PDA

View Full Version : Talk me out of an emag.

GT
11-02-2004, 07:41 PM
I have owned everthing except a timmy. I want a gun I can play with the rest of my life, I find that the only gun that fits the bill is an emag. What do you guys think, emag or something else?

Warewolf50
11-02-2004, 07:59 PM
e-mag, i got rid of mine a while back, and i miss it soo much.

Night$tryker
11-02-2004, 08:01 PM
ya emag i have shot one about two times at they would make a great gun. I am getting a ule

slade
11-02-2004, 08:05 PM
hmm, i shot a freestyle and xmag one after the other, and liked the freestyle a lot more... but hey, get whatever fits you best, if you prefer an emag get it... and sort of off-topic i just realized that emag backwards is game.

teufelhunden
11-02-2004, 08:06 PM
DM5 or Alias.

These are both the pinnacles in paintball technology. They both rip, they're both efficient, they're both light, both are consistent/accurate... and they both outperform an E-Mag.

_tMAN
11-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Buy Mine! They are totally worth it!

hAppy
11-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Honestly, I owned and had experience with basically every gun out there. And AGD guns are my favorite, party b/c of the AO group as well. But I sold my Timmy just to go back to a mech mag. And I never regreted it. As of now I own a Xmag and I love it! The gun is so simple, you don't need ACE, lvl 10 works wonders. You don't have to worry bout losing a day's game b/c your electronics died, thank god for M mode. I know this will be my permanent gun.

Tunaman
11-02-2004, 08:32 PM
How many more markers do you want to buy after this one? If the answer in none, then certainly get the Emag. It, like amost all of AGD's markers will last a lifetime...maybe longer. ;) :D

White_Noise
11-02-2004, 08:33 PM
i feel the same way about mags, ive shot basically every type of marker out there, but have always prefered my mags. i have 4 mags right now and love them all, but due to the fact that im in college im going to have to sell 2 of them off. though im selling thesemarkers off, i plan on keeping my ule rt and the sfl because ive never had them let me down unlike many other markers ive tried.

personman
11-02-2004, 08:40 PM
and sort of off-topic i just realized that emag backwards is game.
You werent the first ;) (they dont sell these anymore but look at the mousepad)
http://store.airgun.com/images/category/6.jpg

Steelrat
11-02-2004, 08:46 PM
You already had a gun you could play with forever, the viking. Much as I liked my e and x mags, its not even close.

dahoeb
11-02-2004, 08:50 PM
i disagree teufelhunden.
nearly every paintball marker over 900 dollars perform nearly the same. after you spend that much its nearly all preference. they all shoot at disgusting rates of fire, they're all consistent, they're all accurate depending on your barrel and paint and theyre at least moderately consistent.
if you want to be different than all those fad guns that everyone and their dog plays with, get an xmag/emag. they're smaller than an alias/dm4-5, more reliable, and just as accurate. and if you don't like the standard mouseclick trigger pull then you can just go in hybrid mode and go insane, and if you don't like that either, just take out the battery and go manual. what more could you want?
wow, i wish i was paying an extra $300 for a board or (cheat board) that goes 30 bps or whatever, since i'll only probably realistically reach 15bps consistently in game and especially when the only loader capable of reaching 30bps plus is the Q-loader, and we all see how many of those are around......but thats a lot of what you pay for when you buy a timmy and maybe dm4 ( i don't know much about those)
if you want staying power, i'd probably get a mag. mags have been around for almost 15 years, and it doesn't show too many signs of disappearing. the design is simple, reliable and proven. its not uncommon to hear of people taking 7 yearold mags out of a closet and going straight to the field with no problems. do that with a dm4.....
with mags, you don't pay for hype, and you don't pay for a bunch of gadgets you'll never ever use. you pay for a high quality marker and features that are significant.
i'm not saying that dm4's and alias' and timmies are bad. they're not, they're great and very popular for a reason. But every other year theres some newer, better timmy/dm4 coming out that has a board capable of 5 bps more (not that it matters....) or that has some better, newer milling/annodizing than the last, and and before you know it you own a 2 yearold marker thats almost 4 generations old andalready hopelessly left behind. i'm just saying thats not too good for staying power. for staying power and a marker that won't let you down for years, a mag is probably a little bit of a smarter choice. Mags have all interchangeable upgrades so even the oldest mag can be as good as the very latest.
Thats just a my realistic evaluation

