PDA

View Full Version : hi need some help please..

Devilpup
11-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Hey guys...im a bit new here, but not to the great sport. Ive come from some other forums which just turned me away since i got no help from them at all.

well im selling my er finally and am leaning towards a mag, although i dont know which one to get, a "RT Ule Custom", or a Tac-One.

Right now im leaning towards a tacone because this summer im gonna start more woodsball games, right now i play sb.

well, tmaxxkling told me about here and how i will almost always be greated with helpful answers to questions, not shuned away about how im a moron.

i hope he was right guys.

So i guess im trying to ask if anyone could help me out with a few minutes of your time and explain the pros and cons of each gun if possible,

any response is welcomed thanks guys! i look forward to making this my new home, :clap: :dance: :headbang:

Magz_rule
11-01-2004, 04:35 PM
AO is a great place, im sure you will love it. If i was you, id probably just get the RT pro from agd. But if you like the look of the Tac one body go for it. You can also mount things on the tac body. Both will perform the same as they are the same valve and everything. Get whatever looks better to you. Good luck and enjoy your stay on AO :)

Devilpup
11-01-2004, 04:36 PM
thanks alot i am already liking it! :)

so they both way the same? because i like the look of the tac one better and by anychance u know where i can purchase the things to mount on them at?

Magz_rule
11-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Yes they will perform the same. As for mounting things on there, i believe its a standard dovetail mount so you can put scopes/lasers on there if thats your kind of thing. Good luck! :dance:

Devilpup
11-01-2004, 05:15 PM
thanks i meant to say "weigh" but spelled "way" do u know if they both weigh the same amount?

kevdupuis
11-01-2004, 05:24 PM
The weight difference between the Tac-One and the ULE Pro is very minor with the Tac-One being the heavier. Other wise they both operate the same, take Cocker threaded barrels, have Angel threaded feed necks and take Angel detents.
It's really a matter of which you like the looks of more.

rb211
11-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Welcome to AO Devilpup! As stated before, it really depends on what you are wanting your mag to look like or what you want to do with it. I play a lot of woods ball and speedball. I have what used to be a mag classic (now with ULE body, intelliframe, X-Valve and everything else) and it works for me perfectly, but that is strictly personal perference. If you feel you want to use optics, flashlight, or a laser on your gun, the tac one would be your choice. If you dont want any of that or the extra added weght those acc. are going to give you, go with the ULE Custom. Mechanically, they are the same gun, they will both have X-Valves and lvl 10 bolts.
Really what I would do is try to find someone with both types and see if they will let you try them out. That's how I decided on a lot of the mods I did to my gun.

Just my opinion though........ :shooting:

Devilpup
11-03-2004, 09:57 AM
see the problem is that i live overseas for the moment (yay only 7 1/2 months) and NO ONE has a mag over here.

thanks alot guys!

frop
11-03-2004, 10:32 AM
I thought the tac had Weaver rails, not standard dovetails.

darrickws
11-03-2004, 12:27 PM
They are easy to work on, and the people here are always ready to help! As everyone else stated, the main differences are looks and options. If you want flash...go with a fancy ULE. If you want the scenario look...then the Tac-one. Personally, if it were me, I would buy a used, but not abused Emag here on AO. You can pick one up here for around $450 to $600 abd it is a gun you wont ever need to upgrade. Why pay $450 plus for new ULE, when you can get the $900 E-mag for around the same price, lightly used? Just a thought....depends on what kind of firepower you want, and what those around you have.

Good luck! :cheers:

mag88888
11-03-2004, 03:25 PM
the ule only takes cocker threaded barrels if you get the ule mainbody for 10 more bucks. ule mb weighs only 3.9 oz, normal mb weighs 15, worth 10 bucks.personally i have the ule and i love it. also the tac-one will come standard with the intelliframe, the ule does not. but that kind of thing is preferance. the tac-one wont give you better performance than the stock ule, they are same. tac-1 just looks diffrent and can accept lasers and stuff. i thnk ule is more worth it, i think, but thats just me. cause i dont want or need lasers and flashlights. i got my ule for 370 with ule mainbody and ule trigger installed. oh keep in mind that the stock ule does not come with a barrel if you dont pay extra.

Devilpup
11-03-2004, 04:50 PM
thanks for all the replies guys! if anyone happens to be selling a cheap emag or happens to come across one on this site id more than apprechiate it if u could gimme the link here thanks :dance: :headbang:

jrod
11-03-2004, 10:47 PM
I bought a Tac One because it seemed to be a better deal (i.e. cheaper) than the RT ULE Custom. Yes, it is a little heavier, but I liked the look. I also chose the Tac One because it is a mechanical marker. I didn't want any electronics (except for the hopper).

darrickws
11-03-2004, 11:35 PM
that is the beauty of the emag. If battery or electronics go down...still works in mechanical mode. No other electro does it! I see an Emag on ebay for $375 starting...shouldnt go over $450. (NO, it is not mine :rofl: )...gl

TMAXXKING1
11-04-2004, 04:05 AM
glad you got on ao.. told you members of ao are alot .. nicer .. and will help instead of send you some where else .. ao is the way to go ...

and like i told you alot of the members are layed back .. unlike most site's that would rather see you fail on what you need to know ... hopeing you will give up gain your gear..

people on ao are the best ...... 9 out of 10 people will help you out ... and like i said before get a mag any mag .. there are so many dealers on ao with more up's for looks and performance .... also .. the search is your budyy on here too..

the mod's on hear are great .. they take alot of time to make ao the best site on the web..

Devilpup
11-04-2004, 02:58 PM
yeah u were right there tmaxx thanks again everyone :bounce: :hail: :dance: :rofl: :cheers: :headbang: :shooting: (love the icons on here) :D