PDA

View Full Version : American Paintballers Unite

HateMachine
10-28-2004, 08:02 PM
I Just want to see who my fellow paintballers are voting for president.
Only Respond if your of legal voting age
Please no arguements because i've already done too much of that.....
By the way I'm pro-Bush

CaliMagFan
10-28-2004, 08:07 PM
i say, if the Sox can with the series, then its in the cards for Kerry to win the big show...

peace on earth... no, seriously

-kyro

Thunder Bunny
10-28-2004, 08:09 PM
two to two! it's a lock!

WenULiVeUdiE
10-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Whats does this have to do with paintball?

Pro-kerry here, but I cant vote yet...

Z-man
10-28-2004, 08:18 PM
isn't this a "divide" thread?

Methinks this is a Friendly Corner thread.

tru_flip56
10-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Bush definetly!!!!

HateMachine
10-28-2004, 08:27 PM
It has everything to do with paintballs future
Liberals are at this very moment trying to strip the right to have shotguns for hunting....and firearms in general
After that who's to say they won't attack or "violent" sport, because it does in fact use "guns"

I know are sport isn't violent, and we use markers and not guns but those that are anti-gun will attack our sport without thinking twice

HateMachine
10-28-2004, 08:28 PM
The reason it's here is so people will actually read and respond, so just try and deal with it for 5 days, it won't kill you

Mosfet
10-28-2004, 08:37 PM
no option for "Other"?

Steelrat
10-28-2004, 08:39 PM
It has everything to do with paintballs future
Liberals are at this very moment trying to strip the right to have shotguns for hunting....and firearms in general
After that who's to say they won't attack or "violent" sport, because it does in fact use "guns"

I know are sport isn't violent, and we use markers and not guns but those that are anti-gun will attack our sport without thinking twice

Oh yeah, getting rid of paintball guns is high on the political agenda, right between the war in Iraq and the problems with social security :rolleyes:

Mosfet
10-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Oh yeah, getting rid of paintball guns is high on the political agenda, right between the war in Iraq and the problems with social security :rolleyes:

I saw the political Agendas for both parties:

1. War on Terror
2. War on that pesky Paintball Issue
3. War on Drugs
4. Employment

I always love this time of year. Its when I get to see everyone with their their most logical and well thought out beliefs.

Its time for the gun-toting-religious-zealot-flag-snow-blowing versus the gun-abolishing-gay-luvin-commie-bastards brawls!

HateMachine
10-28-2004, 08:48 PM
"after that who's to say...."
hence the future......
see after is relating to the future not the present
while it may not seem likely now at the rate paintball is growing in 5 years it will be in the public eye, then it just might be targeted

HateMachine
10-28-2004, 08:53 PM
I honestly don't care about third parties because they have no chance at being elected president this year......ohh wait never.

And to your attepmt to back up steelrat like i said like it or not our sport will encounter very hard resistance in upcoming years with it's growing popularity.

BeaverEater
10-28-2004, 08:58 PM
The paintball community should be highly interested in the upcoming election because although the candidates might not directly fight paintball at this moment, there will come a time when it will be in the crosshairs. There have already been legal battles over banning paintball in certain cities.

Steelrat
10-28-2004, 08:59 PM
I honestly don't care about third parties because they have no chance at being elected president this year......ohh wait never.

And to your attepmt to back up steelrat like i said like it or not our sport will encounter very hard resistance in upcoming years with it's growing popularity.

If it finds resistance, it will be from local politicians most probably. The President has bigger fish to fry. This just sounds like more scaremongering. "Kerry will take away your paintball guns!"

You want to know what WILL hurt our sport? Idiots who run around and treat paintball guns like toys, shooting them at random people, shooting them at houses, not following safety rules and injuring/killing people. If people continue to misuse the equipment, maybe it should be legislated.

HateMachine
10-28-2004, 09:07 PM
i'm not saying kerry will but future liberals might try, your right the president has better things to do but if the right to have firearms is taken away then why would they stop there, when there's paintball, bb, and airsoft guns out there.

See to liberals all projectile weapons apparently have minds of thier own and sneak around at night hurting and killing people on their own.

Steelrat
10-28-2004, 09:12 PM
i'm not saying kerry will but future liberals might try, your right the president has better things to do but if the right to have firearms is taken away then why would they stop there, when there's paintball, bb, and airsoft guns out there.

See to liberals all projectile weapons apparently have minds of thier own and sneak around at night hurting and killing people on their own.