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-02-2004, 08:55 PM
i disagree teufelhunden.
nearly every paintball marker over 900 dollars perform nearly the same. after you spend that much its nearly all preference. they all shoot at disgusting rates of fire, they're all consistent, they're all accurate depending on your barrel and paint and theyre at least moderately consistent.
if you want to be different than all those fad guns that everyone and their dog plays with, get an xmag/emag. they're smaller than an alias/dm4-5, more reliable, and just as accurate. and if you don't like the standard mouseclick trigger pull then you can just go in hybrid mode and go insane, and if you don't like that either, just take out the battery and go manual. what more could you want?
wow, i wish i was paying an extra $300 for a board that goes 30 bps or whatever, especially since i'll only probably realistically reach 15bps consistently and especially when the only loader capable of reaching 30bps plus is the Q-loader, and we all see how many of those are around......
if you want staying power, i'd probably get a mag. mags have been around for almost 15 years, and it doesn't show too many signs of disappearing. the design is simple, reliable and proven. its not uncommon to hear of people taking 7 yearold mags out of a closet and going straight to the field with no problems. do that with a dm4.....
i'm not saying that dm4's and alias' and timmies are bad. they're not, they're great and very popular for a reason, i'm just saying that for staying power and a marker that won't let you down for years, a mag is probably a little bit of a smarter choice.

Seeing as how E-mags have been discontinued they don't really have any staying power do they?

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Coray
11-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Xmag or impulse? j.w... i can geuss everyone will go with xmag tho..i jsut want opions and reasons why?

LittlePaintballBoy
11-02-2004, 09:00 PM
XMag > Impulse

Many guns I can think of > EMag

MicroMiniMe
11-02-2004, 09:05 PM
What other marker can you toss in the ocean and pull it out and still fire?
Indoor, outdoor, hot, cold, freezing... the Emag will not let you down. It can sit in the closet for months on end and you can toss it in the gear bag and go play.
Full speed of an electro with the backup mech and sweetspot ability. And I know you have Dynaflows to get it nice and reactive. What better use for such a great HPA as well.
And the cost has lowered for used you can toss on a custum rail/body and new ano.

BlackWeenie
11-02-2004, 09:06 PM
if you really dont want to upgrade for a while, go for something that has all that you would ever need-speed, efficiency, good ACE, light, easy maintenance, low profile....

i too would also recommend an alias/abomb/dark/whatever timmy or one a dm5/4. i had an emag, and to be honest i hated it. it had none of the characteristics that i was looking for (the ones above) except for easy mainenance. i since have gotten a private label shocker (nasty) and have never looked back. its a great gun, but im not going to recommend it, because im going to get flamed by all the haters here...

Steelrat
11-02-2004, 09:08 PM
What other marker can you toss in the ocean and pull it out and still fire?
Indoor, outdoor, hot, cold, freezing... the Emag will not let you down. It can sit in the closet for months on end and you can toss it in the gear bag and go play.
Full speed of an electro with the backup mech and sweetspot ability. And I know you have Dynaflows to get it nice and reactive. What better use for such a great HPA as well.
And the cost has lowered for used you can toss on a custum rail/body and new ano.

How about this. An AKA tech immersed a viking in water, and it continued to fire for several minutes until the ram tube filled up with water.

teufelhunden
11-02-2004, 09:12 PM
i disagree teufelhunden.
wow, i wish i was paying an extra $300 for a board that goes 30 bps or whatever, especially since i'll only probably realistically reach 15bps consistently and especially when the only loader capable of reaching 30bps plus is the Q-loader, and we all see how many of those are around......
i'm not saying that dm4's and alias' and timmies are bad. they're not, they're great and very popular for a reason, i'm just saying that for staying power and a marker that won't let you down for years, a mag is probably a little bit of a smarter choice.

Problem with E/X-Mags lies in two things: 1) Efficiency. Need to carry a bigger tank for the same amount of shots, and 2) All the public software blows. 4.0 was quick, but it was never officially released and it never will be.

