PDA

View Full Version : auto noob

Fallout-
10-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Im a noob to auto mags, but not paintball. Right now I have a tippmann A-5 with a flatline and a stock. I love it but is way to heavy. I want a smaller mech gun because I usaly play front mid and in the woods always try to run right past the enemy on a flank :shooting: IMO thers nothing better than shooting a bunch of peoplein the back that never saw you and then hearing hey arent you on my team?! :rofl:
I have a few questions.

What mags run on c02? I have no choice but to use co2
Are they old and dated?
Whare can I buy them?
How heavy are they and how do they ballance?
Also do they come with or work with the x valve or lvl10?

Does the band tool make you think about auto mags? It does for me :headbang:
thanks for the help.

Duzzy
10-31-2004, 07:35 PM
You would have to run classic valve because the x-valve will not work on anything but CA. Get a ULE classic and it won't be that heavy, however, classic valves would be considered old and dated, although still very reliable and durable but don't expect to to out shoot much. Check E-bay or classifieds, the people who still sell them new usually sell them for about $300 so get a used one, make sure the valve/regulator numbers match. See about getting a Hyperframe, that might do it for you. Lvl 10 will work on a classic to the best of my knowledge.

player4
10-31-2004, 07:37 PM
1.The 68 clasics can use co2
2. no not out dated
3.here on AO any trade forums, or airgun.com
4. balance seems to be right at the back of the trigger
5. x-vavle cannot use co2 and you can buy lv10

Just use a classic valve and you will be fine, do not forget to buy lv 10 though.

Adrenaline_Junkie
10-31-2004, 07:37 PM
Welcome to AO!

Classic mags run on c02
Classics are kinda old and dated but still work great
You can get any mag related item here
Depends on your setup
xvalves come with a level 10, depends on the setup

Fallout-
10-31-2004, 07:39 PM
Thanks for all your help. ^^ Love your sig.
how about mini mags? or are they even older?

Fallout-
10-31-2004, 07:47 PM
actualy I could use hpa how many shots will I get form a ule with a 47/3k tank?

BeaverEater
10-31-2004, 07:49 PM
Not a lot, im guessing maybe 400-500.

player4
10-31-2004, 07:50 PM
Not a lot, im guessing maybe 400-500.

yea that and about 200 without paint...........but then again........a mag will always work.

There's all day air for a reason

Rift
10-31-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks for all your help. ^^ Love your sig.
how about mini mags? or are they even older?

Its the same thing as the classic mag exept is has an extended body. Basically when it comes to Automags its the valve that makes up the gun, exept for the electronic line of markers. With the valves you have 4 types of valves, Classic valve, Retro Valve, RT Pro valve, Emag Valve, and the new X-valve. Tthe RT, RT-Pro, Emag, and X-valves are essencially all the same valve a Reactive Valve, with a couple of little differences between the 4. The newest and lightest (all Aluminum) valve is the current X-valve. These 4 valves also require HPA.

with the tank you will probably get about 500 shots of it i cant imagin you will get many more

Adrenaline_Junkie
10-31-2004, 07:59 PM
Yeah, mags dont get the best efficiency but once you get em tuned right they will never let you down....ever! Thanks for the sig aknowledgment, i found it funny so i made it my sig. :headbang:

player4
10-31-2004, 09:29 PM
Yeah, mags dont get the best efficiency but once you get em tuned right they will never let you down....ever! Thanks for the sig aknowledgment, i found it funny so i made it my sig. :headbang:

and sometimes when they are not tuned.........they will never let you down...........ever........just like my frineds mini mag.......he's never touches the valve unless he's applying oil

spasticsquirrel
10-31-2004, 10:36 PM
Im a noob to auto mags, but not paintball. Right now I have a tippmann A-5 with a flatline and a stock. I love it but is way to heavy. I want a smaller mech gun because I usaly play front mid and in the woods always try to run right past the enemy on a flank :shooting: IMO thers nothing better than shooting a bunch of peoplein the back that never saw you and then hearing hey arent you on my team?! :rofl:
I have a few questions.

What mags run on c02? I have no choice but to use co2
Are they old and dated?
Whare can I buy them?
How heavy are they and how do they ballance?
Also do they come with or work with the x valve or lvl10?

Does the band tool make you think about auto mags? It does for me :headbang:
thanks for the help.
i was in your steps once. i say buy a mag, but also dont be disapointed and start loosing it because you have a mag and become a social reject among your friends (happened to me)

Fallout-
11-01-2004, 02:44 PM
can some tell point me to a site or thread whare I can learn mag basics and like who to maintain and upgrade them?

mobius
11-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Well, as far as maintenance, it's a matter of adding oil to the ASA every once in a while. And if you play alot, change the orings once a year or so. They are incredibly simple. If you poke around in the tech forum, there are many threads on maintenance, troubleshooting, etc...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mags.

Fallout-
11-01-2004, 02:56 PM
wow im starting to love these guns. Thats easier than my tippmanns. If I have to how hard is it to take the whole thing apart and put it back togeter? Thanks for all the help.

frop
11-02-2004, 09:12 PM
You can strip a mag in under ten minutes, even if you have no prior experience. Go to the tech forum & look at the X valve sticky for great info on rebuilding(somewhere in there BlackVCG gives a step-by-step) & the info still applies to a classic valve. You won't be disappointed with a mag & when you can get HPA, the Xvalve will be waiting for you :cool: :ninja: