PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for upgrading my minimag

Zyban
10-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Hi Im very new to mags and paintball in general and have recently acquired a minimag. It runs pretty much stock but does have a level 10 bolt and a double triggger (not sure what brand the trigger is but I whould like a nicer one this one looks boo-boo. The gas thru that came with it recently started leaking and I need an expansion chamber anyway because I run it on CO2 because compressed air is not availible in my area. (I live in the ****ing boonies). I do have what I think you call a ANS bottom line for the tank to screw in and steel hose that it still good.... I just need something to screw into my vert ASA(??I say that right?). I whould also like to have a new barrel for it but I cant find anyone that sells the old twist lockies. If someone could point me in what direction to find this stuff online also will be greatly apprciated. also any other suggestions on uping my old mini.

Also one more thing, What are these anti-siphon tanks and are they going to help to keep my mag from freezing up as much? and where can I get one if they are worth having at all. Thanks for your help in advance guys

Dayspring
10-28-2004, 08:26 PM
An anti siphon tank is basically a CO2 tank with a tube inside of it hooked up to the pin valve. The tube is angled upwards out of the liquid CO2 so that it draws in the gas instead of liquid.

As for twist lock barrels, give me a PM. I have a boomstick and a few other Dye barrels that I'll let go of cheap.

Battlewear
10-29-2004, 08:17 AM
Hi Im very new to mags and paintball in general and have recently acquired a minimag. It runs pretty much stock but does have a level 10 bolt and a double triggger (not sure what brand the trigger is but I whould like a nicer one this one looks boo-boo. The gas thru that came with it recently started leaking and I need an expansion chamber anyway because I run it on CO2 because compressed air is not availible in my area. (I live in the ****ing boonies). I do have what I think you call a ANS bottom line for the tank to screw in and steel hose that it still good.... I just need something to screw into my vert ASA(??I say that right?). I whould also like to have a new barrel for it but I cant find anyone that sells the old twist lockies. If someone could point me in what direction to find this stuff online also will be greatly apprciated. also any other suggestions on uping my old mini.

Also one more thing, What are these anti-siphon tanks and are they going to help to keep my mag from freezing up as much? and where can I get one if they are worth having at all. Thanks for your help in advance guys

Hey there..

Let me know, I have a Taso 4 chamber expansion that I just stopped using because I went to HPA. I could let it go cheap for ya if you want.

My suggestion for a barrel is if you have a chance, try to get your hands on a old J&J Ceramic... I just picked up one and am completely amazed by it.. Quiet? FRICK YA! Accurate? YEA! self cleaning? YUP! (flip marker upside down, fire 4 shots, cover end of barrel, fire 3 more to clear holes, done! ready to rock again!)

Any questions let me know.. I just got my Minimag about 4 months ago :)

BAMFSK
10-29-2004, 09:10 AM
you can still get the twist loc from JnJ i just order one for my mag a couple weeks ago

mikeller1219
10-29-2004, 03:49 PM
ive got a boomstick it works great i dunno how well it cleans itself compared to the j&j because i dont recall ever breaking a ball in it, gotta love lvl10