White_Noise
11-02-2004, 09:20 PM
How about this. An AKA tech immersed a viking in water, and it continued to fire for several minutes until the ram tube filled up with water.

it may be able to do that, but can it pass the U.S military sand test?

didnt think so :D

edit: not to talk smack about aka though, cause a viking or an excal is the only other high end marker i would take besides my mags

ilikePB
11-02-2004, 09:22 PM
The few E Mags I've shot didn't compare with guns the likes of DM4/5, Timmy, Trix, Viking, Shocker, etc in terms of ease of shooting fast and low kick. I really do not understand what is so great about them other than the fact that they are tough. All guns will last a long time if maintaned correctly. Who cares if you can put it underwater. I'm not going to put my Shocker underwater so it doesn't matter.

White_Noise
11-02-2004, 09:24 PM
The few E Mags I've shot didn't compare with guns the likes of DM4/5, Timmy, Trix, Viking, Shocker, etc in terms of ease of shooting fast and low kick. I really do not understand what is so great about them other than the fact that they are tough. All guns will last a long time if maintaned correctly. Who cares if you can put it underwater. I'm not going to put my Shocker underwater so it doesn't matter.

look at all the problems that people have at Mardi Gras with their uber fast electros, :D

ilikePB
11-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Never been to Mardi Gras so I wouldn't know. However, here at the Cup in Orlando Dynasty and Philly Americans didn't seem to have any problems waisting every team with their Shockers. :D

Steelrat
11-02-2004, 09:27 PM

didnt think so :D

edit: not to talk smack about aka though, cause a viking or an excal is the only other high end marker i would take besides my mags

LOL, hey man, I like the mags too. I owned 3 X-mags and 2 emags. But my mags couldnt even pass the take-it-out-for-a-day-of-play-without-breaking test. I think I just have the touch-o-death when it comes to mags, but every one of mine had something go wrong with it, forcing me to use my AKA markers to finish the day. The only guns that NEVER let me down have been my vikings and excals. Other mag shooters I know seem to have very few problems, so I think it may just be me.

ilikePB
11-02-2004, 09:31 PM
LOL, hey man, I like the mags too. I owned 3 X-mags and 2 emags. But my mags couldnt even pass the take-it-out-for-a-day-of-play-without-breaking test. I think I just have the touch-o-death when it comes to mags, but every one of mine had something go wrong with it, forcing me to use my AKA markers to finish the day. The only guns that NEVER let me down have been my vikings and excals. Other mag shooters I know seem to have very few problems, so I think it may just be me.
It's not just you, quite a while back I had a Mag and had many probs, deffinately not normal for a mag. I also had great success with a Viking. I had a nice 03 Viking for a while and loved it. I say go with what you like. Although I suck at shooting a E Mag fast, apperantly some people can shoot them fast, they also seem to me to have a larger than normal amount of kick compared to other high end guns. But it's mostly preference in these types of decisions.

Duzzy
11-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Seeing as how E-mags have been discontinued they don't really have any staying power do they?

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

I just bought a new E-mag 2 weeks ago, I don't think they have been discontinued...

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.catalog&categoryID=86

ilikePB
11-02-2004, 09:34 PM
I just bought a new E-mag 2 weeks ago, I don't think they have been discontinued...

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.catalog&categoryID=86
They have been discontinued. They just haven't sold all the ones they've made yet.

dahoeb
11-02-2004, 09:57 PM
this is for anyone that thinks that the public software blows.
just out of curiosity, what does a circuit board have to do with how fast you pull the trigger? i mean, sure the board might say its capable of 30bps, but so what, its not gonna make your fingers move faster. the x-emags, regardless of software all have the same resistance and everything, the same magnets repelling and what not. and its all activated at whatever you decide to set it at since the trigger is adjustable.
and in other electros that use microswitches, the only way those seem like they'd be faster is if you adjust the microswitch or the trigger itself, if the trigger isn't adjustable already. aside from ramping or some other cheater board i don't see how it could the board would matter. but if i'm wrong, let me know cause i'm just wondering

adt501
11-02-2004, 09:58 PM
as much as i like mags, if i could only have one gun for the rest of my playing years, it would be.......

a finely tuned cocker :shooting:

player4
11-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Why won't they make more? I thought that the Smart Parts issue was over.

ilikePB
11-02-2004, 10:31 PM
You wish.