Lets not even start to go down that road. I have never seen the "liberals" trying to legislate BB guns, pellet guns, bow, etc, so that projectile weapon argument doesnt hold water. The problem with paintball guns is that a lot of kids don't respect them. In the hands of police, we call similar tools less-lethal weapons, yet parents let their 10 year old kids act in an unsafe manner with their paintball guns. If we can't control ourselves, someone is going to have to step in.

HateMachine
10-28-2004, 09:16 PM
i chose "projectile weapon" because i know what kind of heat i'd get if i classified a paintball marker under the gun category

Trunnion
10-28-2004, 09:19 PM
John McCain, all the way.

Steelrat
10-28-2004, 09:33 PM
John McCain, all the way.

McCain is 10X the man that Bush is, but he isnt the type to kiss the butt of the conservative power brokers, which is why he wasnt selected in 2000.

Trunnion
10-28-2004, 09:46 PM
exactly right. that's why i'm writing him in on my ballot. you can still do that, right? at least then i can wake up the next morning and feel like i voted for the guy i felt was right for the job, not the lesser of two evils.

hardr0ck68
10-28-2004, 11:36 PM
like father, like son, one term and Bush is done!

(amusing because thats on my bummper while my father has "real men like Bush" in his.....i guess the like father like son thing doesnt always hold true...)

truthfully i can handle any outcome that DOES NOT envolve the supream court selecting a president for us again.....

The dude from mail call (ar lee emery however thats spelled) said in an interview the other day, "were a big nation, you think we could find some better choices here."

spantol
10-28-2004, 11:55 PM

Oh, I dunno, anyone familiar with rules of inference, perhaps?

Head knight of Ni
10-29-2004, 12:02 AM
Gen. Wesley Clark :cheers:

I highly doubt the US government would shut down a Multimillion dollar industry for some extremists. Uber liberals and Uber conservatives are tearing democracy apart. :shooting:

gc82000
10-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Gen. Wesley Clark :cheers:

Wishful thinking, or is it would should and probrably could mentallity
Imagne Bush trying blemish his Military record. :rolleyes:

isn't this a "divide" thread?

yes it is. :nono:
who you vote for or even support should be a private matter.

nirvana1234
10-29-2004, 04:42 AM
its all about nader!

Mosfet
10-29-2004, 05:14 AM
Nader is my man!
He's the only guy with any real comments to make and any real plans.
no lets see how much of the middle we can capture.
The repulicans and the Democrats have tried so hard to capture the middle they've both become moderate parties. Neither one is realy conservative or liberal. Its the etremists who get the media which make the parties seem that way.

And whoever said its the local polititians, they were right. it wont be the president.
Who actually thinks a vote through congress and senate will actually ban guns?
Its not the president alone. Who ever here thinks the president will personally ban anything is forgetting the we live in a democratic republic, NOT an autacracy. The president does not have the authority to personally ban anything unless he whips out some emergency presidential powers, but hes going to need a dang good excuse to do that.
The only way hes going to be abe to ban paintball/airsoft with out major dissent among the public/house/senate is if a bunch of terrorists came in and killed a hundred people using nothing but paintball and airsoft markers...... which I highly doubt will ever happen.

Why does everyone believe that:
1. The president holds supreme power and can disregard the public/house/senate
2. that a republican president will make all liberal "hippies" null and void.
3. a Liberal president will suddenly make every gun toting republican dissapear of the face of the earth?
4. Getting so-and-so elected resident will either make or break the current society we live in?

why? Beause its political BS, scaremongering, and lies. One word: Propaganda.

The president does not hold supreme power.
Voting on or the other does not make the other party members dissapear.
And the actions of a president (most seen in economics, but also in lawmaking) tend to not effect us until another president's term.

Lohman446
10-29-2004, 06:19 AM
Wishful thinking, or is it would should and probrably could mentallity
Imagne Bush trying blemish his Military record. :rolleyes:
Gen Clark: You gave the order to invade Iraq, what do you have to say to that?
W: I beleive it was in our national interest. You gave the order in Serbia to attack a Russian position that was so ludicrous that the British general you ordered played the red card and refused your order. What do you have to say to that?
CLark: it was a peacekeeping mission :tard:

And that right there, despite how good of a candidate he had the potential of being (though it was a disastor the way he did it), is why General Wesley Clark could not have been elected President.

