PDA

View Full Version : 1965 Mustang - Should i buy one?

magmanl337
10-31-2004, 07:17 PM
Hey guys, i've wanted a '65 Mustang for the longest time, and wonder if anyone out there has one. If you do, how often does it break down (if ever) Do you guys suggest i get one? Personally, i love the look of them. I'll probably either get a candy apple red or a metallic dark blue or black. Heres a pic of one, what do you guys think?:

-Tab
10-31-2004, 07:21 PM
very nice. i love the older mustangs.

my neighbor just completely restored a mustang inside and out
(i think it was a bit newer than a '65)

he said after he was done, he loved it. it ran like a dream, and hasn't broken down that i know of.

but he also said if he would have know how much it was gonna cost to restore it, he wouldn't even had thought about. still loves it nonetheless

oh, and it's candy apple red

let's just say........ :wow:

BeaverEater
10-31-2004, 07:54 PM
Personally i dont like the coupe mustang at all. I would either get a fastback or a converible. My parents have a 68 sitting in the garage and that thing is sweet.

Flamebo
10-31-2004, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I think you should. I'm a GM guy myself, but I'd sure as hell rather see that on the road than 99% of the garbage they build nowadays. I'd go with a fastback.

fire1811
10-31-2004, 10:31 PM
i have always loved 60's mustangs

MonsterMag
10-31-2004, 10:35 PM
I also love older mustangs , I Like the look and sound of them
HOUSE POWER Yummy

I think i am gonna get a mustang when I get my drivers Licience :D

dj89
10-31-2004, 10:37 PM
I also love older mustangs , I Like the look and sound of them
HOUSE POWER Yummy

I think i am gonna get a mustang when I get my drivers Licience :D

then there would be one less rustang out there

my dad wants one lmk if you find a good one

MonsterMag
10-31-2004, 10:41 PM
then there would be one less rustang out there

my dad wants one lmk if you find a good one

Mr. I hate fords over here :rolleyes:

I gotta see how mutch cash i will have , got this year to think about it :cheers:

AcemanPB
10-31-2004, 11:53 PM
You could go for the new '05 Stang. They look a lot like the old fastbacks. You'd get all the new car technology with the kind-of-old-car-look.

http://www.caribooford.ca/library/images/org/6750/2005%20Mustang.jpg

dj89
10-31-2004, 11:55 PM
hahaha that sig is still being used? :rofl: :rofl: :bounce:

Flamebo
11-01-2004, 12:36 AM
HOUSE POWER Yummy

Eh?

Destructo6
11-01-2004, 02:01 AM
The 1965/1966 body style is about as classic as Mustang bodies get. There are tons of original and reproduction parts available from many sources and there is a lot of expertise out there if you have a problem.

Fastbacks are always more desireable, though some parts are more difficult to find (fold down trunk pass-through door, uncut). However, the 65/66 bodystyle fastback is easier than later years.

Personally, I prefer the 1967 Fastback, but I'm biased.

bornl33t
11-01-2004, 07:31 AM
the 65's are alot of fun, pretty light all things considering so the factory 289 is alot of fun! They don't have all the luxuries that cars nowadays have. Power windows, fuel injected etc. Which isn't that bad of an idea really. The carbed 289 are EASY to work on. Heck you can get a whole rebulitd 289 with chrome and all for the price it takes to repair a blown headgasket on a modern car. There's alot of aftermarket parts for them, I dare say the MOST aftermarket parts for any one vehicle. They don't depresiate anymore, the only thing that causes them to loose value are wrecks and ones that aren't properly taken care of. And lets not forget the throaty sounds those carbed v-8 make. I' was thinking about getting a beater and restoring it ground up over the next few years I want one with a little bit more then they can with from the factory. So it wouldn't be a factory restore but it would be wicked cool to have a 65 with power lock, keyless entry, mp3 stereo, a fiberglasses dash with center console. Basicly the interior of a 99 in hte body of a 65. But I can't do that with my current garage. Besides I could never find the time to do that anyway, maybe a retirement project!!

Destructo6
11-01-2004, 03:01 PM
So it wouldn't be a factory restore but it would be wicked cool to have a 65 with power lock, keyless entry, mp3 stereo, a fiberglasses dash with center console.
All of that stuff and more is readily available from various Mustang suppliers. Power windows, rack and pinion steering, and 347cid (415 horse) stroker crate motors, too.

Speed (or looks) is just a question of money. How fast do you want to go?

magmanl337
11-01-2004, 04:39 PM
All of that stuff and more is readily available from various Mustang suppliers. Power windows, rack and pinion steering, and 347cid (415 horse) stroker crate motors, too.

Speed (or looks) is just a question of money. How fast do you want to go?

I think i speak for everyone when i say i want to drive the speed limit....

When cops aren't around! lol

MaChu
11-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Im a personal fan of the '69 Mustang, I know it isn't as classic as the '64-'65, but it just looks alot cooler IMO.

Warewolf50
11-01-2004, 05:29 PM
THats a good looking car, some one in my neighboor hood has one like it but it is black, it is beautiful.

BlackVCG
11-01-2004, 06:52 PM
1965 Mustang - Should i buy one?

If you like working on cars all the time, then sure.

PyRo
11-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Yes, if any car deserves to be wrecked it's a mustang :)

magman007
11-02-2004, 02:20 AM
yea, but the new 05's look like crap without the 2nd set of headlights mounted in the grille, and i havnt seen any of em with them included

frontrunner
11-02-2004, 07:15 AM
great car fun to drive but not a driver if you are looking for a toy go for it but it will not be a driver no matter what you do to it. you have to realise the car is forty and everything on it is can and will break wheather you've just replaced it or not. the parts for these car are easy to find but most are reproduction and not as good as the orginals. my bro had one and he hated it cause it broke alot but i loved it cause i never drove it when i need it. if you 16 and looking for a first car stay way if you 30 or so and looking for a toy go play. hope this helps