GT
a finely tuned cocker :shooting:

you know whats funny, that is my choice, mag or cocker. CCM or Emag?

hAppy
Well it can't be "over", their rampage could be over, but their patent still stands.

MonsterMag
11-02-2004, 10:33 PM
look in my sig and ask me if I like my Emag ;)

Love it BEST GUN I EVER OWNED :headbang:

tony3
11-02-2004, 10:35 PM

Discontinuing the E/Xmag had nothing to do with Smart Parts.

ilikePB
11-02-2004, 10:47 PM
So if the SP's debacle never were to happen they still would have stopped making E Mags? I think TK just got ahead of the game and stopped making them before any legal action was taken against them by SP's.

ilikePB
11-02-2004, 10:48 PM
you know whats funny, that is my choice, mag or cocker. CCM or Emag?
CCM, then get the PBX conversion. That's what I'd do if I was between the 2 choices.

personman
11-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Well, I'm sure the fact that Smart Parts was trying to pull this crap with other companys did play atleast a small role in it. Maybe SP never confronted AGD, but I think it still affected it. Of corse it was not the main reason.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-02-2004, 11:03 PM
look in my sig and ask me if I like my Emag ;)

Love it BEST GUN I EVER OWNED :headbang:

Mind if I ask what other guns you have owned?

dahoeb
11-02-2004, 11:07 PM
THE X-mag was discontinued in part because of airgun designs europe didn't doesn't make the bodies anymore or something. not because they didn't sell. they sold very well and were backed up till the very end of their production. and the emag was around for 4 or 5 years, in the same form pretty much (until the xmag came around), so i'd call that pretty good staying power teufelhunden

player4
11-02-2004, 11:14 PM
Well it can't be "over", their rampage could be over, but their patent still stands.

smart parts.............just die.......no one likes you

LittlePaintballBoy
11-02-2004, 11:16 PM

Whoa, some guy doesn't like us, let's stop the patent and get everyone happy again!

ilikePB
11-02-2004, 11:17 PM
wrong

ilikePB
11-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Whoa, some guy doesn't like us, let's stop the patent and get everyone happy again!
LOL

tony3
11-02-2004, 11:52 PM
So if the SP's debacle never were to happen they still would have stopped making E Mags? I think TK just got ahead of the game and stopped making them before any legal action was taken against them by SP's.

Ya, so he lied to all of AO about AGDE not making xmags in the quanities they used to, so he decided to stop getting xmags from them, and since the emag is out of date and a 4 year old design to just discontinue it? Sure, it could of played a small role in his choice, but I think it played a bigger choice in his choice to not start designing a new electro right after he discontinued it.

dahoeb
11-02-2004, 11:56 PM
i thought everyone liked smart parts, thats why we all by their extremely high quality, trouble free markers. the markers that they spend days testing before they're boxed up and mailed off, making sure there are no defects....oh wait, i'm thinking of agd, my bad.
smart parts = overglorified markers and hype

i'm sorry i wasn't clear enough for you paintballboy.
i was also being sarcastic, just incase you didn't catch that either.

BlackWeenie
11-03-2004, 12:06 AM
yes guys, we've all heard your closed minded opinions about agd/SP hundreds of times. let it go.

SpecialBlend2786
11-03-2004, 12:11 AM
anyway......

emags are great guns, I've had no problems with mine. You can probably get one used for around or under 700.

For $50 more you can pick up a Trix

adt501
11-03-2004, 12:20 AM
quit with the sp bashing, its done to death in other threads
i know, i do it enough myself :tard:

gtrsi - man, ive got an emag and i love it, but i shot a j2 and im probably gonna pick up one of those as well. that frame is awesome, its fast for a mech cocker, very light, efficient, all the good cocker attributes

the only thing im bummed is the added cost of the carbon fiber barrel kit, im sure its nice, but id like it as an option. of course, you could find one used

id say shoot emag and cocker.....you'll always have a sweet backup to something

or you could be uber cool and shoot a pump

or a slingshot :ninja:

LittlePaintballBoy
11-03-2004, 01:16 AM
i thought everyone liked smart parts, thats why we all by their extremely high quality markers, that they spend days per marker testing, making sure there are no defects....oh wait, i'm thinking of agd, my bad.
smart parts = overglorified markers and hype

PALATM

Decipher and win an e-cookie.

felony
11-03-2004, 01:32 AM
the one and only thing that decides which marker I get is if it can withstand being thrown into the ocean and still fire afterwords.

that makes the marker for sure :rolleyes:

LittlePaintballBoy
11-03-2004, 02:12 AM
But the "Almighty" mags can't cycle in water very well at all.