John McCain... good plan people :D

Mosfet
10-29-2004, 06:33 AM
and more thoughts on war:

no WMDs
and:
"Making conservative assumptions, we think that about 100,000 excess deaths, or more have happened since the 2003 invasion of Iraq," said Les Roberts of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in a report published online by The Lancet medical journal.
"The use of air power in areas with lots of civilians appears to be killing a lot of women and children," Roberts told Reuters.

ilikePB
10-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Guess. I love the media and it's skewed info.

BAMFSK
10-29-2004, 02:46 PM
if the redskins lose to the packers kerry will win and viseaversa

kosmo
10-29-2004, 03:47 PM
AHEM.....

You forgot about me.
:cheers:

DR@GON
10-29-2004, 03:53 PM
THE SPIN SHOULD STOP HERE=THE NO SPIN ZONE :hail: :hail: :hail:

SCpoloRicker
10-29-2004, 04:06 PM
(non) friendly corner?

my head hurts.

No sKiLLz
10-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Liberals are gay.

SOAD8789
10-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Bush isnt a good president, but i dont think kerry would do any better. Right now, i think it is a vote between the lesser of two evils, and the winner is bush. I would write michael savage on my ballot....that would piss off a lot of people if he actually ran for president and won....

RoadDawg
10-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Liberals are gay.

and conservatives are homo.

Just like Lewis Black says. "The difference between a Republican and a Democrat is one sucks and the other one blows."

Political parties mean nothing to me. I do tend to lean on the Dem side but I highly doubt Kerry would go after shotguns. After all what was he using on his duck hunting trip in Ohio? Also just like many things. If people abuse paintball guns, they should be legislated and most likely will be. It's not because it's a weapon, but because stupid people did stupid things and the gov't likes to control the stupid people.

Automaggot68
10-30-2004, 02:57 AM
Nader is my man!
He's the only guy with any real comments to make and any real plans.
no lets see how much of the middle we can capture.
The repulicans and the Democrats have tried so hard to capture the middle they've both become moderate parties. Neither one is realy conservative or liberal. Its the etremists who get the media which make the parties seem that way.

And whoever said its the local polititians, they were right. it wont be the president.
Who actually thinks a vote through congress and senate will actually ban guns?
Its not the president alone. Who ever here thinks the president will personally ban anything is forgetting the we live in a democratic republic, NOT an autacracy. The president does not have the authority to personally ban anything unless he whips out some emergency presidential powers, but hes going to need a dang good excuse to do that.
The only way hes going to be abe to ban paintball/airsoft with out major dissent among the public/house/senate is if a bunch of terrorists came in and killed a hundred people using nothing but paintball and airsoft markers...... which I highly doubt will ever happen.

Why does everyone believe that:
1. The president holds supreme power and can disregard the public/house/senate
2. that a republican president will make all liberal "hippies" null and void.
3. a Liberal president will suddenly make every gun toting republican dissapear of the face of the earth?
4. Getting so-and-so elected resident will either make or break the current society we live in?

why? Beause its political BS, scaremongering, and lies. One word: Propaganda.

The president does not hold supreme power.
Voting on or the other does not make the other party members dissapear.
And the actions of a president (most seen in economics, but also in lawmaking) tend to not effect us until another president's term.

One of the most well worded posts, Asied from Steelrat's, that i've seen in a long time
Kudos man, Kudos.

Automaggot68
10-30-2004, 02:59 AM
Liberals are gay.

Thats the kind of BS that gets these threads closed down.

I hate Libs. I dont go around bashing them.
Blah--I dont hate libs in general, most of them i just dont get along with.

Badinflewinse
10-30-2004, 08:54 AM
I'll take bush over kerry. Just because kerry is always changing his oppinions on a lot of events.

ryan_1215
10-30-2004, 09:56 AM
kerry is too worried about being popular with ppl to gettin anything productive done. He changes his stance on issues to fit what the other demis say. Kerry is not for the workin man, he is for the minorities that feel entitled for past injustices and he is for people that don't have any true respect for america. Look at kerry's wife she said that laura bush had never worked a real job; despite the fact that is comin from a spoiled ketchup heiress, laura was a teacher and as a teacher and from a family of teachers that is kinda insulting because I def consider teaching to be a real job. On the gun control issue: kerry says that he is an outdoorsman. Yea ok sure if you consider only goin on aristocratic guided bird hunts being an outdoorsman then yea he is.

