PDA

View Full Version : RT ULE custom and Reactivity

Munky Se7en
10-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Im ordering a RT ULE custom (from AGD through the online store) and i have some questions about if i should get the ULT kit with it or not. I play scenarios for about 6 and have had mags with the classic valve for 4 years. Because i play scenarios i want the most reactivity out of the new gun as possible and i have heard that you get better reactivity with out the ULT. I just want to make sure that i should not get the ULT with my new marker if i want the most reactivity. Also how does the reactivity on the x-valve compare to that of a Tippmann A-5 with RT (my back up marker)? Thanks for your input in advance fellas.

CaliMagFan
10-28-2004, 07:37 PM
first off.. the ULE RT's are just awesome markers.... i've shot all sorts of stuff ... all the high end electros, most mechs, some pumps.... tourney/rec you name it... i always come back to my ULE rt... .. as far as reactivity... if you want to "bounce" the trigger like Z-man does in what we call "rapid fire" then you'll want the stock RT on/off... the ult will cut so much reactivity out of the marker that you'll not get trigger bounce after it breaks in (half a case of shots +/-). the valve/trigger will still be reactive and will push out on your finger giving you high rates of fire with the ULT, but you cant rip it up around 20 bps.... I dont know if that is scenario legal, but if it is... go for the stock on/off...

i dont know how to compare it to the tippman RT... but, from what i have heard, they are very different.... correct me if i;m wrong, but the tippy shoots on both the pull and the release?... the RT valves just pop the trigger out at your finger harder so that if you keep consistent pressure on the trigger, you'll start to ramp the speed up more and more...

the only thing is that most people find the need for adjustable tanks when they wanna play around with high rates of reactivity (reactivity is what governs the ability to bounce the trigger..)

another thing that i might point you towards is the TAC ONE scenario marker that you'll find at http://store.airgun.com thats a great marker, and the cool milling on the body allows for tactical lights, scopes and other fun scenario add-ons...

good luck...

-kyro

Munky Se7en
10-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Not really looking for the tac one as for what i need i feel the the RT ULE custom is a better deal for what im looking for. I reserve the mounting of tac lights and the such for my a-5

Z-man
10-28-2004, 08:32 PM
If you are looking to save some money all you really need to get a Mag that will rip at 20+bps all day long is any Mag with an RT valve. The important key to be aware of in all of this is the tank. The tank you hook up to your RT Mag will determine how well (if at all) you can rapid-fire your marker. You want to look for a nice adjustable 4500psi system (like a Max-Flo, an AA System, or DynaFlow, or even an AGD Flatline 4500 series). Crank up the pressure to 900-1000psi and fire away. Make sure you have a Halo B or you will spend more time pinching balls than shooting.

The complete guide I wrote up can be found here:

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Automags/Rapid_Fire/rf_disclaimer.html

Munky Se7en
10-29-2004, 01:43 AM
Im not really looking to get a mag that will rip 20+bps but i am however interested in the Custom ULE mags and i just want to know how the reactivity with them is. I play scenario games and RT's are legal in scenarios and are a very good way to have firepower that can match up with whatever you necounter on the field on any give mission. Thats the main reason why i want to know about the reactivity on a Custome RT ULE mag. But if i can however get very good fire power from a RT ULE custon with a ULT i would pay hte extra 20 or so dollars to add it on to my marker. And to clear it up the tippman RT is similar to what i understand the mag to be it uses excess gass to bounce the trigger back into the ready to fire postion so if you apply the right amount of pressure to the triggger you can actually cause it to bounce off your finger and go in to a almost full auto mode. Just seeking some more opinions before i order my marker tomarrow. Worse comes to worse and i dont get satifactory responses from this thread ill just get it with the stock on/off and add the ULT later if i feel its neccessary.

Z-man
10-29-2004, 02:24 AM
RT Custom, RT Pro, Automag with a Retro valve they all function and have the exact same internals and perform exactly the same. The bounce of the RT valve is actually a side effect of it's design. That is to say there is no rerouted gas or special valving designed to push the trigger back. It happens well.... if you feel like reading it I wrote up what is happening on that web page on this page below:

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Automags/Rapid_Fire/what_is_rapidfire.html

So here is what it comes down to. You will get bounce from the stock on/off valve. How much depends on what air system and what input pressure you run it at.

If you get the ULT mod you have 2 routs. PROPERLY ADJUSTED the ULT eliminates any and all bounce from the RT and lightens the pull substantially. However, if you decide to shove a few extra shims in there you can make the ULT bounce. However you will need to disassemble the valve to change that if you have to stop bouncing it.

All the info on the stock RT valve and how to control the bounce is on the pages I have given you. It's up to you to read it though.

Munky Se7en
10-29-2004, 11:28 AM
DO you know how the reactivity with the extra shims is compared to the stock on/off?

fuzzynutzipper
10-29-2004, 11:36 AM
with the ult... you don't get much reactivity, but set up correctly you will be able to walk the trigger. Granted, it takes more work than using the tippmann r/t (i also have an A-5 rt), but i like the fact that i'm working to shoot that fast.

onakone
10-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Well I just got a ULE rt custom with ult (used) and have owned a retro valved mag for sometime now. I was extremly impressed with the ult, it's very walkable at around 700-750 input. But I plugged in my preset which makes my other mag bounce like crazy, and it was bouncing pretty good even with the ult. I would definitly suggest you try the ult before making up your mind, or just buy both.