*coughvikingcough*

Enemy
11-03-2004, 02:50 AM
im actually with steelrat on this the aka products are tops.. my xmag has given me issues since i got it its been hell.. will i sell it, never but it has been pissing me off as of late! an emag is great and alot less than a newer viking so which one would you choose.. the question isnt should i buy an emag over a viking its does the extra price of a viking or dm5 or timmy really make it worth it.. oh and you might want something that if you do sell you dont lose to much money on so timmies and dm 5s are out cuz they will have a new version out in a year or less!!! thats pretty much all i have to say.

Wc Keep
11-03-2004, 08:32 AM
i had an emag and traded the bottom half for an sto autococker. the emag wasnt that heavy but it was slow. even with the 3.2 software it was slow. if agd had released 4.0 it would have boosted the popularity of the emag. 4.0 emags are faster than timmys that are bouncing like mad men. daheob pick up a 4.0 emag and pick up a 2.37 or even a 3.2 and you will be able to tell a difference.

i sorta miss my emag though. just cause it was cool looking.
http://www.teamblackcell.com/forums/uploads/post-28-1086840029.jpg

Empyreal Rogue
11-03-2004, 08:55 AM
1 word: DevilMAG.

evan123
11-03-2004, 12:53 PM
I am going to say probably don't get one. E-mags are verrrrry heavy unless completely ULEd, and then i just personally think the bulky battery pack is hard to grip. But hey, get what you like, its your decision not ours.

Wc Keep
11-03-2004, 12:55 PM
I am going to say probably don't get one. E-mags are verrrrry heavy unless completely ULEd, and then i just personally think the bulky battery pack is hard to grip. But hey, get what you like, its your decision not ours.

emags are not heavy if only partially ule. alot of people like the way the battery pack feels.

evan123
11-03-2004, 01:11 PM
emags are not heavy if only partially ule. alot of people like the way the battery pack feels.
Well compared to other guns i have used they are heavy. When you go from holding a shocker, timmy, or dm4 and then go to a "partially ule"d gun, its a big difference. And notice how i said it was his decision on the gun not ours so i was just stating my opinions, no need to call me on them

TheDuelist
11-03-2004, 01:11 PM
I sold my EMag to get a Cyborg. Do I regret it? Yes and no. I put a lot into my E and it performed flawlessly whenever I needed it. I never had a problem with it unless it was the result of something I screwed up or with. I sold it because I wanted a change. I chose the Cyborg mainly due to the fact it was new to the scene. I took a chance on it and I feel it was a good choice. Its efficient, light, shoots extremely well, and is very easy to maintain. Will it have the longevity of an EMag? I doubt it, but then again very few markers last as long as mags do. I have a classic that sat on a shelf for well over 2 years. I decided to play with it one day. All I had to do was put a couple drops of oild through the valve and she shot like a charm. In my opinion, you can't lose with a mag.

adt501
11-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Well compared to other guns i have used they are heavy. When you go from holding a shocker, timmy, or dm4 and then go to a "partially ule"d gun, its a big difference. And notice how i said it was his decision on the gun not ours so i was just stating my opinions, no need to call me on them

quality is heavy

DWill
11-03-2004, 04:45 PM
quality is heavy

I agree...I like the feeling of having a heavy marker in my hand, with my SS tube I know I could run it over with a truck and have no repercussions (might be a slight exaggeration but hey you get the point) :dance:

LittlePaintballBoy
11-03-2004, 04:55 PM
quality is heavy

You are an idiot.

