PDA

View Full Version : What is the best barrel in your opinion

PAINTBALLA01
11-02-2001, 05:02 PM
what do you think is the best barrel i already have a sp progressive 12" and an armson stealth 13" so dont say either of those. And i want accuracy and distance i dont care about how loud it is. And it is going to be a 10" barrel b/c i am a front player

zvanut
11-02-2001, 05:36 PM
for the money, ceramics r really nice

PowerFedMag
11-02-2001, 05:39 PM
small, loud, cheap, medium bore.
Try running marbs, BIG BALL, and ProBall through it.

:cool:

P.S., sell your 2 barrels, and buy a Freak Kit. ;)

Bartleby
11-02-2001, 06:18 PM
none of the above.
i'd have to side with powerfedmag, get a freak, out do everything else.

DarkPhoenix
11-02-2001, 08:22 PM
I like the RT stock barrel on my E-mag. Not only does it cast the right image, it performs very good, for me at least.

Minimag4me
11-02-2001, 09:27 PM
I have a 10 inch Dye stainless. It is the most accurate barrel i have ever shot and it looks nice. Its heavy but i needed a heavy barrel to ballance out my gun. Its not too loud. Med bore. Also check out Custom Products they are great too.

I also have a 16 inch AA(med-large) which is ok and a Lapco Autospirit(small bore) which i havent shot yet and my stock minibarrel(large) which is awsome with huge paint.

ralicea
11-03-2001, 12:12 AM
Go with the Freak!

e21bgl
11-03-2001, 12:12 AM
I really like Palmer Pursuit Shop barrel. It matches with our local made paint and RP Marb. BTW , if I vote for the poll , All Americans is the best all round ;)

FeelTheRT
11-03-2001, 10:40 AM
no barrel is anymore accurate than any other barrel. What really makes the difference in accuracy is the paint to barrel size match. Go for a Freak, they come with 8 different bore inserts.

tooslow
11-03-2001, 10:56 AM
like FeelTheRT says, accuracy is all about paint-to-barrel fit. And only one barrel always fits all paint...

Now, the other way you could go is to buy three different barrels tat you like in different bore sizes, but you would be spending as much as a freak and the freak comes with 8 different sized inserts. It really is a great value in the long run.

Also, you can't really say "I shoot XXXX paint and it's always .689 diameter..." because even if you shoot the same case of paint, the balls can change in size throughout the day due to temperature, humidity, etc.

I will also add that of the barrels that you have listed, the J&J Ceramic is the best barrel for the money (IMO). It's cheap, very light and nicely honed.

OldSchoolMag
11-03-2001, 02:52 PM
Definatly the Freak. Also, if you happen to change 'guns in the future (which would NEVER happen...right?) you can just by a new back to the two-piece Freak, keep the inserts and you've got yourself a new barrel!

Although, I see more RT's with the stock RT barrel than anything else, but they all agreed that if forced to upgrade, they'd get a Freak above anything else.

Panzerr
11-03-2001, 03:50 PM
Any barrel that fits my paint.

Mega Man
11-03-2001, 04:54 PM
The one that makes your paint shoot the straitest and furthest, lol but seriously I like my SP tear drop.

Nobody
11-03-2001, 07:04 PM
funny, you left out the most popular barrel on the net, Lapco. to be honest, i have seen some really cheap barrels shoot the lights out, and i have seen some high priced "money" barrels that couldn't hit the water if you dropped it in the ocean.

if you find a barrel that you like and has more than enough accuracy for you and your paint, then good for you. me personally, i love my Lapcos.

alf
11-04-2001, 09:30 PM
get the freak, you wont regret it....i wont go over the reasons again...the guys are right

-alf

squack21
11-05-2001, 07:11 AM
don't get a 32 degrees Nightstick, barrel fits loose in the body, wobbles bad. Have a J&J, but am wanting to try something else.

SlipknotX556
03-16-2002, 07:06 PM
u dont have this one on their but its a really good barrel..... FREAK

MiCRoFooL
03-16-2002, 07:09 PM
100% Freak all the way. Worth every red cent.

boss_automager
03-16-2002, 07:42 PM
Why is it that everyone says freak.Look man I live in Alabama too and know how Bama players play. See I have a freak and a 10in.boomy.Since your a front player like me you need a nice small barrel with some accuracy right! Front players don't always shoot that much and don't really on"super accuracy" to get their eliminations but prefer some accuracy because they normally get their oppenets at close range so accuracy isn't that big of a deal.The Freak is perfect for back and mid players because they totally need perfect accuracy.So what's the point on buying a 200 dollar barrel when your a front player? Look at the pro front players what barrels do they use:Boomsticks.I rest my case.:D

MiCRoFooL
03-16-2002, 07:53 PM
What's the difference if you play front or back? You buy a $200 barrel and be done with it. If you go to a field and they are using crappy paint, you can match it to any of your inserts.

I think if you look at the pros, sure they have boomsticks, but they're only able to use one on the field. How do you know that they don't have a bag of like 5 of them with different bore sizes. So I think your little observation is kind of half baked.

