/Off bottle adapter that you can use somewhere else, or sell.

While you can get by with less, I refuse to accept anything but the best I can muster. :rofl:

That . . . . . and I can't stand loosing. Me and the CO2 had an argument once upon a time . . . .I won. :ninja:

You should be able to get by fairly well on a female Stab and a 20oz anti-siphon CO2 tank. (I also recommend an On/Off valve on the bottle, you'll never cut another tank oring.)

That's all I've got.

Later