If you really believe that quality has to be heavy then you should honestly stop posting.

ilikePB
11-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Yeah, Shockers suck bad, that's how Dynasty and Philly Americans are the 2 best teams around shooting crappy guns. I like my Shocker better than any E Mag I've ever shot. Anyway, get what you like better.

adt501
11-03-2004, 06:30 PM
You are an idiot.

If you really believe that quality has to be heavy then you should honestly stop posting.

haha......i hate myself for actually reading and considering your ignorant post

i didnt say quality has to be heavy...please use those reading skills (if you have them) before making posts...

i was making an observation. when people complain about markers being too heavy, its funny. in our lazy society it seems we have weaker people born every year. maybe its time to do some pushups instead playing on your xbox.

can you talk about quality and the shocker or timmy in the same sentence? no. e-mag, dm4, viking, quality? yes.

ilikePB
11-03-2004, 06:46 PM
can you talk about quality and the shocker or timmy in the same sentence? no.
I really think that you have never owned either. The top pro teams in paintball use both these guns almost exclusively. If these guns were not quality then the amount of teams that use them would dwindle each year even if they are payed to use them. A good team cannot afford to let bad equipment get in their way. So why do the top teams still use Shockers and Timmys? Because they are awesome guns.

White_Noise
11-03-2004, 06:46 PM

i didnt say quality has to be heavy...please use those reading skills (if you have them) before making posts...

i was making an observation. when people complain about markers being too heavy, its funny. in our lazy society it seems we have weaker people born every year. maybe its time to do some pushups instead playing on your xbox.

can you talk about quality and the shocker or timmy in the same sentence? no. e-mag, dm4, viking, quality? yes.

absolutely true, especially the part about our lazy society getting weaker, and the pushups instead of xbox.(not only are people getting weaker, but dumber as well)

in all seriousness, every timmy or shocker, or imp ive ever held or shot just felt cheap to me. they feel cheaply made and ive never liked the feel. not to say that mags are the only marker that feels quality made. any aka marker, trix, dm4, some cockers, feel quality made to me, probably because they are.

Rift
11-03-2004, 06:53 PM

well said

ilikePB
11-03-2004, 07:00 PM
This thread has revealed to me the ignorance that exsits in some of AO. Anything made by AGD is the best and SP stuff sucks no matter what. Well go to the real world, guess what, everyone thinks the opposite. Have fun in your little world where you can continue to tell yourselves that Mags are the best, while the rest of the paintball world knows better.

Rift
11-03-2004, 07:04 PM
lol um who ever said that mags were the only guns and are the best? just because certain people dont like smart parts or decide to use smart parts in a comparison dose not make them ignorant and i still have yet to see where anyone here has said that mags are the best gun and everything else sucks, they are one of many good guns it alls comes down to what you like to shoot.

dahoeb
11-03-2004, 07:04 PM
i use to own an old-school timmy and those things were pretty nasty. the nasty plastic grips and all. i played a few games with an 03 shocker, i thought it was ok, until it started leaking air down the barrel.
the shocker just felt fragile though. smart parts makes the most tempermental markers....they seem to break over the most petty garbage. and yes, i've my fair share of SP markers so i'm not just saying this stuff cause i don't like SP

adt501
11-03-2004, 07:06 PM
I really think that you have never owned either. The top pro teams in paintball use both these guns almost exclusively. If these guns were not quality then the amount of teams that use them would dwindle each year even if they are payed to use them. A good team cannot afford to let bad equipment get in their way. So why do the top teams still use Shockers and Timmys? Because they are awesome guns.

lol...another ignorant poster. two in the same thread???

ive owned two shockers.....ilikepb, remember when i posted about my 2 shockers in an earlier thread, and you said my problems were user error, even though you didnt read my posts all the way through to make your judgement call?

ive also owned two timmys

and i know what teams use what guns, because i follow tourny ball extremely close, because thats all i play. as for the two teams you mentioned, they use shockers because a) they are ether a factory team (all americans) or be, they were payed very well and are under contract (dynasty). yes, dynasty can afford to let bad equipment get in their way, because they can get new shockers for every tournament! (heard from player's own lips)

and if your in that camp that believe that the gun makes the player, then i thank you dearly. cause it is players like you that drive our great game. the kind that buys the brand new, flame throwers and buys lots of paint to feed them. well, sir, you cant buy game. its great, going to the field every weekend and shooting the kids with paper routes that buy the new guns as they come out, the over hyped flame throwers.

