PDA

View Full Version : Questions on remotes

shokRa
11-02-2004, 04:06 PM
ok i know nothing about remotes so i have a few questions about them...
first off, i have a crossfire 68/4500 psi n2 tank. i want to get a remote but im not sure which will work with my tank, i always find remotes that have 3000 psi but i have a 4500 psi so do i need one with 4500 psi?
also what is the difference between stainless steel and coil? is one more advantageous than the other?
finally, for people who have remotes, what do you use to hold your tank? i have a friend who puts it in a bookbag which seems to work okay just wondering if theres an easier way

Dayspring
11-02-2004, 04:23 PM
That 3000psi is the burst rating of the hose. Your tank doesn't output 3000psi, it's more along the lines of 450-1100psi.

Stainless is tubing wrapped in stainless steel strands. Tough, not nearly as flexible as the coil. Coil- more line but alot more flexible to work with.

Look for harnesses that are designed for remotes. They have pods as well as a tank carrier.

ok i know nothing about remotes so i have a few questions about them...
first off, i have a crossfire 68/4500 psi n2 tank. i want to get a remote but im not sure which will work with my tank, i always find remotes that have 3000 psi but i have a 4500 psi so do i need one with 4500 psi?
also what is the difference between stainless steel and coil? is one more advantageous than the other?
finally, for people who have remotes, what do you use to hold your tank? i have a friend who puts it in a bookbag which seems to work okay just wondering if theres an easier way

Asym
11-02-2004, 04:32 PM
output pressure to the hose should only be around 850PSI from the crossfire, the air is regulated so it doesn't dump 4500PSI to the gun, remotes can handle this easily.

Stainless don't get tangled as much since they're straight but I personally prefer the coils since it streaches to the leanght you need without much extra slack.

Most packs have a version that will hold an airtank, just look at different pack models.

MonsterMag
11-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Get a harness like this , has pods and tank holder
http://www.shop4paintball.com/Packs/05PLAYERDLXREMOTEPK.jpg

47 bucks

linky http://www.shop4paintball.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=274&HS=1