PDA

View Full Version : best first upgrade for stock classic mag?

brutus106
11-01-2004, 07:56 PM
^, i dont need a new barrel f.y.i.

im looking into either; lvl10 bolt, nitro, or new body. looking to spend no more than $100

DiSoRdeR
11-01-2004, 08:13 PM
You have you ask yourself what you think is the best upgrade. Every oen has differnt opinions on what they think is better. Do you never want to break paint again? Do you want your mag to be more consistant? Or do you want a new body?

darrickws
11-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Level 10 is the best upgrade, then nitro, and last the body. With any mag, they like to chop paint. A broken ball more or less can take you out of a game due to lack of accuracy. With my level 10, I dont even take a squeegee on the field anymore. I have only broken 1 ball in over 6000 shots and that was with paint so old only my mag with the level 10 could shoot it at all.

Nitro is very nice, especially in cold weather. Unless iin a tournament,where you get penalized for a hot gun, Co2 will work fine, just not as well. With a classic valve, you will never outshoot the body you have. A new body would only be for looks.

Good luck!

DR@GON
11-02-2004, 03:29 PM
Thats funny i have never chopped paint with the Lvl7 bolt ever! and yet i sucummed to getting a LvlX. I mean its just a classic PF left Mech but i have shot and shot and shot and have never chopped paint and thats with a remote line and CO2 mind you, The guys i know who use tippmanns and shockers and spiders and the like chop more paint 100% more than i... So the old myth that Mags love to chop paint is just that a Myth i would blame most of it on operator error(Short Stroking)and the like..... :headbang: :shooting:

White_Noise
11-02-2004, 04:38 PM
most of the chopping with teh lvl7 actually comes from the ability of the marker to fire at high rof. maybe you jsut werent shooting fast enough with it DR@GON.

darrickws
11-02-2004, 05:00 PM
so there! I was putting out 22 bps with mine!!! That is why I broke them! :tard:

No, but I did notice my wife and daughter broke a lot less because they didnt rapid fire.

Tunaman
11-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Thats funny i have never chopped paint with the Lvl7 bolt ever! and yet i sucummed to getting a LvlX. I mean its just a classic PF left Mech but i have shot and shot and shot and have never chopped paint and thats with a remote line and CO2 mind you, The guys i know who use tippmanns and shockers and spiders and the like chop more paint 100% more than i... So the old myth that Mags love to chop paint is just that a Myth i would blame most of it on operator error(Short Stroking)and the like..... :headbang: :shooting:
Like Tom says..."we haven't broken a ball in years but no one believes us". Get the level 10 first.. ;) :D

personman
11-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Level 10, and then either an intelliframe or a nitrogen tank.

Tunaman
11-03-2004, 06:04 AM
Like Tom says..."we haven't broken a ball in years but no one believes us". Get the level 10 first.. ;) :D

DR@GON
11-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Ok, That may be true that i havent been firing fast enough but really how fast is fast enough? I mean we dont play speed ball=nothing against it=i havent needed to shoot that fast(22bps) We play woods and scenario games,i have 2 guys on our team that use High Rates of Fire and they are the Heavy Gunners they cover and we run anyway thats off the subject...

Magaman
11-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Ok, That may be true that i havent been firing fast enough but really how fast is fast enough? I mean we dont play speed ball=nothing against it=i havent needed to shoot that fast(22bps) We play woods and scenario games,i have 2 guys on our team that use High Rates of Fire and they are the Heavy Gunners they cover and we run anyway thats off the subject...

Speedball and Me don't mix well...

Not that I can't shoot fast or anything like that, the being put in a cage and then told go at it, heres a gagillion cases of paint, your wallet will remain with us until you are broke, I mean done... :p It's mostly just a ploy by all of the Paint manufacturers to sell a crapload of paint... I mean, what else are you going to do in a game Called Speed Ball that is played inside a small box... :p :shooting:

Nothing agianst it, just my oppinnion... I'll stick with Scenario and woods ball... :bounce:

Edit: Oh ya, you should get the Lvl 10 first then get a Nitro tank followed by the ULE Trigger kit...