PDA

View Full Version : X-mag wont fire in Mech mode

bushyman
11-01-2004, 10:23 PM
I did a search trying to find a thread discussing this problem and no luck...

At any rate I just installed a Fireblade trigger and it works just fine in electro and hybrid modes but it wont fire in mech. I have been playing around with the trigger adjustments so I may have inadvertently made it so it wont fire at all in mech. I've got 3.2 software and a 68/3000 Flatline. Any help you guys can give is greatly appreciated.

t33kyboy
11-01-2004, 10:33 PM
Did it fire in mech before the fireblade?

bushyman
11-01-2004, 10:34 PM
yes it did

t33kyboy
11-01-2004, 10:37 PM
Can you pull the trigger all the way back?

my cat is very cute

bushyman
11-01-2004, 10:40 PM
The trigger travels all the way back in mech and hybrid modes. My output pressure is set to 800psi or so...plenty to make it function.

quik
11-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Alright, so the gun is firing in E and Hybrid, but not manual?

Is the rigger rod adjusted correctly since you've installed the fireblade? If Im not mistaken, it should be about 1mm or so from the trigger.. Even if its adjusted wrong, the Hybrid would probably still shoot.

Also, is it really hard to pull back in Manual, or going back at all, like T33k said?

bushyman
11-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Correct.

I havent adjusted the trigger rod at all so its in the same position as it was with the stock trigger. The trigger moves very smoothly and is not hard to pull back at all.

quik
11-01-2004, 10:57 PM
When you pull back, do you have any resistance? Does the trigger rod push back at all?

bushyman
11-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Yes. The trigger makes contact with the end of the rod pushing it back and the rod returns to its original position.

quik
11-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Wow, thats very wierd. Hmm..

Only thing I can think of is that something is wrong w/ the on/off, but then I think the E wouldnt work if the on/off had problems with it.

Try going into AO chat and talking to one of the mods if they are there, they could probably help you more than T33k or I can.

bushyman
11-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Ive also adjusted the trigger pull length to shorter than it was. Could that affect the mech operation? Ine got the pull adjusted to less than 1mm.

quik
11-01-2004, 11:15 PM
wait, you didnt mess with the trigger rod did you? or did you just adjust the trigger closer than 1mm to the trigger rod?

if its the latter, try backing the trigger out just a little.

bushyman
11-01-2004, 11:36 PM
I didnt mess with the trigger rod at all. I adjusted the pull length by the screw in the top of the selector switch. The pull is 1mm in electro mode. As for mech mode the pull is much longer.

GordDesigns
11-02-2004, 02:26 AM
Hey I just remembered that the new batch of triggers have a dimple drilled in the back for the trigger rod to sit in.
Does your have this? And if so you may need to lengthen the trigger rod to get mech mode to work.
Have you tried a small spacer (like a buisness card) between the rod and the trigger? Just to see if you need more rod travel?

Hope these ideas help trouble shoot the problem.

MindJob
11-02-2004, 07:22 AM
Play with the trigger rod length. The Fireblade is different than the stock trigger. I had the same problem with mine. I forget if I had to make it longer or shorter....

athomas
11-02-2004, 09:04 AM
You need to adjust the trigger rod length. When the trigger is pulled, the sear should be pushed back far enough to release the bolt. If the trigger does not push the rod and sear back far enough, then the trigger rod needs to be lengthened.