PDA

View Full Version : A prayer to the Automag Gods!!

theodopolis
11-04-2004, 02:32 AM
I have an RT valve, it was leaking down the barrel. When I took it apart, the piece that the power tube tip threads onto (and the plastic bumper rests against) was slightly unscrewed. So I unscrewed it more and found that a very thin looking O-ring that looks more like a rubberband, was not in very good shape. I went to replace it, but looking at the diagram, it doesnt show an o-ring there. I used one of the o-rings from the parts kit, but it doesnt want to fit inside when screwed together, it wont fit and I dont think its the right one anyway. The parts kit doesnt list this o-ring. Is this a factory fix? Is the o-ring I need available online? I tried screwing it back together without the o-ring and it still leaks (stops leaking when I pull and hold trigger, of course), and now I cant easily get it apart, I am afraid to use pliers. Thanks for the help!!

Rift
11-04-2004, 11:17 AM
are you talking about the power tube oring? or the power tube tip o-ring? theres only two o-rings that are in the powertube if you arent running a lvl 10.

theodopolis
11-04-2004, 12:35 PM
I do have a level 10 installed. I must be talking about the power tube o-ring then, it is a big one. I tried a barrel 0-ring, and the next smaller size, and it wouldnt screw together with either one, it pinched the o-ring in between instead of the o-ring seating inside. The o-ring that came out looks a lot thinner (rubberband like). Now I cant get the two pieces apart, should I use pliers? I am afraid of scrathing up the power tube where the bolt slides on, is there a better way to get this open? Thanks again for your help.

Rift
11-04-2004, 12:41 PM
hrrm im a touch confused now i cant think of what part you are talking about when you take the power tube tip off is the oring around that tip okay? if so the next thing you will come across are the lvl 10 shimms once you move those out you will hit the lvl 10 carrier, on the lvl 10 carrier is a small black oring that is located on the outside of the carrier, on the bottom of the carrier is the power tube o-ring after you remove that unit you will hit the backing washer small flat o-ring thats is kinda hard almost plastic like, based on that can you tell me which o-ring your looking at? if not do you have aim or any other form of comunication would be alot easier that way?

theodopolis
11-04-2004, 01:07 PM
this o-ring is not part of the power tube tip assembly. The whole power tube came unscrewed from the bigger diameter part of the valve, and creates the top part of the chamber between the on/off section and the power tube. The plastic bumper rests on the top of this, the threads are just below this plate, inside the chamber, there are several threads with the last being a notch for an o-ring. Could the o-ring I took out really be some kind of thread sealer? it is a red color, and thinner than most o-rings?

Dayspring
11-04-2004, 01:14 PM
If your entire power tube came unscrewed, send that back to AGD IMMEDIATELY.

Rift
11-04-2004, 01:28 PM
wow yeah what Dayspring said that should not be happening under any circumstances

Tyril
11-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Olders ones do unscrew. My Emag's SN00286 did this and nothing was wrong.

-mike

Dayspring
11-04-2004, 03:03 PM
It's not supposed to do that though. EVER. Send it back...

theodopolis
11-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Who do I contact about sending it in? Is there a link to the AGD website I should use to contact them, to recieve instructions for where to send the valve? Thanks again for all the help.
:rofl:

Dayspring
11-04-2004, 07:20 PM
http://www.airgun.com/Techinfo.shtml#