PDA

View Full Version : moderate alcohol consumption may be good for you

Jeffy-CanCon
11-01-2004, 04:23 PM
:cheers:
Moderate alcohol consumption may lead to reduced risk of heart disease (http://www.statcan.ca/Daily/English/021003/d021003a.htm).

Alcohol could make you smarter. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/08/01/nalco01.xml&sSheet=/portal/2004/08/01/ixportal.html)

...but it might not help at all. (http://alcoholism.about.com/library/blhealth01.htm)

Make your own decisions.

Note that no study shows that heavy drinking is healthy. And whatever you do, don't drive drunk. :nono:

Brak
11-01-2004, 04:32 PM
"Frequent drinking may be more beneficial than drinking only on special occasions."

SCpoloRicker
11-01-2004, 05:09 PM
"Frequent drinking may be more beneficial than drinking only on special occasions."

Check. Now where'd I put mah keys... I've got doggies to squish.

Warewolf50
11-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Check. Now where'd I put mah keys... I've got doggies to squish.

see when u start drining the key is to hide your kees and cell phone where u wont be able to find them later.

SCpoloRicker
11-01-2004, 05:29 PM
see when u start drining the key is to hide your kees and cell phone where u wont be able to find them later.

Are you drunk right now?

Warewolf50
11-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Are you drunk right now?

No, its just typos becasue I pretty much never proof read posts before i post them.

Lethargic
11-01-2004, 07:30 PM
No guys, drinking is bad. All drinkers are mean, and idiots. They are ALL alcoholics and should not be alive. :rolleyes:

Oh, my bad.... wrong thread ;)

B.A.M.
11-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Well in my town we have the #1 rate of drinkers bout 80% :wow: way above the national average i think im going to get a keg to celebrate ;)

Mango
11-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Welcome to 3 years ago. :)

Yes we've studied this extensively in my many nutrition classes. In *moderation* it is shown to be beneficial but that is mainly due to the antioxidants in the red grapes in wine. Just eat grapes and get the fiber along with other minerals. Then again, thats not as fun.

gimp
11-01-2004, 09:41 PM
We had a great drinking idea today! You know how you do like, walkathons. You get people to pledge like a dollar for every mile you walk. We're gonna do it with beer! Our alumni will pledge a certain amount of money for every beer we can drink. We're gonna be rich and drunk!!

Jeffy-CanCon
11-02-2004, 11:09 AM
We had a great drinking idea today! You know how you do like, walkathons. You get people to pledge like a dollar for every mile you walk. We're gonna do it with beer! Our alumni will pledge a certain amount of money for every beer we can drink. We're gonna be rich and drunk!!

You were drunk when you thought that up, right? That's a dangerously stupid idea.

gimp
11-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Well, yeah. It's still a good idea. We aren't dumb enough to drink ourselves to death. It'll be just like any other weekend but we'll get some cash.

TransMan
11-02-2004, 04:01 PM
No guys, drinking is bad. All drinkers are mean, and idiots. They are ALL alcoholics and should not be alive. :rolleyes:

Oh, my bad.... wrong thread ;)
Lol ya that one got deleted when I told the kid he couldnt make me stop posting in it I guess he got tired of being wrong so much. :D