BUSH 2004
hey he made some mistakes but he is the best man for the job.

cledford
10-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Lets not even start to go down that road. I have never seen the "liberals" trying to legislate BB guns, pellet guns, bow, etc, so that projectile weapon argument doesnt hold water.

You must not live anywhere near New York.

I'll say the following:

This thread should be in the "friendly corner;"

Liberals WILL eventually try to ban paintball - just like everything else on the list;

and, just because it hasn't happened in your neighborhood doesn't mean it's not a problem.

I'm not going to address the above other than to say it is a completely inaccurate statement - a search of this forum will show the wheres, whens and whys.

-Calvin

Steelrat
10-30-2004, 01:55 PM
You must not live anywhere near New York.

I'll say the following:

This thread should be in the "friendly corner;"

Liberals WILL eventually try to ban paintball - just like everything else on the list;

and, just because it hasn't happened in your neighborhood doesn't mean it's not a problem.

I'm not going to address the above other than to say it is a completely inaccurate statement - a search of this forum will show the wheres, whens and whys.

-Calvin

I should have said "ban" instead of "legislate." And Im sure that when legislation is attempted, it is not merely a "liberal" push to do away with them. Its either a broad-based effort, or its in response to a particular situation, such as some idiot driving around shooting a paintball gun at people, and eventually shooting someone's eyes out.

I do not believe it is an inaccurate statement at all.

DR@GON
10-30-2004, 02:18 PM
This is the way it goes Kidd's. Weigh the options and then act like an American and VOTE your Conscience....... Dont care how you vote just Vote and xcercise your American Freedoms NONVoters are the greater evil in this country because they are either distrcted or are too lazy to do the right thing and the RIGHT thing to do is vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This get out the Vote Message was brought to you by Chuck..

Hi im Chuck and i approve this Message :cheers:

minimag03
10-30-2004, 04:41 PM
I started a thread about this awhile back. It was closed because politics arent allowed.

Jackel411
10-30-2004, 05:08 PM
With out getting on a political rant.... Bush all the way..

I like my presidents like a like my women.. crazy and slightly dim witted.. hehe. No wait thats mean..

Actually I have many buddies and friends in the serivice and I dont want to see them get assrammed if Kerry gets in office

kosmo
10-30-2004, 06:13 PM
Watching idiots argue about who is a better idiot to idiotically lead a bunch of idiots leads me to the conclusion that the sun needs to blow up sooner. And I quote:

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

P.S. Im still running for president anyway, so vote for me :tard:

ilikePB
10-31-2004, 12:14 AM
He changes his stance on issues to fit what the other demis say.
Or just won't state his stance so he can get votes from both sides of the issue. His record in the Senate sucks, he really hasn't done much by way of voting on stuff, so it's hard to pin point him on certain issues because he won't take a stand either way.

No sKiLLz
10-31-2004, 12:39 AM
and conservatives are homo.

Just like Lewis Black says. "The difference between a Republican and a Democrat is one sucks and the other one blows."

Political parties mean nothing to me. I do tend to lean on the Dem side but I highly doubt Kerry would go after shotguns. After all what was he using on his duck hunting trip in Ohio? Also just like many things. If people abuse paintball guns, they should be legislated and most likely will be. It's not because it's a weapon, but because stupid people did stupid things and the gov't likes to control the stupid people.
Happy birthday BTW! :D

I think there was a post recently about one of those stupid people. I think it was a cop. :rofl: AOL keyword "Less than Lethal".

Automaggot68
10-31-2004, 12:11 PM
I started a thread about this awhile back. It was closed because politics arent allowed.

No, it was closed because people weren't being civil.

Titansu
10-31-2004, 04:52 PM
- Stolen from Yahoo! News -

Since 1933, when the Boston Braves were renamed the Redskins, the result of the team's final home game before the presidential election has always correctly predicted the White House winner. If the Redskins win, the incumbent party wins. If they lose, the incumbent party is ousted.

An election-by-election recap:

-- 1936: Redskins (in final year in Boston) defeated Chicago Cardinals 13-10 on Nov. 1. Franklin Roosevelt won re-election over Alf Landon on Nov. 3.

-- 1940: Redskins defeated Pittsburgh Pirates 37-10 on Nov. 3. Roosevelt won re-election over Wendell Willkie on Nov. 5.

-- 1944: Redskins defeated Cleveland Rams 14-10 on Nov. 5. Roosevelt won re-election over Thomas Dewey on Nov. 7.

