PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Questions, yea yea i know

ThePatriot
11-02-2001, 02:40 PM
well i got a spyder question for some of ya, since im still shootin a compact 2k til christmas when i get a mag, i have a question. I just got a new barrel, my old one got lost when i moved to florida...its a Dye 14" Xcel, i was wondering what bore size it is, cuz i tried putting a PMI paintball .68 caliber through it and i had to use a pencil eraser to get it out, i broke one, then i tried again and eased it through, but this tightness, will the gun even fire...i got no where to test, my new house is on 1/4 an acre in a 365 house development...i wanna kno before i play next week with it. Thnx

PsychoMag
11-02-2001, 02:47 PM
Thats odd, a guy on my team shoots an excel, and has no problems with it, I believe the bore is .689, he shoots Rp/PMI paint, as well as ZAP Performance Plus without a break. Maybe you have a large bore PMI paint, or the paint is swelled. The barrel is pretty sweet, I have a ew DYE's myself.

Good Luck

ThePatriot
11-02-2001, 02:51 PM
thanks man, it probably will go through just fine when i get air pressure behind it, i never thought of the swelling though, sometimes the upstairs gets to like 77 degrees, perhaps its swelling cuz of that, dam this air conditioning, u set it at 70 and my parents room drops to 62, but the rest of the upstairs is fine, so my parents to be nice put it at 77, they get a comfortable 68 i get 77...such bull

PigSweat
11-02-2001, 03:32 PM
Even if the paint is tight, it will still fire. It simply affects your accuracy.

TheTramp
11-02-2001, 03:57 PM
Try blowing a ball through the barrel with just lung power. If it wont go through or is VERY dificult then you need to get new paint. It'll shoot but you'll probably have barrel breaks due to too much friction. A new box of RPS paint should work fine with that barrel.

ThePatriot
11-02-2001, 06:41 PM
i already tried blowing a ball through it, blowgun wars with my brother...it didnt move worth shist, i will get some RPS tomorrow when i go to the store, and thankfully my grandparents r paying for it...having rich grandparents kick ***, and they r getting me my mag for christmas, cuz i need the cashola to play next week

nutz
11-02-2001, 07:05 PM
patriot... my suggestion too try the gun is if u have a basement wait till ur parents are gone then setup a plastic box in the most secluded corner of ur basement and shot a few paintballs into to test ur gun... i do this alot and never have a problem. just dont miss the box =P

ThePatriot
11-02-2001, 08:33 PM
no basements here in FL....garages yes, but if u miss in the garage ur done for...hit the wall and dentage occurs, big dentage and parents get very mad, throw paintball gun out, no learners permit...very bad