PDA

View Full Version : Go Vote!!!

1stdeadeye
11-02-2004, 06:08 AM
Don't care who your candidate is, just go and vote (if you legally can)!!!!! :clap: :headbang:

FreakBaller12
11-02-2004, 06:58 AM
what if I can't legally?

Go ninja style :ninja: and vote anyways?

fire1811
11-02-2004, 07:29 AM
I agree, dont care who you vote for just get out and do it.
go bush :)

PissedGodzilla
11-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Voting is one of the few ways we get to choose what direction we would like to see our country go in. Don't give up that right. Go vote people!

lord1234
11-02-2004, 09:24 AM
if you don't vote you can't *****

magking1971
11-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Just got back from voting, man that place was busy! :wow:

HoppysMag
11-02-2004, 11:39 AM
the real reason you should go vote???

SO P DIDDY WONT KILL YOU!~

Thordic
11-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Vote early, and vote often. :)

Will Wood
11-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Voted around 10:30. Voted for myself.
Don't like either party.

Eatem Alive
11-02-2004, 12:20 PM
i'm not a member of the electoral college so it would be a waste of time.

Python14
11-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Well, according to recent polls, CNU will be primarily voting for Bush!

I voted almost 2 weeks ago with an absentee ballot cuz I'm 5 hours from home.

Jack_Dubious
11-02-2004, 12:46 PM
http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/news/images/c/Choose%20or%20Lose/sq_votingold_urban_outift_.jpg
:p

JDub

JimmyBeam
11-02-2004, 01:39 PM
i just got back. i lost my voting virginity!!! ow, it hurt

BobTheCow
11-02-2004, 01:51 PM
i'm not a member of the electoral college so it would be a waste of time.I sincerely hope that was a butchered attempt at some form of a joke. If not, that could be a contender for the "most ignorant statement of the year" award. :mad:

Turned 18 two weeks ago, just got back from voting a couple hours ago. Life is good. :)

Fred
11-02-2004, 01:57 PM
I voted absentee, mailed it in last week... since I'm not a Florida resident... yet...

GO VOTE!

---Fred

AcemanPB
11-02-2004, 02:07 PM
http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/news/images/c/Choose%20or%20Lose/sq_votingold_urban_outift_.jpg
:p

JDub

If only I had that shirt today....

If I were a few months older I could have vote... kind of sucks considering I could make a better and well informed vote than the majority of my classmates that voted today.

TransMan
11-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Ya I would be voting but when I went to register they told me I was a day late to register for this years election guess its four more years for me.

cphilip
11-02-2004, 04:24 PM
I just got back. Got my sticker to prove it.

This registration thing is kind of a drag. To me there should be little or no pre-registration limit. I could see them making you jump through a few extra hoops if its close to election day but to me NO ONE should be not allowed to vote that is of legal status. Something the Motor Voter legislation was supposed to help but its not enough. Someone should take this issue on. And fix it.

cphilip
11-02-2004, 04:26 PM
i'm not a member of the electoral college so it would be a waste of time.

erm.... glad your not voting! :confused:

Will Wood
11-02-2004, 04:39 PM
I just got back. Got my sticker to prove it.

This registration thing is kind of a drag. To me there should be little or no pre-registration limit. I could see them making you jump through a few extra hoops if its close to election day but to me NO ONE should be not allowed to vote that is of legal status. Something the Motor Voter legislation was supposed to help but its not enough. Someone should take this issue on. And fix it.

I was allowed to register on the spot at my campus.

But it actually seemed like a bad idea to me. Doesn't it mean you could vote more than once?

Let's say I registed and voted in my hometown. Then I came here saying I havn't registered yet, and did this.

logamus
11-02-2004, 04:40 PM
i took my son with me and let him color in a few of the choices.

Rebel46_99
11-02-2004, 04:46 PM
This was my 9th Presidential election.

My whole family was in line at 5:40AM CST because the polls opened at 6:00 am and we were done by 6:15......

PissedGodzilla
11-02-2004, 05:03 PM
This was my 9th Presidential election.

My whole family was in line at 5:40AM CST because the polls opened at 6:00 am and we were done by 6:15......

dude you should be sleeping.. lol

RevBrown
11-02-2004, 05:18 PM
i just got back. i lost my voting virginity!!! ow, it hurt

Hey me to.

This is the only election I have followed enough and cared enough to vote.
I don't see what the problem is, why more people don't vote.
It took about 20 minutes which was exactly 10 times longer than my first......................

PyRo
11-02-2004, 05:18 PM
I just went, yay for no wait, took all of two minutes.

fire1811
11-02-2004, 05:41 PM
i was in and out in under ten minutes

msg goat
11-02-2004, 05:57 PM
yeah i voted today. i wonder for who...?

nastymag
11-02-2004, 06:27 PM
just got back from voting...

no line which was cool.

yea it really simple to vote, i dont see why people dont do it.
then again i dont feel that people who are not informed on the candidates or issues should vote. regardless of party

like i say, if you can vote but dont, then you have no friggen right to complain.

Gitaroo Man
11-02-2004, 07:37 PM
First time voter...just got back..weeeee

cphilip
11-02-2004, 07:48 PM

But it actually seemed like a bad idea to me. Doesn't it mean you could vote more than once?

Let's say I registed and voted in my hometown. Then I came here saying I havn't registered yet, and did this.

I don't know. I can see where there could be checks and balances to avoid that. I know they have "provisional votes" that are reviewed after the fact. This is maybe what you ended up doing. The number is small and allows cross checking to see if they show up anywhere else. And you could like require some documentation of an unregistered voter. Like say two picture ID's and a recent power, rental reciept or car registration.... there would be ways to do this.