MikeCouves
03-16-2002, 07:59 PM
Paint to barrel match...

My stock barrel is better than my Smart Parts AA and Custom Products 1 Piece! AGD makes super duper cool barrels!

xmetal2001
03-16-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by PAINTBALLA01
And i want accuracy and distance

You've a very active poster, i figured you would have picked up that barrels don't affect distance

paintsprayer
03-26-2002, 08:14 PM
what about flatline? huh? huh? whats up? thats right.

just kidding. i only play woods ball because thats whats available to me, and i don't have that much money, i'm not poor and i don't live in a trailer so shut up, i'm 16 and no time for a job, i only work sundays because i have to lift weights after school everyday for football. my 68 classic has no upgrades besides an expansion chamber and a 12" J&J ceramic. do you think that the freak is a good next move for me?

Bartleby
03-26-2002, 08:20 PM
wait, you have to life for football? where do you live?

Cardinal_Biggles
03-26-2002, 09:25 PM
Minimag4me has it right if you don't want to spend over $100.
My unported 10" dye ss is one of the most consistant barrels i've seen, as well as not getting dirt in it and being more gas efficient. An overall excellent barrel.

pip_999
04-04-2002, 04:51 PM
nt

MiCRoFooL
04-04-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by paintsprayer
...my 68 classic has no upgrades besides an expansion chamber and a 12" J&J ceramic. do you think that the freak is a good next move for me?

Either that or the RT valve if you are able to use and already using nitro...

bunkerking
04-05-2002, 07:11 AM
save up and get the freak, it blows every other barrel out of the water.

Major Ho
04-05-2002, 10:26 AM
What you should ask is which barrel is most bang for your buck... Dye boomie is a bit overpriced but still nice.
Freak just still bothers me for some reason, never realy liked it...
Big shot is real nice for its price...

Fred
04-05-2002, 11:38 AM
I don't see BOAs on that list anywhere...

CCI Barrels rule too!

PFAutomag33
04-05-2002, 01:50 PM
The best barrel for the money is the ceramic. Best barrel I have used.

GallagherAtWar
04-06-2002, 08:00 AM
BOA SnakeBite!!

FatMan
04-06-2002, 12:56 PM
The bit about front players not needing accuracy like back players is bogus! In fact, if anything they need MORE accuracy. A front player is typically going to be snap shooting 2 or 3 ball strings. You want all of those shots to be as accurate as possible. A back player will lay down long strings - he can adjust and cover inaccurate shots with volume.

A front player usually wants a shorter and lighter barrel for easier movement. He also wants good efficiency because he can't carry as much air. Back players will go for heavier, longer barrels for more stability in shooting long strings. Both want good paint to bore match - so they either have multiple barrels or something like the Freak.

You're right, most of the pros use the boomies. What you don't see is that most of them have three or four of them with different bores. THAT is expensive. The Freak is a cheaper alternative. However, if you REALLY want low cost, a Lapco Bigshot AND a Lapco Autospirit will give you a good start.

Me, I shoot a Freak - I think its the way to go.

FatMan

PowerFedMag
04-14-2002, 07:44 AM
yea that front stuff is bogus. I use the stock RT, and a 14in Boomy. Personally I love the boomy...it looks sweet, and the length is great.
When yer on sup'air you can use the barrel to manipulate the bunkers, so personally i think the length actually makes things easier...plus its easier to just look down the barrel and point and shoot, when yer bunkering...then again its all opinion, and you might like and perform better with a smaller barrel cuz thats you.
RT Stock is cool...the NO porting makes things easy.
Boomy...yea, whats up
peeeeeace
oh yea, and just cuz the pros use long barrels here, and boomys there doesnt really matter....cuz they're pro's and We're(I'm) not (yet!)

PAINTBALLA01
04-14-2002, 10:46 AM
AHH! if you add up the percents on the poll it equals 100.01 i think

MiCRoFooL
04-14-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by PAINTBALLA01
AHH! if you add up the percents on the poll it equals 100.01 i think

It's a matter of rounding... no big deal. If you figure out all the percentages out to like four decimals you'll probably come out to a number a little closer to 100.

Ex.
The computer uses many decimals to figure out fractional percentages.
1.12345 + 1.12345 = 2.2469 (It will show 2.25 in the results)

now round them to two decimals like when you add them from what you see displayed in the results grid...
1.12 + 1.12 = 2.24

Is it 2.24 or 2.25?

FutureMagOwner
04-14-2002, 12:20 PM
i like the freak why isnt that there!

veritas
04-14-2002, 12:31 PM
See...I don't own a freak setup and i think it's prolly the best way to go on cost effeciency in the long run...But, since i'm an idiot and love the way the Dye barrels look and shoot i have a 12 inch Dye ultralight which shoots everything great and a 14 inch SP Tear drop which is killer with proball...
...I pretty much get away with every kind of paint with these two barrels...

Veritas