PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Ball?

magmanl337
10-31-2004, 02:26 AM
Hey guys, I've heard alot of rambling from other people about being bonus balled. I got bonus balled today, and i really dont care how many tiems i get it, even a full hopper on me i would mind (No derek, that doesnt mean u can light me up at the chrono.) Do you guys care if you get bonus balled?

Z-man
10-31-2004, 02:42 AM
I would be intrested in hearing just how bad you have been lit up? It sounds good but I have serious doubts you would be fine with a hopper of paint (heck even 50 rounds) dumped on you.

I mind more when it's clear that I have been hit and I have made it as clear as I can and I still get hit. I can understand getting hit 5-10 times by several people if I run up the field but if I have my gun up and I keep getting shot I am going to become less than happy.

Just pay attention and stop shooting when you see the person it hit (unless he's a wiping punk-face. That negates the above rule).

magmanl337
10-31-2004, 02:44 AM
i dont care getting hit, as long as the guy isnt doing it on purpose. I got hit in the neck today, from 20 feet away, it doesnt hurt me at all. the only reason i felt the hit was from the wetness of the break

frontrunner
10-31-2004, 07:55 AM
to me its all about the person doing it if its a seasoned player with a higher end gun i understand there there is paint in the air when you call hit and if you get hit on one of the first ball in a string you got some more coming. what i don't really like is getting hit over 5 or 6 times by some fool with a rental tippy who doesn't stop. but in gerneral its part of the game now taht these markers are putting out extrmely high rates of frie

teufelhunden
10-31-2004, 08:27 AM
With the amount of extra clothes tourney ballers wear [to keep warm!], bonus balls aren't as bad as they could be. It, for me at least, has become something expected-- when I'm walkin off, I'm now lookin down the field at the other guns, looking to see who may deviate from a real target to me. You can pretend you're in the matrix and dodge them ;)

gc82000
10-31-2004, 08:44 AM
Me when I am out I either go to the sideline or have a jog to the back. Which ever is closest. I know how it is to get lit up and honestly it is part of the game. I usually play mid/front wing or a sideline mid/front so I can get some cross shots or watch the tape. SOo I usually only get bonused when I try to bunker someone or get caught on an extended run. It is cool I can take a few bruises. But if it is blatant, I can easily send 20+ balls right back at them if they want.

SlipknotX556
10-31-2004, 08:50 AM
Well, I dont mind getting bonus balled, with like an extra 5 shots on me. In this day and age, even if you dont mean to bonus ball someone, it will happen, because of bounce or something.

p8ntball365
10-31-2004, 09:13 AM
youre getting hit by a semi-hard object traveling ~200 mph. its gonna hurt no matter how tough you are or how tough you think you are. but what does happen is you get used to the shots and it doesnt hurt as much, but you still feel some pain (like me)

slade
10-31-2004, 09:36 AM
i dont care getting hit, as long as the guy isnt doing it on purpose. I got hit in the neck today, from 20 feet away, it doesnt hurt me at all. the only reason i felt the hit was from the wetness of the break
would you mind if you got bonus balled 5 times in the neck from 10 feet away, when your gun is clearly over your head? that happened to me at a scenario. he wasnt snap shooting either, and he was an experienced player who was far older than me.

Automaggot68
10-31-2004, 11:56 AM
Lets just say while at SC Village on Sat, we had a problem with Team Clockwork.
Mark (magmanl337) Certainly took a few hits, but the bigger bonus balling was with another player on our team at the time.

From what I remember, they would NOT stop shooting at the player untill Pete (NoSkillz) Began to yell at them after several people began to shout, 'Let them out! Let them out!' (The game was CLEARLY over, and tey did NOT cease their firing)

Sc Was fun most of the time,Despite our games with Clockwork.

magmanl337
10-31-2004, 01:26 PM
Mark (magmanl337) Certainly took a few hits, but the bigger bonus balling was with another player on our team at the time.

From what I remember, they would NOT stop shooting at the player untill Pete (NoSkillz) Began to yell at them after several people began to shout, 'Let them out! Let them out!' (The game was CLEARLY over, and tey did NOT cease their firing)

Team Clockwork doesnt like 'losing' from what we all experinced at SC Village. Either way, i dont care getting hit, tho from 10 feet away to the neck deos hurt (It's happened).

Blazestorm
10-31-2004, 01:32 PM
I used to complain about a few extra, but after playing some more experienced teams and players I'm getting shot an extra 7-10 times after I'm out, mainly because they have 3-4 guys railing on me.

couple sundays ago I was in some back or 30 bunker, I had guys crawling in the 50, I come out to snap and he had a lane coming RIGHT as I came out, I got 5 in the forehead then another 3-4 in the back after coming out.