Most of the reports I am hearing of complaints are mostly people that just did not take care of changing their registration when they moved. And they are irrate about it. But thats not the kind of dumb arse thing I talking about. Those people can at least go back to thier previous address precinct and vote. I mean its their mistake. But they might not be allowed to vote in local elecional issues. But what I am proposing here is that anyone who can prove he is a US citizen in good standing should at least be allowed to vote a National election vote. To be checked later and verified. We would be talking about such a small percentage it would really not be significant. But at least they would be allowed to vote. And thats important.

Mango
11-02-2004, 07:49 PM
http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/hsugh.gif

Wheelman
11-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Voted for myself.

Sweet I voted for you too, you might sweep this thing. No....no I didn't, but I did vote today :clap:

Hey phil, You got a sticker? wtf I didn't get a sticker :mad:

on a side note:Will, do you ever check your damn PM's :tard:

Will Wood
11-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Yea, I replied. You didn't. If its about the hosting.. email Will.Wood24@gmail.com
if its about the barrel... what one was it again?

cphilip
11-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Ok well this bit of news is rather disappointing to me. The big turn out in young voters that was much hyped and expected.... didn't happen. 17% of the voters Nationwide were 18 - 29. Thats exactly the same percentage as the last National election. No change. And the lowest group of all the brackets.

Sounds like a lot of you youngsters like to gripe and moan but don't do anything about it. thats not aimed at you 17% that did vote. More power to you. But your friends and fellow young people are not doing your civic duty. That needs to change.

fire1811
11-03-2004, 07:27 AM
Sounds like a lot of you youngsters like to gripe and moan but don't do anything about it. thats not aimed at you 17% that did vote. More power to you. But your friends and fellow young people are not doing your civic duty. That needs to change.

i think you hit the nail on the head right there.

BobTheCow
11-03-2004, 07:33 AM
Ok well this bit of news is rather disappointing to me. The big turn out in young voters that was much hyped and expected.... didn't happen. 17% of the voters Nationwide were 18 - 29. Thats exactly the same percentage as the last National election. No change. And the lowest group of all the brackets.

Sounds like a lot of you youngsters like to gripe and moan but don't do anything about it. thats not aimed at you 17% that did vote. More power to you. But your friends and fellow young people are not doing your civic duty. That needs to change.Are you sure you stated that correctly? If 17% of all the votes nationwide were us young'ns, that could just mean that more of EVERYBODY voted. If more teens voted, and more seniors also voted, than the percentages would all look the same. The real number I'd like to see is the number (and/or percentage of all) of 18-29 year olds who A) registered, and B) voted, as opposed to those statistics from 2000.

Or else it's much too early, and I misunderstood what you just said... do'h!!

fire1811
11-03-2004, 07:40 AM
i just watched it on nbc they said the same 17% same in 2004 as in 2000

BobTheCow
11-03-2004, 07:48 AM
i just watched it on nbc they said the same 17% same in 2004 as in 2000But that number means that 17% of all the voters were in that young category, NOT that only 17% of everybody in that age category voted... right? I'm just not impressed with that statistic, I'd like to see numbers isolating the age bracket.

PyRo
11-03-2004, 08:56 AM

Hey I voted, not that it matters Kerry took my state 65% to 35% or somthing insane like that :(

Python14
11-03-2004, 10:42 AM
I voted and bush took my state 55/45 :D ....13 EC Votes for Bush

Kevmaster
11-03-2004, 10:59 AM

thats against the law in most states. most places require youto have registered at least 30 days proior to the election

at present, other than the fact that it is a federal felony to do so, whats to stop you from sending in five or ten registrations

REPORTEDLY, in PA, thats what the Dems had people do. No facts, just accusations from the right, but it seems it may have happened in PA and OH

Wheelman
11-03-2004, 11:25 AM
in Maine you can register right up until the last minute (being handed a ballot) but you do have to show proof of residency

cphilip
11-03-2004, 12:20 PM
But that number means that 17% of all the voters were in that young category, NOT that only 17% of everybody in that age category voted... right? I'm just not impressed with that statistic, I'd like to see numbers isolating the age bracket.

Not certain how to interpret it without some more actual numbers that I have not seen yet. But some assumption numbers are being thrown around. Those include a conclusion that all areas that voted went up about the same. Meaning at least young voters kept pace. With the older counterparts at least. But no whopping gain that was expected. In other words... some indications were that the voter registration of young voters before the election was WAY higher than any other group. But yet only enough of those voted to keep pace. Not increase the percentage. Meaning a lot of them registered but did not vote. At least thats the impression at this point. Have to wait and see if that is proven out....

I found this tidbit: In 2000, only 46 percent of registered 18-to29-year-olds actually voted. That's 26 percent below the figure for those over the age of 30. Turnout by the youngest voting cohort has generally lagged 20 to 25 percent behind older voters.

Seems this general lag happened again. In spite of eveyone assuming they would come closer to the age 30+ percentage that actualy voted they did not gain any ground at all.

BlackVCG
11-03-2004, 06:23 PM
I guess Puffy just didn't get through to the kids... :tard:

1stdeadeye
11-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Vote early, and vote often. :)

Only in Philadelphia! :wow: ;)

RoadDawg
11-03-2004, 11:00 PM
I voted and bush took my state 55/45 :D ....13 EC Votes for Bush

I voted.... 55 EC votes for Kerry.

Python14
11-03-2004, 11:09 PM
and it still wasn't enough.... :D ;)

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-03-2004, 11:17 PM
I want to say it was something like 53% of 18-29 voted,, or about 21 million.

Anyway this was a really bad election for me.

Mainly because a referendum to get my school district out of debt failed. :(