PDA

View Full Version : New regulator for tank...

nameless143
10-31-2004, 07:45 AM
I want to buy an adjustable regulator for my tank so that I can get better efficiency and rapid fire. My question is, where do I have to send my tank and new regulator to be put together?

Titansu
10-31-2004, 09:28 AM
Depends on what reg you plan on getting and for how much. If you're getting a nice adjustable reg (Maxflow, Dynaflow, Flatline, Conquest,...) for less than $50 you can take it to an airsmith shop, have them pop the current reg off and install the new one. I can't think of a price for this service - hopefully under $50. So worst case, you're looking at $100 - what ever you can get for your current preset reg (if you care to sell)

I've seen 03 maxflows LP/HP and w/ both springs stacks on ebay for $150.

Call around a few airshops (hydro/scuba shops may do it too, since they have to pop the reg off to test the tank) and add that price to the amount you're spending on this adjustable reg... if that outweighs the price of an already assembled system then go for it.

One note on the hydro shops - they'll pop of the current reg, but some are reluctant to install the new one for insurance liability reasons.