PDA

View Full Version : New Gun Help

Hornet2099
11-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Here's the scoop, I just bought a RT ULE Custom, put a logic vert frame on it today, I haven't fired a paintball through it but have dry fired it about 150 times. The problem is that the bolt will sometimes get stuck during irregular firing rates. I am running 6 shims in my ULT trigger and the stock Level ten spring. I was thinking that it might be that the gun is still breaking in, but I was looking for some higher knowledge. Help me out guys.

Dayspring
11-03-2004, 12:24 AM
If it's brandy new, its time to look into tuning the level 10.

Hornet2099
11-03-2004, 02:15 AM
THat's what I thought. I tried all three springs that came with a kit, and one that did not that was inbetween the gold and red one. The problem became worse when I went to the longer springs. I'm not sure if I need to change out the spacers that came with it or not, but if I do how should i go about it as far as tweaking it??

Dayspring
11-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. Take out all the shims until you get the thing working. It can lead to a mis-diagnosed leak.

Here's the spring length/tension chart-

gold= Stock
red/silver with a cut ring- Medium
Silver- Long

darrickws
11-03-2004, 12:32 PM
If you just put a new frame on it, you may have tightened the screw too much. I have done it and it took me forever (and a suggestion by someone here on AO) to figure it out. If you overtighten the frame screw it can cause tweeking on the body and the bolt can stick. Make sure both the thumb screw and the frame screw are tightened about the same, snug, but not too much.

gl

CaliMagFan
11-03-2004, 02:50 PM
sounds like an issue with the field strip screw (the trigger frame screw in the back of the gun) being too loose... tighten it down by means of an allen wrench... snug, but dont kill yourself... check the link in my sig for more rt ule stuff... .sounds like we may have a similar setup..

-kyro

Hornet2099
11-03-2004, 02:59 PM
I went to havoc-online and read up on the carrier adjustments, and i guess that automag put the smallest one in there before shipping it to me. I did read about the tightening the ule mainbody too much and I've been quite aware of how tight it is. Thanks alot for the input guys, If all else fails, the carrier and shims options, what else could it possibly??

CaliMagFan
11-04-2004, 11:15 PM
did your issue get resolved?... i dont like to see people's threads die after a couple of days if their issue was not fixed... keep us posted...

-kyro

Hornet2099
11-05-2004, 01:18 AM
Well right now I'm going to take it out the field and run some paint through it with 6 shims in the ult, 2 shims in the level 10, and the gold spring. When i get out there i will switch the springs around. I'm not sure if i should mess with the shims in the level 10 or not, and whether or not i should upgrade to an adjustable tank. We'll see but let me know how some of you guys out there have your guns set up with the level 10 and the ult trigger.

Dayspring
11-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Take the shims out of the level 10 until you get the thing totally working and broken in. They can lead to a mis-diagnosis of a leak. Once you get a few cases through the level 10 and you've reduced the carrier size a time or two, THEN play with shims.

Hornet2099
11-06-2004, 08:59 PM
So I take it that I really need to break the gun in before i'll be able to set it up they way that i want?? If so then I can understand that. So no shims in the LX until a few thousands shots later. Without the shim, won't i be breaking paint though??

CaliMagFan
11-06-2004, 11:54 PM
dayspring is right, but (IMO) only to a point... you should be able to set up the marker without leaks and with a perfectly tuned LVL 10 and ult before its broken in... the only thing is that you'll notice the marker to slip out of tune as it breaks in..... most likely this will happen after a half case+....

its not like these markers are deffective when they come from agd.... its just that they will need adjustment later...

i think what dayspring is getting at is the fact that squabbling over the perfect lvl 10 shim setup is kinda pointless because you're going to have to change it soon... with that in mind i would recomend that you use no more than 2 LX shims... i guess you could go with 3 if you have a more tolerant valve, but trying for that perfect 3 LX and 5 ULT shim setup is just a little futile for teh time being... (thats just the perect setup for me, not saying its everyone's)

it's very safe to say that having too many shims in the powertube will cause a leak that is easily misdiagnosed as a "carrierish" problem...

interestingly enough, i find that it takes people about the same ammount of time to break their valve in as it does to become familiar with its workings....

good luck and enjoy your marker...
i swear by my ULE RT... its the BEST, and i mean that, marker i have ever owned, its just sooo solid...

-kyro

Hornet2099
11-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Yeah I'll shoot some more paint through it, then try the 3 shims in the LX, and 6 in the ult.
As soon as i get some time to go play, I work at a paintball field, then i'll definately fill you guys in. In the mean time if anyone has their own setup that's kickin butt for them, feel free to let me know. Thanks alot guys

Hornet2099
11-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Ok well I have shot about a case of paint through the gun with no LX shims, and I am using the smallest carrier, and the gun still leaks down the barrel sometimes. I went to the next size up for the carrier and it leaked even more. I'm somewhat bewildered about this but who knows. Any help would be nice.