PDA

View Full Version : Possible for a reg piston to go bad?

MindJob
11-01-2004, 05:44 AM
In the middle of a day of play, air started to slowly vent out of the back of my brothers RT. After stripping the gun and finding nothing wrong, the only thing I can think of is that the reg piston went bad and that the blowoff valve is leaking. Anyone have any advice?

BTW, it would get worste if I raised the velocity.

deadeye9
11-01-2004, 09:49 AM
They sure can go bad. My symptom was a blast of air out the velocity hole when the gun was fired. Replaced the reg piston o-ring first -- no help, replaced entire piston -- problem disappeared. Different symptom from yours.

Dayspring
11-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Yes it can. Mine died in mid game and shot air out the back of the gun. HARD.

MindJob
11-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Yes it can. Mine died in mid game and shot air out the back of the gun. HARD.

Is there any special 'high-pressure' pistons available from AGD? I have had similar issues with this and getting a good velocity since I put the LVX in about a year ago. I had already replaced the piston once, and its been fine ever since. (scratching head)

Dayspring
11-01-2004, 11:03 AM
The new reg pistons are set for a higher pressure. It is possible that you got a older/lower one. (They were reworked when the Level 10 came out.)

They will wear out, however. I've replaced mine twice in the 1.5 years I've had my Xmag. Whenever I see Jon, I usually grab a few just in case.

MindJob
11-01-2004, 11:18 AM
They will wear out, however. I've replaced mine twice in the 1.5 years I've had my Xmag. Whenever I see Jon, I usually grab a few just in case.

Does he trade them to you for "Manlove"???

:rofl:

Dayspring
11-01-2004, 11:26 AM
:nono: