PDA

View Full Version : Old vs New Viewloaders

JKR
11-04-2004, 04:33 PM
I can't remember where I found info on telling the difference between the early to mid 90's bulletproof VL's versus the newer and more brittle shells. Anyone know the differences?

Thanks,
Justin

MicroMiniMe
11-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Hehe, I think I heard the best way to tell the difference is throw it against a wall.
No seriously.

JKR
11-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Good one! ;)

Don't want to drop the dough on the one I am eyeing if it is the newer generation. I think I read it had to do with the emblem incorporating the eyes. However, I believe some of the newer ones have the eyes on them too.

There was a forum thread somewhere but I can't for the life of me remeber where.

dynastyfan
11-04-2004, 05:33 PM
yeah the one with the little face is the pre be one if i am not mistaken.

Kevmaster
11-04-2004, 10:49 PM
the hoppers BE has made for the past 2 years are perfectly fine and in some respects wokr better than the older hoppers. the feed necks are the right size and they now make the 'tri-pod' loader to replcaethe revvie. the 140cnt hopper they make is awesome. but, if you need that extra ammo, you can quickly switch to a 300cnt hopper for only $15 or so.

great system. the RMOG team used them at the IAO with great results...well...as good of results as you can have with Rainmakers using htem ;)

Duzzy
11-04-2004, 11:11 PM
the hoppers BE has made for the past 2 years are perfectly fine

In some respects they are perfectly fine, but I have had 2 with necks that broke simply by taking them out of a feedneck. The Evo IIs I have no problem with but the battery door, but the 12 volt Revy had plastic issues that to the best of my knowledge the previous ones did not have.

Scott Hudnall
11-04-2004, 11:25 PM
I've got an old VL, 9v, pre-BE......still working extremely well, no feed issues at all. I've used it with a 'mag and with a Shocker SF (when they first came out, post PVI, first year of Shocker SF's) and had no problems with it keeping up with the Shocker SF in FA mode....of course, it was limited to what....13 bps?

no problems with it breaking.

I've also got an old Shredder, the 18v kind.....with the extra hanging battery compartment. haven't used it for ages.....

nippinout
11-04-2004, 11:32 PM
I still use my Viewloader VL-2000. It's from 1995 I think. Hasn't cracked anywhere, but the screws go into the shell so they are kind of worn. Holds up in play still!

When they switched the molds, people were up in arms because the loader neck size changed. That was due to the molds being out of tolerance prior to the change. They were just trying to maintain some quality control when people were already used to the fatter neck size. Then the recipe changed for the lid and the shell. A few times.

temps
11-05-2004, 01:32 AM
The emblem on the pre-be revies are different. Also from my experience you can just tell by the look and feel of the plastic if its pre or post be.

Creative Mayhem
11-05-2004, 09:01 AM
I have 2 VL2000s one of which has the 18v shredder kit. They are, without question, invincible, the only thing that comes close to it now is the new Tri-Pod. The tri pod has the same durability as the old VL2000, with the different sizes to boot! So if you are looking for a good hopper and dont need a HALO or other higher performance/priced loader, give the Tripod a look.

PIT
11-05-2004, 05:46 PM
What ever happened to the Envy loaders? They seemed to have been advertised on viewloaders website since the beginning of last summer, and I have yet to see any in stores or in players hands.

JoshK
11-05-2004, 06:03 PM
ya...i really want to see one....and also with the q-loaders...havnt they been out a long time and people are selling them (personal used ones) allready? Because Action Pursuit Games December 2004 (just came out) just started having advertisments, and had a review in the "NEW product gearbag".

phelix
11-05-2004, 06:08 PM
ya...i really want to see one....and also with the q-loaders...havnt they been out a long time and people are selling them (personal used ones) allready? Because Action Pursuit Games December 2004 (just came out) just started having advertisments, and had a review in the "NEW product gearbag".
q-loaders are great, i had one, and used it with great success - if you know what you're doing, they're really not that hard to maintain or operate like people think. however, the 100-round capacity and the price of pods is what made me trade mine away.