PDA

View Full Version : vatican says it's a sin not to secks your wife

MantisMag
11-03-2004, 02:08 AM
they're even putting out a catholic sex for dummies book. :rofl:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-cath01.html

Target Practice
11-03-2004, 02:27 AM
Before this turns into the crapstorm that I'm guessing it is going to turn into...

Proud to be a Roman Catholic!

pulserifle99
11-03-2004, 03:30 AM
i too am proud to be catholic :clap:

http://www.geocities.com/pulserifle98/untitled3.bmp

wow, i just realized that ive been a membar since 02' and i havent even made 60 posts lol

BobTheCow
11-03-2004, 08:04 AM
Before this turns into the crapstorm that I'm guessing it is going to turn into...

Proud to be a Roman Catholic!D
i
t
t
o

Mango
11-03-2004, 09:30 AM
2 ))

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/naughty.gif

bornl33t
11-03-2004, 12:10 PM
lol the title of this thread has me rollin' good show man :clap:

PissedGodzilla
11-03-2004, 04:55 PM
I am so bringing home a copy of that newsreport to my fiance' RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

RC 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

B.A.M.
11-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Im so proud to be Catholic now. Btw who comes up with these books cuz id like to shake his hand

OysterBoy
11-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Im so proud to be Catholic now. Btw who comes up with these books cuz id like to shake his left hand

Fixt.

insanity415
11-03-2004, 07:01 PM
also proud to be roman catholic, but this isn't new to me. did you know that an impotent man cannot get married within the catholic church because he cannot perform the sexual act to consumate the marriage. now i said impotent, not sterile, two different things.

JimmyBeam
11-03-2004, 07:22 PM
im not catholic, but i try to do what is right and have sex with mine as much as possible

MantisMag
11-03-2004, 07:38 PM
also proud to be roman catholic, but this isn't new to me. did you know that an impotent man cannot get married within the catholic church because he cannot perform the sexual act to consumate the marriage. now i said impotent, not sterile, two different things.
well back when the bible was written they didn't understand the idea of sterility. if you really think about it the whole idea of sex being for procreation means that a sterile person shouldn't be having sex.

gc82000
11-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Now did Pope JP sign this as correct? Cause that is the total opposite of what I was taught all through my life.

MantisMag
11-03-2004, 10:00 PM
i don't know about the pope himself but if it's "vatican sanctioned" somebody high up there must have approved it. i don't know what you've been taught but as i understand it (and these are not my personal beliefs) sex between husband and wife is good. it's sex outside of marriage that's bad. use of birth control is bad. sex is for procreation. procreation is good. sex simply for pleasure is bad.

maybe someone who's a little more knowledgable about this stuff could chime in though. i'm not exactly the most religious person in the world.

davidb
11-04-2004, 12:46 AM
I know for a fact that JPII himself has said that it was a good and proper thing for a man to help his wife achieve orgasm, ideally simulatneous with his own, but seperately and even orally if necessary. It's different for a woman than a man, because a woman having an orgasm really has nothing to do with the creation of life, whereas a man doing the same does, needless to say.

ScatterPlot
11-04-2004, 02:01 AM
vatican says it's a sin not to secks your wife
:rofl:

But seriously, where in the Bible does it say no sex with your wife unless for procreation? That's a load of crap.

Halliday
11-04-2004, 03:43 AM
It has always said in the Bible for married couples to "get jiggy."

BobTheCow
11-04-2004, 06:57 AM
It has always said in the Bible for married couples to "get jiggy."Thou shalt not kill.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt get jiggy wit' it!!

MantisMag
11-04-2004, 09:55 AM
But seriously, where in the Bible does it say no sex with your wife unless for procreation? That's a load of crap.
i think the argument is that using birth control is denying the purpose for which God designed the sexual act. once again i am not a good catholic but that's my understanding of it.

and just to keep this funny and not a religious discussion. God intended vegetables to be eaten. not to be put.... up there. :eek:

ScatterPlot
11-04-2004, 02:30 PM
That's going out on a limb there. Plus that implies you know why God did something that we are told nothing about. Other things we know about, like that are in the Bible. Show me a scripture about that and I'll believe you, but I don't think that argument is a good one.

MantisMag
11-04-2004, 02:39 PM
which part? the first one or the second one? :p