PDA

View Full Version : NXL talk about a suprise!

tony3
10-29-2004, 04:37 PM
I can't believe it, trauma and oakland have BOTH been knocked out of the NXL playoffs, and suprisingly enough, chicago, philly, and detriot were all fighting to get to that series championship. Strange took out oakland, putting them in the championship. Philly played chicago, philly taking the first game, then shock the next, but philly won in the end. So its stange vs philly in the championship.

Python14
10-29-2004, 04:46 PM
What about New York?

evan123
10-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Go Strange!

teufelhunden
10-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Philly owns.

Caffiend
10-29-2004, 06:20 PM
I was hoping this was going to be about the press conference they had at noon today. Anyone know what was said?

BlackWeenie
10-29-2004, 06:25 PM
hmmm, both teams that use shockers eh? maybe they arent so bad after all.

WARPED1
10-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Go Philly!

tony3
10-29-2004, 09:45 PM
What about New York?

They lost to chicago.

ilikePB
10-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Man, Philly rocks!

mcdkid
10-29-2004, 10:02 PM
jason green of the philly americans works at the same field/store that i do, so i hope the win again.

quik
10-30-2004, 12:43 AM
Cool, go Detroit!

than205
10-30-2004, 02:48 PM
hmmm, both teams that use shockers eh? maybe they arent so bad after all.

I'm sure the players on both teams are good. ;)

mcdkid
10-30-2004, 06:27 PM
Philly Takes Cup Again!

gc82000
10-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Dont most of the teams in the NXL use shockersor other SP guns. It is not surpising that there might be a final where the only guns used are SP guns.

RenagadeOfFunk
10-30-2004, 07:10 PM
i guess SP wins the playoffs... :tard:

adt501
10-30-2004, 07:35 PM
9 NXL teams

Chicago Aftershock - DM4
New York Xtreme - DM4
Baltimore Trauma - DM4
Los Angeles Ironmen - DM4
San Diego Legacy - DM4
Oakland Assassins - Intimidators
Phildelphia Americans - Shockers/Nerves
Miami Effect - Shockers/Nerves
Detroit Strange - Shockers

there you have it. looks like the DM4 is the most widely used. even though i dont like the shocker, Strange is one of my favorite teams, has been since they played AMs. guns dont make a team. it just so happened to SP teams made finals

B.A.M.
10-30-2004, 08:36 PM
i read an artical that one team might leave the nxl and a boston based team might take there place which would be awsome

tony3
10-30-2004, 10:17 PM
i couldnt imagine trauma leaving, since they are one of the closest to baltimore. They still as a team have never entered a NPPL event. Philly, I doubt would leave. That would put philly and dynasty playing in the same leagues, not good for publicity.

adt501
10-30-2004, 10:19 PM
there have been rumors all year that teams would leave. every time i hear a rumor, its always aftershock leaving, but Rennick has an investment in xball, and i dont think hes going to pull out just yet

the original miami effect, if anyone didnt know, was the team headed up by chris lasoya and all of the ex avalanche players. they quit and played super sevens, which they are doing a lot better at

smart parts bought the team out. nxl rules say a company can own only 1 team. richmond italia owned the original miami effect, but he technically owns xball. it was a conflict of interest. however, it became even a bigger conflict when he sold the rights to the team.

smart parts owns the Philidelphia Americans. when Richmond wanted to sell, the gardners wanted to buy. to get around the rules, they did this. billy sold his rights of the ownership of the philly americans to his brother adam, so adam totally owns the philly americans. billy gardner then bought the miami effect franchise.

its funny. i was reading a recent interview with lasoya in the new issue of faceful. he stated emphatically that he would never play for the gardners or for smart parts.

i have an idea

im gonna be flamed for this, but.....Airgun should buy a NXL franchise. im serious. put a pro team on the field shooting pneu assist mechanical guns. market the guns correctly. throw out the word "mag" if you want. is it hype? yes. but all marketing is hype. TK once asked if you had a million dollars to invest in paintball, would you do it? an NXL franchise is a hell of lot cheaper then a million. and if the ESPN deal goes through, those teams will be on tv.

for the people that hate tourny ball or think tourny ball has a bad rep (it does), i pose this. if AGD owned a team such as the one i described, they could set the rules of conduct for that team. if you wipe, your off the team, etc. how well would the team do if it didnt wipe, etc? maybe not well, but it would still be out there promoting two things: AGDs guns, and sportsmen ship, two things paintball needs.