Needless to say my head hurt while I was filling pods, and chronoing my gun, and getting ready for the next game, but as soon as the game started I competely forgot about that, I know my buddy delays then runs out to the back corners, I'm nice and let him get there because he's slow, but this time I setup my lane perfect and shot 15-16 (Bouncy gun) the entire time... then I waved at him after he looked at me, he just laughed and walked off :D

LittlePaintballBoy
10-31-2004, 02:12 PM

Riflebutt. If you come around to bunker someone on that team nexttime, don't shoot them, rifle butt their frigging heads. :headbang:

68magOwner
10-31-2004, 02:58 PM
my opinion- rec ball- it shouldnt really happen, but im not gonna get mad unless its extreme
tournaments- as long as there shooting me, that means there not shooting my teammates who are still in, so, they can bonus ball all they want

RedWeenie
10-31-2004, 08:19 PM
I dont mind it, its part of the game....i know ive done it to people :p

Skoad
10-31-2004, 08:22 PM
I can see getting mad if I was shot in the back 15 times by the same guy...

but under normal circumstances I don't get too mad, most I've ever been shot was about 10-12 from a single person. It was during a risky advancing move so I was expecting it.

Fallout-
10-31-2004, 08:28 PM
I to could care less if the person dosent know im out. But when you are walking at a some one with your gun up and geting shot for more than 2 seconds after you left your bunker or raised your gun then its just dumb.

ilikePB
10-31-2004, 08:31 PM
I get bonus balled, I give bonus balls, it's all part of the circle of life.

Kevmaster
10-31-2004, 08:34 PM
if its ligit honest part of the game...and they had no poor intentions, im fine with getting bonus balled. I've done it to people for various unintentional reasons.

if its malicious, welll...i'll have words with them after the game

GT
10-31-2004, 08:41 PM
i dont care getting hit, as long as the guy isnt doing it on purpose.

but that is what bonus balling is. Player on player punishment

Duzzy
10-31-2004, 09:12 PM
When people are shooting 18-20 bps or whatever how cannot you expect it not to happen. There are strings of paint in the air and if one hits you the rest are gong to follow. I find it funny when people get lit up doing a stupid move and then accuse someone else of bonus balling when they reacted as fast as they could. It was just not fast enough to keep 4-5 balls from flying.

AcemanPB
11-01-2004, 01:31 AM
I don't mind getting bonus balled if it was unintentional. I know I've accidently overshot plenty of people simply because of the ROF's my gun is capable of. Usually if its a rec game I'll appologize to the player and they usually understand. What I don't like is when people get pissed at me when they get hit coming off the field. I've seen several fights almost break out because people get hit walking off the field. You'd think they understand that if they walk through two people's line of fire they are going to get hit.... for some reason they think it is intentional. I can recall this on game where a guy was tagged and walked off the field and stood right next to the tapeline. Then another guy (still in the game) moved up to a bunker right on the tapeline. When I went to shoot at the player on the tapeline I ended up hitting the guy on the sidelines a few times (he was standing right behind him!). Anyways he got all pissed off and started shooting me from the sidelines :mad:

Snap Shooter
11-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Playing Rec Ball A Few Weeks Ago... Local Field Was Having A Special Promotion With A Group Of First Time Players That Came In From A Local University, About 25-30 First Timers Or Very Inexpierienced Players. The Games Were 5 Man Or 7 Man For The Most Part On A 5 Man Airball Field. All The New Guys Were Using Tippmanns Or Spyder Clones, Wiht A Few Impulses Present From Guys That Were Planning On Getting Into Paintball More Seriously And The Field Team Was Letting Each New Player Take A Turn With A Karnivor (great Idea In My Opinion). Anyway I Was Using A Minimag W/ X-valve And Ult And Was Restricted To One Hopper Per Game. Well Of Course I Am Doing A Lot Of Moving To Get Angles And Shots And Always Going Forward...trying To End The Games Quickley Due To My Paint Limits. When I Bunkered Somebody It Was 1 Shot Only, Not Only To Preserve Paint But To Show Sportsmanship And Have These New Guys Want To Come Back Out Next Season. When I Got Bunkered (happened Twice) I Took At Least 7-10 Shots From The Same Guy... Not Enjoyable... And Generally Took A Walk Off Shot As Well From Guys Not Understanding That The Gun Raised In The Air And Opposite Hand On The Head Is An Eliminated Player. Getting Overshot Is Part Of The Game... Sometimes You Have To Rise Above It To Advance The Sport And Sometimes You Have To Ultilize It To Advance Your Team.

teufelhunden
11-01-2004, 12:47 PM
/calls 911

"Hello, what's your emergency?"
"I need to report a rape"
"Where and under what conditions?"
"This thread, and the shift key was just raped. Please send help!"

