PDA

View Full Version : pump guns

SPECIAL_K_06
11-04-2004, 07:12 PM
What is a really good pump gun for woods play? I am looking to spend under eighty bucks and was wondering if there were any good ones to play with?

Muzikman
11-04-2004, 07:21 PM
For under $80, about your only option would be like a PGP or ACI Hornet/Maverick. You might be able to find an old Sherian or nelson clone used for that price too.

SPECIAL_K_06
11-04-2004, 07:43 PM
So where could i find some of these pump guns at?

justjoshin590
11-04-2004, 08:02 PM
right here
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=hp_knNvs4hXkTppmVm4kNNFKjrIhVXRD9-o=?ProductID=T%2emsFAY7EIcAAAD3KLSlA_2s
and damn i wish i could get one of them

Duzzy
11-04-2004, 08:52 PM
What is a really good pump gun for woods play? I am looking to spend under eighty bucks and was wondering if there were any good ones to play with?

Why does everyone think that pumps are good for woodsball? They really aren't. I play almost exclusively speedball with my pump and use the other toys for woods. And it isn't just because I am backwards I actually have a very good reason. With lots of branches and things to get in the way of your target, it is better to shoot more than less. One ball has a very low chance of making it through heavy vegetation, or even thin tree limbs for that matter. It is also much easier to take out an ambusher with bad aim. Where on the speedball feild when you know where almost everyone is, and there is nothing in your path, one shot will usually work if you are a good shot. Why does everyone think that? I mean honestly? I hate woods with a pump... unless it is a scenario game...

On the topic of pumps I highly recommend a Phantom, they are light, easy to run with, and very reliable.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-04-2004, 09:50 PM
yes but with his current budget i doubt he can get a phantom. I'd recommend a trracer (which is basically muz suggested) simple pump guns that work

Duzzy
11-04-2004, 09:52 PM
yes but with his current budget i doubt he can get a phantom. I'd recommend a trracer (which is basically muz suggested) simple pump guns that work

Very true, but I was thinking he might get lucky on E-bay, they usually have things fairly cheap and if he got lucky he could potentially get an older one for about $80.

Edit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16048&item=7111696333&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Buy It Now for $100, not too bad for a good marker.

BeaverEater
11-04-2004, 09:55 PM
get a talon for the money its really worth it. and its surprisingly accurate too

Muzikman
11-04-2004, 09:55 PM
I have played many years of woods ball with a pump. I see nothing wrong with it. I think people would rather play woods than speedball with a pump, especially if you are not use to pumps. The cover and pace of the game is usually slower in the woods. You can also use the one ball one kill idea a lot better in the woods.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-04-2004, 10:00 PM
plus it saves you a ton of money and it could improve your aiming and snap shooting skills if you work at it

SpecialBlend2786
11-04-2004, 10:00 PM
ACI Hornet.

or, you can pick up a Brute II on ebay for like $35

Duzzy
11-04-2004, 10:08 PM
I have played many years of woods ball with a pump. I see nothing wrong with it. I think people would rather play woods than speedball with a pump, especially if you are not use to pumps. The cover and pace of the game is usually slower in the woods. You can also use the one ball one kill idea a lot better in the woods.

There is nothing wrong with playing woods with a pump, I just don't think that it makes much sense. I personally think people play woods with a pump because it is easier for everyone to stay alive longer (the whole slower pace idea) and therefore easier to get better because you get more playing time. I don't stay alive very long no matter what gun I use to I go speedball with a pump becuase there is less interference blocking my shots and since I cannot shoot anyways I need all the advantages I can get.

Deep Sixx
11-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Hey... sup-air speedball with a pump is a TON of fun. You can actually MOVE!

sixx

devingoode
11-05-2004, 09:36 AM
spend $200 and get a really nice pump cocker

Deep Sixx
11-05-2004, 09:48 AM
spend $200 and get a really nice pump cocker

That would be a Sniper II. The Autococker is the semi-auto version of a Sniper II.

sixx

Whitt_travis
11-05-2004, 07:02 PM
I have a few traccers with adjustable bolts I'd be willing to let go of, like new condition.

M-a-s-sDriver
11-05-2004, 09:54 PM
Like others here, I reccomend a Traccer for a first pump at that price point.
But, if you can swing it, A Phantom is the undisputed king of the pump world for the price.
(Please read above sentence carefully before typing stupid remark. Thank you.)
Brent.

Tyger
11-06-2004, 01:47 AM
Dang it, I leave a dya and the thread's questions all got answered. :clap:

If you can score a Sheridan on ebay, that's a good steal for under $100. You can also occasionally find Phantoms too. You just gotta dig.

-Tyger