AGD could still build scenario markers to its hearts content, and have a professional team that could market its products to tourney players. the best of both worlds. id drink to that, and i will :cheers:

wispaintstyle
10-30-2004, 10:43 PM
Go Strange

ilikePB
10-30-2004, 11:04 PM
for the people that hate tourny ball or think tourny ball has a bad rep (it does), i pose this. if AGD owned a team such as the one i described, they could set the rules of conduct for that team. if you wipe, your off the team, etc. how well would the team do if it didnt wipe, etc? maybe not well, but it would still be out there promoting two things: AGDs guns, and sportsmen ship, two things paintball needs.

Well, although not in the NXL, Russian Legion is known for playing fair and they do awesome, of course practicing 5 days a week might help. They almost took first, they played Dynasty for it. A lot of skill and very good sportsmanship. Sounds kinda like a team AGD would put together. It sounds like a decent idea. Although, i'm not sure how much longer the NXL will be around if they don't get their act together. Not a bad idea to think about for sure.

ilikePB
10-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Go Strange
Philly won it today man.

mcdkid
10-31-2004, 08:26 AM
yea... people ignore me. lol

gc82000
10-31-2004, 09:02 AM
To adt501 thank you for the correction.

SundayPaintball
10-31-2004, 11:29 AM
Still for being the NXL, the "pro" leagues, you never get any info on it like we should. Read my article on the The End of the NXL. Here is the link.............

http://www.pbtown.com/id18.htm

adt501
10-31-2004, 02:59 PM
sunday, to answer one of your questions in the article....

the new miami effect is the amateur All Americans (All As 2)
their coach is former Philly Americans player Rody McDowell
they were a decent amateur team

i slightley disagree with your article. their has been a huge amount of xball coverage, even now. the slightest changes made are published in magazines and in internet sites.

xball is still a pipe dream, but it may still bear fruit. even if it becomes a regular fixture on some tv station (ESPN 2 will be airing World Cup, as well as episodes for a new show featuring games) the non paintballing public may not like or understand what they are watching

richmond italia's original concept was a form of paintball that could be shown on tv and a non playing viewer could understand it. thats his words.

the problem i have with xball is the fact that there are only nine teams playing. three of those teams only started playing xball this year. i like the idea of having franchises, but the money just isnt there yet

paintball isnt there yet, period. im not talking about the bad sportsmanship, people seem to like that. its about cheating guns that shoot twenty a second. its about the rule changes every month. its about companys owning not only the teams but the tournament series they play under.

if you think about it, the NXL is owned by 3 companys: National, Smart Parts and DYE. although this sounds strange that a whole tournament series is owned by only three companies, think of the NPPL. who really owns and runs the NPPL? one company, Pure Promotions. and who, ladies and gentlemen, owns and operates Pure Promotions??? WDP

i think xball may have more of a chance then nppl. we shall see

SundayPaintball
10-31-2004, 05:01 PM
Well my article is made to raise questions.

I could not find scores or anything from games at any of the events until magazines briefly talked about them 3 months later in their magazines.

Compared to other teams you don't know scores or anything.

I like your thoughts though. Thanks for them.

adt501
10-31-2004, 05:50 PM
true, i never see scores until much later. it seems that magazines and internet are more concerned with who did what, or whos leaving who, or who got what sponsorship, or who ***** slapped a ref. go figure :rolleyes:

adt501
10-31-2004, 05:55 PM
another thing to think about...

your clothing line is all about the winners circle on sundays. i like that

xball dosent have that. every tourny, an xball team plays 3 or 4 games tops, and it dosent mean anything until the end of the season

in other tournament series (NPPL, Millenium, etc) you have that week long struggle through the semis, and the best play on sundays to see who is the best team. i like that

regarding that same chris lasoya interview i talked about earlier, he mentioned that he missed that feeling of making it to sunday, that xball was a bunch of meaningless games against the same teams

but if you look at other sports, they are not played the same way. its not like the NFL has 5 or 6 tournaments a year to see whos the best. games are played througout the year

maybe xball is paintballs evolution

Head knight of Ni
10-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Well, although not in the NXL, Russian Legion is known for playing fair and they do awesome, of course practicing 5 days a week might help. They almost took first, they played Dynasty for it. A lot of skill and very good sportsmanship. Sounds kinda like a team AGD would put together. It sounds like a decent idea. Although, i'm not sure how much longer the NXL will be around if they don't get their act together. Not a bad idea to think about for sure.