yeah, ive owned a lot of guns. ive owned five smart parts guns, angels, led and lcd trixs, the timmys, a DM4. you know what? i still play better with my cocker, and prefer my cocker most of the time. i like my emag because i can flip it to mechanical on a win, and its very fast. its just a well thought out design.

back to the main topic of this thread, an emag would be an excellent choice. no need to come on and flame other people because they think the emag is not a good gun.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Amen. (ilikepb)

And what part exactly of "quality is heavy" did I misread?

And I don't even have an XBox, I play paintball, which takes money to fund. I don't play videogames. Moron.

dahoeb
11-03-2004, 07:07 PM
lol um who ever said that mags were the only guns and are the best? just because certain people dont like smart parts or decide to use smart parts in a comparison dose not make them ignorant and i still have yet to see where anyone here has said that mags are the best gun and everything else sucks, they are one of many good guns it alls comes down to what you like to shoot.

word to you

adt501
11-03-2004, 07:12 PM
This thread has revealed to me the ignorance that exsits in some of AO. Anything made by AGD is the best and SP stuff sucks no matter what. Well go to the real world, guess what, everyone thinks the opposite. Have fun in your little world where you can continue to tell yourselves that Mags are the best, while the rest of the paintball world knows better.

nobody has said "sp sucks" one time in this thread

and no, not everyone thinks the opposite

the only people that think mags suck are usually ignorant or uninformed

sp has the potential to make great guns, but their quality control is horrible. if you deny this, then it is you who have never owned a smart parts gun

again, please read posts fully before posting, you just make yourself sound childish

Rift
11-03-2004, 07:12 PM
lol...another ignorant poster. two in the same thread???

i
as for the two teams you mentioned, they use shockers because a) they are ether a factory team (all americans) or be, they were payed very well and are under contract (dynasty). yes, dynasty can afford to let bad equipment get in their way, because they can get new shockers for every tournament! (heard from player's own lips)

darn i new i forgot to mention something!

adt501
11-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Amen. (ilikepb)

And what part exactly of "quality is heavy" did I misread?

And I don't even have an XBox, I play paintball, which takes money to fund. I don't play videogames. Moron.

aww, im a moron??? :eek:

dose that mean, little paintball boy, that i wont make your list of Really Cool People, or Really Awesome People????

damn it, i coud cry :cry:

trevorjk
11-03-2004, 07:36 PM

dude.... just stop, the top "pro" teams use them becuase they get paid to use them. have you ever heard of the term "sponsership"?

anyways i reffed world cup, 75% of the guns we caught cheating where all timmies... hmmm the other 20% were shockers.... hmmm, the last 5 made up the dm4's and 5's and protos.

and on at least 3 occasions with my own eyes i saw 3 feednecks break off of the shockers... quality? after a day of reffing we went upto the smart parts booth, asked the head tech at the booth about the feedneck issue. his words were "there are not enough threads to properly support the feedneck with a hopper" and then asked if smartparts will fix there problem "warrenty doesnt cover it"

and another thing all those pro teams are useing full auto anyways, seriously watch the games... they look like there walking the triggers but its not needed cuase when they reload or do run throughs they just hold the trigger down, becuase as im surrre your well aware of... full auto and anything else is allowed in pro xball as long as its under 15bps.

im not bashing shockers or timmies... there fast and nice guns, but when i see more problems with these guns then any other gun at the feilds and at world cup... it kinda makes you think wich is a better gun

Rift
11-03-2004, 08:16 PM
wow holy crap are you serious about the feednecks? thats insain how are they gonna let something like that just slipup on a gun that costs so much? and then not support the problem

LittlePaintballBoy
11-03-2004, 08:31 PM
aww, im a moron??? :eek:

dose that mean, little paintball boy, that i wont make your list of Really Cool People, or Really Awesome People????

damn it, i coud cry :cry:

People are on the list for helping me along the way to buying a new gun. They also get put there for not being ignorant.

