PDA

View Full Version : Mag Messing Up

dagt22
11-01-2004, 01:04 AM
Got a new Micromag rt w/lvl 10 bolt/ I used it yesterday for the first time and it was perfect. When I went to use it today it was first shooting two balls at once, then it started to leak after every shot. I am getting a liitle frustrated that my backup gun (a Spyder) may be more reliable.

White_Noise
11-01-2004, 02:07 AM
your ball detent would cause the double shooting, to get rid of the leak, put a few drops of oil down the power tube, and in the asa, shoot without the barrel on for about 20 shots, this should get it to stop leaking. if that dont work, go to www.airgun.com and find the lvl10 instructions. go through that and tune the lvl10

dagt22
11-01-2004, 12:22 PM
This is my first mag. So I have no idea where the power tube is or where in the asa to put oil. The mag is sooo beautiful and i hope this isn't a normal occurance.

Duzzy
11-01-2004, 12:32 PM
The ASA is where you screw in your tank, I believe it stands for Air Source Adapter, I am not sure if you meant where is it or where to put the oil. So to cover the second possibility if you put it in the ASA, screw in the tank and shoot the marker then that should oil it nicely. Keep your barrel off and I would even do 40 with not barrel to make sure. If you pull the bolt off of the valve then protrusion is the power tube. The bolt slides on and off of it.

dagt22
11-01-2004, 12:57 PM
I don't have a screw in tank. Mine is set up with a micro line from hpa to reg. I already put oil in the steel brade that goes from the reg to the valve. I guess i will try to oil the power tube when i get home from work.

P.s. How much oil should I put?

alooney11
11-01-2004, 10:13 PM
First thing is first, you have to familiarize yourself with the mag, it is much less complicated than a spyder. Do not be afraid it is very hard to mess up a mag. Once you understand how to take the valve out you then have to tune the level ten do some searches in the forum. if you need help alooney11 is my aim name.

Duzzy
11-02-2004, 09:34 AM
I don't have a screw in tank.

P.s. How much oil should I put?

Well that makes things difficult, but putting oil in the steel braided should work, don't use too much oil, a couple of drops should work. If you over oil it then you will be shooting oil out forever and when it gets inside your barrel it won't be that fun.

dagt22
11-02-2004, 02:33 PM
I put oil down the power tube and into the valve. Then I switched to the red spring on the lvl ten. Tested it yesterday and I'm back in business. Thanks everyone for your help.