PDA

View Full Version : Emag question...

Magz_rule
10-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Ok, while taking apart my new Emag (traded my friend for it, now ive got an emag :cheers: ) anyway, the safety was so stuck in "safe" mode, it took me like half an hour to get it into "fire" mode. So i decided to take it apart, and when i took out the safety an absolutely tiny steel ball flew out. I was lucky enough to find the thing, but have absolutely no idea on how to get it back in the spring, and then put the safety back in. Any help at all would be appreciated, Thanks! :bounce:

Titansu
10-29-2004, 08:14 PM
Spring goes in first, then the ball. I use a 0.50 allen wrench to place them in. The spring fits nicely over the allen wrench. Then put the allen wrench in the hole and let the spring slide down - may have to use an other allen wrench or needle-nosed pliers to push it down.

Now the tricky part: Put the safety switch in just until it reaches the spring. Put the ball on top, just above the spring. Push down on the ball/spring w/ the allen wrench & when it is in the frame, push the safety switch in.

I've had to do it 4 to 5 times to finally get it.

Magz_rule
10-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks, got it back in. But, now im back to square 1, and its so hard to push it wont go in. No im not some weak sissy ;) . Right now my hand is raw from trying. Any ideas on why its so hard to push into fire position? And anything i can do to make it easier without breaking my hand? Thanks, and ill go make my hand raw trying! :(

Titansu
10-29-2004, 08:34 PM
They are kinda stiff... only thing I can suggest is to clip the spring a small bit, like 1/8 or 1/4 of a coil. Too much and the ball won't return the full way and it would be like not having a safety at all

Tunaman
10-30-2004, 03:06 AM
Dont cut the spring! The whole safety will come flying out next time you go to use it. You need to take a small file and take a little off of the lip on the safety. That will make it slide easier. ;)