Rift
11-03-2004, 08:56 PM
People are on the list for helping me along the way to buying a new gun. They also get put there for not being ignorant.

lol um adt501 was never ignorant if i recal it was you who flamed him for his post for no aperant reason

LittlePaintballBoy
11-03-2004, 09:12 PM
lol um if i recal you suck.

And I flamed him because his post was a steaming pile of BS.

adt501
11-03-2004, 09:16 PM
hes right, you took the first shot at me, go up a few posts

anyway, im not going to post again on this thread, not all of the people posting on this thread have the proper IQ level to do so :tard: :tard: :tard:

thanks rift for the backing

long live the emag!!! :headbang:

LittlePaintballBoy
11-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Don't preach about reading and IQ scores when you can't even use proper grammar.

adt501
11-03-2004, 09:30 PM
hmmm...i just read your public record, littlepaintballboy, and i want to apologize about the IQ comment

i didnt know you were twelve

im sorry for being an ***

LittlePaintballBoy
11-03-2004, 09:33 PM
How old did you think I was? Did the name not tip you off? Typically it does.

EDIT: You don't have to apologize either, i'm not a stupid 12 year old.

slade
11-03-2004, 09:41 PM
i actually have to agree with littlepaintballboy here, you said "quality is heavy," which itself doesnt make sense, as quality is an attribute and heavy refers to something tangible. what you meant to say, i take it, is "quality work is heavy" which means that you think anything that is quality is heavy. and from now on, dont flame someone if they misinterprate what you meant because your writing lacks quality and clarity. now can you stop this flame tangent and return to gtrsi's question?

Rift
11-03-2004, 10:32 PM
lol um if i recal you suck.

And I flamed him because his post was a steaming pile of BS.

wow talk about worthless shesh

Duzzy
11-03-2004, 10:33 PM
I think this whole post should be deleted, the last, oh page and a half is a waste in my opinion. I also think that if people would ask for explanations instead of immediately assume the other person is stupid then we wouldn't be in this situation. That is my most humble opinion, feel free to :mad: me or :shooting: me because I really honestly do not care about it.

Also, not to start anything but making a negative remark on someones typing right before saying we should stop flaming is really inviting an argument. :eek:

Phobos
11-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Devilmag has all the benifits of all the other non-Mags, x-beam eyes, pred board, etc. built with mag quality. Plus its a marker that no one else will have.

Carbon
11-06-2004, 03:50 AM
Carbons reasons to not get an emag. (ule)

The emags speed potential can't be properly tapped without an adjustable tank. Ive noticed when i had Z mans's Max flow tank i was able to rip easily in e-mode. It suspect it has something to do with the on-off pin/sear/solenoid relation and its ability to cycle and reset more robustly under higher pressurs.

Trigger/grip There is a learning curve on the emag trigger. I myself have been able to learn that curve and develop a tecnique. With most other electro guns, all you have to do is pick it up and walk it. Also few third party triggers. Currently the only two blade triggers that you can buy is the fireblade (at a handsome $50) and an LT3.

On-Off Switch. An $800 gun should come with a real on/off switch.

Esoteric Battery: the emag batterey is particular to the emag.

more as they come up...

FragTek
11-06-2004, 10:17 AM
How many more markers do you want to buy after this one? If the answer in none, then certainly get the Emag. It, like amost all of AGD's markers will last a lifetime...maybe longer. ;) :D

I couldn't have said it better myself.

GT
12-08-2004, 08:38 PM
After some searching I found a hella deal on an emag. Almost bought a new one from tuna.

Here she is. Ill post better pics when i get home before dark.

http://img127.exs.cx/img127/8902/EMAG.jpg

anyone have any idea what barrel that is?

Duzzy
12-08-2004, 08:45 PM
I want to say a stock J&J but I don't know, although I believe I have seen it before on an X-mag.

JoshK
12-08-2004, 08:58 PM
how much on the e? i want it...i want one soo bad...they have been my dream gun forever...

slade
12-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Its the J&J that comes stock w/ rt ule customs. how much was the mag? Sure looks nice ;) .

GT
12-08-2004, 10:10 PM
you dont wanna know, got a hella good deal ;)

SSMercury
12-08-2004, 10:42 PM

Sand test?