-- 1948: Redskins defeated Boston Yanks 59-21 on Oct. 31. Incumbent Harry Truman (who assumed office after Roosevelt's death) defeated Dewey on Nov. 2.

-- 1952: Redskins lost to Pittsburgh Steelers 24-23 on Nov. 2. Dwight Eisenhower defeated Adlai Stevenson on Nov. 4, returning the Republicans to the White House for the first time in 20 years.

-- 1956: Redskins defeated Cleveland Browns 20-9 on Oct. 21. Eisenhower won re-election over Stevenson on Nov. 6.

-- 1960: Redskins lost to Cleveland Browns 31-10 on Oct. 30. John Kennedy defeated vice president Richard Nixon on Nov. 8.

-- 1964: Redskins defeated Chicago Bears 27-20 on Oct. 25. Lyndon Johnson (who assumed office after Kennedy's death) defeated Barry Goldwater on Nov. 3.

-- 1968: Redskins lost to New York Giants 13-10 on Oct. 27. Nixon defeated Hubert Humphrey on Nov. 5.

-- 1972: Redskins defeated Dallas Cowboys 24-20 on Oct. 22. Nixon won re-election over George McGovern on Nov. 7.

-- 1976: Redskins lost to Dallas Cowboys 20-7 on Oct. 31. Jimmy Carter defeated Gerald Ford (who assumed office after Nixon's resignation) on Nov. 2.

-- 1980: Redskins lost to Minnesota Vikings 39-14 on Nov. 2. Ronald Reagan unseated Carter on Nov. 4.

-- 1984: Redskins defeated Atlanta Falcons 27-14 on Nov. 5. Reagan won re-election over Walter Mondale on Nov. 6.

-- 1988: Redskins defeated New Orleans Saints 27-24 on Nov. 6. Vice president George Bush defeated Michael Dukakis on Nov. 8.

-- 1992: Redskins lost to New York Giants 24-7 on Nov. 1. Bill Clinton unseated Bush on Nov. 3.

-- 1996: Redskins defeated Indianapolis Colts 31-16 on Oct. 27. Clinton won re-election over Bob Dole on Nov. 5.

-- 2000: Redskins lost to Tennessee Titans 27-21 on Oct. 30. George W. Bush defeated Al Gore on Nov. 7.

-- 2004: Redskins lost to Green Bay Packers 28-14. Bush faces John Kerry on Tuesday.

ilikePB
10-31-2004, 04:59 PM
Lol, great, that means we can finally overcome some wacked coincidence.

Titansu
10-31-2004, 05:01 PM
Lol, great, that means we can finally overcome some wacked coincidence.

GOD I hope so...

HateMachine
11-01-2004, 09:57 AM
you say there have been in excess of 100,000 deaths since 03'? First i don't buy that cause you probally heard it on cnn or abc.

Here's a nice fact out of national geographic which has no political ties. I read this at least a year before the war.

In and article on shiate muslims in iraq, national geographic said under saddams rule between 6 and 7 MILLION shiate muslims were killed in the mass murderes he ordered.
Gee wiz what number that does that remind you of?

......The holocaust!

But I guess we had no need going into WWII either..........

No sKiLLz
11-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Has anyone seen Team America World Police yet? That's the guy we should be going after.

hardr0ck68
11-01-2004, 03:19 PM
There are ethnic groups all over the world being slaughtered, if you want a lession in why PM me and i can give it to you (remember we did the same here a couple hundred years back). and yes its messy and upsetting but if we are going to invade EVERY nation its happening in we are going to be very busy indeed.

The truth is Bush took us into a grude match aginst Iraq, and yeah it was a cake walk but now we have to deal with the f**king mess and all we did was p**s off the arabs even more....im waiting for the next wave of 747's to crash into American buildings in responce.....

Screw them all, just stay in our nation and if attached run them over like Bush did in Afghanistan, but **** the rest of the mid-east Including the jews, if they cant deal with the palistinians let them all just kill eachother....

Tomarrow will be amusing..... Im voting Clinton ;)

BAMFSK
11-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Well the redskins lost so kerry will win

ilikePB
11-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Man, this thread has brought out the ignorance in a lot of people.

No sKiLLz
11-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Man, this thread has brought out the ignorance in a lot of people.
I've never hid my ignorance, but liberals are giving California back to Mexico. Illegals need to make like a duck and get the flock out of California. :cuss: