PDA

View Full Version : Applied to GA Tech

AcemanPB
11-01-2004, 01:37 AM
Well I sent my application into GA tech, anyone else planning on going there or has graduated from tech? Anyone know of any good engineering schools other than GA tech? I've looked around and GA tech seems like the one. Plus its in-state for me so that means I get HOPE (pays all of tuition) and its only an hour and a half away from my house.

Some of my buddies said tech was a lame party school, but I figured it's in downtown Atlanta so I should have no problem finding stuff to do.

Kevmaster
11-01-2004, 02:19 AM
NC State....word engineering school

Duke....even hotter engineering school...its where I'm at yo!

cphilip
11-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Techs a good school and your friend it wrong... the party school in Georgia is..... Georgia... not GT Since your instate and have the lottery money thats a great choice. Go there....

Clemson has an excellent engineering program too...

deadeye9
11-01-2004, 09:57 AM
Ga Tech is a great engineering school. Keep the partying to a minimum, this is too big an opportunity to waste, study, study, study. It's all about grades. Don't forget to visit The Varsity.

Kevmaster
11-01-2004, 11:11 AM
Don't forget to visit The Varsity.

what he forgot to mention is that you need to visit it every day....yep...thats about right

Chris at Tech
11-01-2004, 03:23 PM
What do you want to know?

I'm an industrial & systems engineering 2001 graduate from GT...

As far as campus social life, it's there if you want it. I was in a fraternity, and I recommend it for many reasons. The losers who complain about the social life are the ones that sit in on weekends playing Quake over the network. If you do stuff and meet people on campus, your social life will be great. And you're spot on with location. If you can't find a party scene in ATL, you shouldn't be allowed to leave the house.

GT is the best engineering school in the southeast, barnone, and one of the best in the country. If you keep Hope, you're getting the deal of a lifetime!

As tough as it is, there's no reason you can't have fun. Just get into a disciplined schedule where you handle your schoolwork, and you'll be left plenty of fun time.

As far as the Varsity goes, stock up on the 2 ply before you start school :)

AcemanPB
11-01-2004, 03:36 PM
I think I have a pretty good shot of getting into tech... 1480 on the SAT and I'm sixth in my class of 473 seniors. Oh and I've had my fair share of the Varsity both in Atlanta and Athens.... the 2-ply is a must :eek:

Everyone I talked to about tech either really hated it or loved it

Chris at Tech
11-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Like I mentioned...

If you're gonna study 24/7, avoid social situations, not go to football games and generally be too immersed in studying, of course you'll hate it.

That's why I recommend going Greek. Ga Tech can be a rather tough place, so it's nice to always have some folks around involved in shananigans to help you blow off steam :) Of course that's not to say you can't do all that by being unaffiliated...