No sKiLLz
11-01-2004, 02:05 PM

LOL! They were bonus balling my GF! She had her gun out of the bunker pointing up and they were lighting up her gun and then lit her up some more when she stepped out of the bunker. Clockwork is most definitely the gayest (and I mean call-911-and-get-the-fire-department flaming gay) team in SoCal. I hope to GOD they are in Cal Jam cuz we're going to have some serious fun with them.

LudavicoSoldier
11-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Wow! My Eyes Freakin Hurt! Thanks Alot Bish! :mad:

magmanl337
11-01-2004, 02:24 PM
LOL! They were bonus balling my GF! She had her gun out of the bunker pointing up and they were lighting up her gun and then lit her up some more when she stepped out of the bunker. Clockwork is most definitely the gayest (and I mean call-911-and-get-the-fire-department flaming gay) team in SoCal. I hope to GOD they are in Cal Jam cuz we're going to have some serious fun with them.

Yea, there was some things they did that didnt need to be done. I saw the one time she got hit in the back, then she got bunkered again by a second guy. Honestly if i were her, i would have lit them up after that, tho fights get started that way :rolleyes:

Sac
11-01-2004, 02:42 PM
i think all experienced players have had it happen, and have done it to other players wether intentionally or not, so i dont have a problem with it. i'll be at practice and i know that everyone is playing there hardest so when i get out im ready for a few extra or maybe even alot extra, it doesnt really bother me, just more paint i hafta clean off ym jersey before the next game..

punkncat
11-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Generally I take bonus balling in stride. Its bound to happen sometimes. I defiantly try to be sure that people know I am out to avoid it.

I am among some of the better regular players at the field , so its not unusual to get shot up a bit extra by overzealous players looking to make sure I am out. Most of the time I just turn walk off and forget about it.

I can remember once during a 3 man practice. My team and another team had been playing a tough game , really battling for any elimination. Well one of my guys got shot out and the other ran out of paint leaving just me in the back middle stand up. One guy came down the tapeline at me and we wailed at each other. We both took a pretty good string of paint and were eliminated. Well the other 2 guys on his team evidently didn't hear me yell out , or the refs say I was out. They were shooting my bunker prety hard. Well the refs instantly started walking off , and I turned to walk and both these guys just lit me up beyond belief. I took quite a few , had to jump back into cover as everyone was yelling "he is out". I came out again and one of the guys lit me up again. I was so pissed I started yelling and cussing....it was just a bad situation.

The absolute worst was during a woodsball game. The guys we were playing didn't count head or arm shots as hits. You had to take a body shot to be eliminated. We were walking across the field towards their flag and they set up an ambush.They were all laying in a ditch with nothing but heads and arms exposed. They waited until we were right on top of them and they opened fire on us. Evidently they didn't know what a chrono was , or had turned up their markers on the field.....We all got shot probably 100 times each by these guys. Teammate next to be got his hopper and a pod broken by paintballs they were coming so fast.
What made it worse was that not a single person playing there aside from us had any idea what a barrel cover and hands up was all about. So as we are leaving the field every camper out there lit us up as we came up on them. We easily took 150-200 balls each between being eliminated and then getting off field. We packed up and left immediately. We were all so mad we were ready to burn their cars and house to the ground.

kungfuhampster11
11-01-2004, 02:57 PM
i dont care if i get bonus-balled as long as it wasnt on purpose, like if im walkin outa my bunker and a guy doesnt see my hand/gun and shoots me once or twice it alright, but if im at the end of the feild with my hand up in the air and i get my back lit up, im gonna get a little pissed

No sKiLLz
11-01-2004, 03:05 PM
i dont care if i get bonus-balled as long as it wasnt on purpose, like if im walkin outa my bunker and a guy doesnt see my hand/gun and shoots me once or twice it alright, but if im at the end of the feild with my hand up in the air and i get my back lit up, im gonna get a little pissed
See, that's no big deal, but we're talking about people that think a gun in the air is the universal sign for "light me up".

Bad_Knees
11-01-2004, 03:06 PM

Now that sucked! Now if it was you...then I would understand!! :hail: :p