PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate hypocrasy ?

punkncat
11-01-2004, 10:08 PM
At school right now , they are currently brainwashing my kids with the typical anti-drug propaganda.

At the same time , we watch TV and every second commercial is about seeing your doctor to get on the miracle pill they are pushing to "fix" you....

:confused: :confused: :confused:

i_baked_cookies
11-01-2004, 10:25 PM
its not hypocrasy... its just the systematic inner-workings of the "right" working against the capatialistic society that is portrayed though the tv, and ultimatly imprinted on the brains of the ignorant; who happen to have lots of cash. its the way america works.

Lethargic
11-02-2004, 01:11 AM
or maybe, just maybe, the drugs being sold on TV are possibly better for you than weed, hash, crack, pcp, or whatever else. Coming from someone who will freely admit that he drinks and has smoked marajuana on a social basis, I can tell you that some heart medication or the newest anti-floppy-weiner pill is probably better for you in the long run.

Either that or the big bad republicans and the mean old drug companies and all authority figures are just trying to lie to you and keep the mad down... That could be it too. THEY ARE ALL WRONG, and you and your friends who want a justfication to toke up are perfectly correct. :tard:

At least I don't have to try and justify my habits...

RoadDawg
11-02-2004, 01:15 AM
My favorite two commercials that I have seen run back to back a few times are the herpes pill and then trojan condoms. Should play vice versa so you don't get Herpes in the first place.

Of course why do they always play tampon commercials during dinner? Especially when your eating a piece of bloody steak or prime rib. :mad:

Kevn 419
11-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Advil is actually worse for your body then smoking Cannabis...

Cannabis is not as bad for you as everybody makes it out to be... it actaully is one of the most useful plants known to mankind. It is food, medicine, creates clothing material, and produces fun for the user.

Steelrat
11-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Advil is actually worse for your body then smoking Cannabis...

Cannabis is not as bad for you as everybody makes it out to be... it actaully is one of the most useful plants known to mankind. It is food, medicine, creates clothing material, and produces fun for the user.

More pro-drug propaganda. Lemme see, who do I believe? Medical doctors, or teenage stoners? Mmmmm, I think I might have to go with the doctors.

Automaggot68
11-03-2004, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Steelrat]More pro-drug propaganda. Lemme see, who do I believe? Medical doctors, or teenage stoners? Mmmmm, I think I might have to go with the doctors.[/QUOTE

OUCH!

Steelrat -1, Teenage Stoners-0

HoppysMag
11-03-2004, 12:38 PM
medicinal drugs actualy acomplish something. hell if pot could clear up my ear infection then im all for it. but till then il have to stick with amoxicillin

Enos Shenk
11-03-2004, 01:20 PM
I dont take a pro-drug stance, but i dont believe pot is nearly as bad as all the anti-drug people make it out to be. Granted, they seem to have gotten rid of alot of the "smoking pot will make you insane, and youll get your girlfriend pregnant and murder someone and not remember it" propganda.

This is such a drugged up nation anymore, legal or otherwise. ADD pills, etc etc. Hell some antidepressants are more addictive than heroin.

Its just capitalism. The drug companies are making so much money, your crazy if you dont think they exaggerate and excaberate problems to sell their pills.

Hasty8
11-03-2004, 01:56 PM
I dont take a pro-drug stance, but i dont believe pot is nearly as bad as all the anti-drug people make it out to be. Granted, they seem to have gotten rid of alot of the "smoking pot will make you insane, and youll get your girlfriend pregnant and murder someone and not remember it" propganda.

This is such a drugged up nation anymore, legal or otherwise. ADD pills, etc etc. Hell some antidepressants are more addictive than heroin.

Its just capitalism. The drug companies are making so much money, your crazy if you dont think they exaggerate and excaberate problems to sell their pills.

Pot was and still is a "gateway" drug. The vast majority of hard-core drug users that I know today started out with me and some weed years ago. That's why all those adds were so scary. The thought was keep them off pot and they won't graduate. However, they realized that message was not coming across and they changed.

Yes, some antidepressants are more addictive then heroin. That's why you need a perscription to get them. Ture, I think there is too much of a dependency on medication today but I don't think it has anything to do with capitalism.

Everyone loves to lay their troubles at the capitalists feet when in reality it is our own actions that feed capitalism. I think it falls to our collective fear of death and our rather sickening pursuit of perfection that induces us, with an almost Pavlovian reaction, to seek purification through medication. If there is a problem we'll create a pill to cure it. Of course, the side-effects are usually worse then the original symptoms.

And should someone create a cure for a condition that does not exist, you can be sure that soon we will begin hearing stories of a new, mystery ailment. Yes, capitalism is part of the problem but not the root cause. It's a continuing vicious cycle, much like the whole "chicken or the egg" argument.

Personally, I think all drugs should be legalized and that medical doctors should be allowed to prescribe them. This way, at least some from of control would be over them. This way, you could get a metered amount of crack so that you will not die on your first hit.

Also, the legalization of drugs would most liekly result in a significant drop in crime. As most everyone knows, the vast majority of drug related crime is conducted by those who need the money for another hit.

And with legalization, perhaps one of these huge pharmas could find a way to remove the addition causing elements of the drugs.

Just my thoughts, anyway.

cphilip
11-03-2004, 01:58 PM
We have had enough of these pro and anti pot threads. No need for another. Sorry you missed the authors point of his thread and took it there because your forcing me to close it.