You've got it right. The NXL finals weren't near as fun to watch as the Infamous vs RL game to get to the finals.

SundayPaintball
10-31-2004, 06:49 PM
another thing to think about...

your clothing line is all about the winners circle on sundays. i like that

xball dosent have that. every tourny, an xball team plays 3 or 4 games tops, and it dosent mean anything until the end of the season

in other tournament series (NPPL, Millenium, etc) you have that week long struggle through the semis, and the best play on sundays to see who is the best team. i like that

regarding that same chris lasoya interview i talked about earlier, he mentioned that he missed that feeling of making it to sunday, that xball was a bunch of meaningless games against the same teams

but if you look at other sports, they are not played the same way. its not like the NFL has 5 or 6 tournaments a year to see whos the best. games are played througout the year

maybe xball is paintballs evolution

That cool that you know what Sunday means. It is what a lot of us strive for every tournament and its a unexplainable thing that we play for.

I think XBall is the future. I love playing XBall every chance I get and its a total rush vs. regular paintball.

I know the NXL had the tournament style set-up this event, anyone know how this went?

warthog2t0
10-31-2004, 06:50 PM
Chicago, No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adt501
10-31-2004, 07:27 PM
i just checked out your clothes, sunday. they are really cool, and cheap too, unlike other guys. free plug for you

WARPED1
10-31-2004, 07:30 PM
sunday, to answer one of your questions in the article....

the new miami effect is the amateur All Americans (All As 2)
their coach is former Philly Americans player Rody McDowell
they were a decent amateur team

i slightley disagree with your article. their has been a huge amount of xball coverage, even now. the slightest changes made are published in magazines and in internet sites.

xball is still a pipe dream, but it may still bear fruit. even if it becomes a regular fixture on some tv station (ESPN 2 will be airing World Cup, as well as episodes for a new show featuring games) the non paintballing public may not like or understand what they are watching

richmond italia's original concept was a form of paintball that could be shown on tv and a non playing viewer could understand it. thats his words.

the problem i have with xball is the fact that there are only nine teams playing. three of those teams only started playing xball this year. i like the idea of having franchises, but the money just isnt there yet

paintball isnt there yet, period. im not talking about the bad sportsmanship, people seem to like that. its about cheating guns that shoot twenty a second. its about the rule changes every month. its about companys owning not only the teams but the tournament series they play under.

if you think about it, the NXL is owned by 3 companys: National, Smart Parts and DYE. although this sounds strange that a whole tournament series is owned by only three companies, think of the NPPL. who really owns and runs the NPPL? one company, Pure Promotions. and who, ladies and gentlemen, owns and operates Pure Promotions??? WDP

i think xball may have more of a chance then nppl. we shall see
Um, you know Dick Clark bought the NXL and is putting it on tv in the next year or two?

SundayPaintball
10-31-2004, 07:59 PM
That was said over a year ago it was coming to TV. Did anyone see any of the ESPN cameras?

Head knight of Ni
10-31-2004, 08:07 PM
Yes. December 9? on ESPN 2. :dance:

WARPED1
10-31-2004, 08:36 PM
No, no. Dick Clark productions said theyd air the NXL season in 2 years or so. I got to meet Mr. Clark in July at the Orlando Cup. I forget what he changed the name to, but he said it was coming. But it won't be NXL.

adt501
10-31-2004, 09:48 PM
um, dick clark bought the tv rights to nxl, not the nxl itself. big difference

felony
11-01-2004, 01:56 AM
You've got it right. The NXL finals weren't near as fun to watch as the Infamous vs RL game to get to the finals.

the game before OT w/ 45 seconds left was unreal.

that match was a blast to watch.. wish they went on to win the rest of the tournament :[

Head knight of Ni
11-01-2004, 03:20 PM
the game before OT w/ 45 seconds left was unreal.

that match was a blast to watch.. wish they went on to win the rest of the tournament :[

Poor Infamous was so close to the win with only those last 15 seconds. He was about to get that last guy or the cap., when HOOOOONK OT.