PDA

View Full Version : Shock teched halo

gc82000
11-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Does anyine have a shocktech AL drive cone? I was wonering because some of my teamates are thinking of getting them but what to know how they are in a game. Also about battery usage, does it make the drive slower, and does it come in different colors?

Did a search and nothing relavent came up.

Shoot GC.

Crazy
11-04-2004, 09:14 PM
i have one in each of my halos, havn't noticed any slower spinning or more than normal battery usage. they come in quite a few different colors, black, blue, green, red, and silver, check www.shocktechusa.com . I purchased mine from www.pbgear.com

FromTheBack
11-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Ive heard some bad things about them like a slowing of the speed and more jamming. but this isnt first hand so take it with a grain of salt

Chronobreak
11-04-2004, 10:00 PM
wasnt fragtech suppose to do a review? think he got one

seems like a waste to me........imo unles for soem reason your breaking cones or rip drives...

team unwanted
11-04-2004, 10:15 PM
I've had my shocktech drivecone for a few weeks now. I really love it, I mean havent had any problems with it. It may have slowed down the speed a very small amount but i cant tell the difference and for battery life i havn't noticed a difference. I use rechargeable batteries so i just charge them every time before I play.

Blazestorm
11-05-2004, 02:47 AM
I think it made my reloader-b faster or something o.O

My reloader empties a pod in about 4-5 seconds. All I do is tap the side of it, it goes off the sound of paint rattling and feeds off the noise of it feeding. Haha, anyways, on speed 3, it's FAST.

Fatjon
11-05-2004, 08:57 AM
I just got a bunch in my shop. They look great. I put one in my teammates halos ill see how it works tommorow.

Hexis
11-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Mine works great. I like the feel of the different rip drive too. Easier to deal with with gloves on.

Furby
11-05-2004, 10:07 AM
I got one for sale cheap....in silver. Just wasn't my bag...but I love the rip drive knob!

SlartyBartFast
11-05-2004, 11:17 AM
I use rechargeable batteries so i just charge them every time before I play.

I hope they're not NiCad batteries. Recharging them without draining them is a bad idea (charge memory). :(

team unwanted
11-05-2004, 02:52 PM
I hope they're not NiCad batteries. Recharging them without draining them is a bad idea (charge memory). :(
I have NiMH batteries best upgrade for halo users :p

FragTek
11-06-2004, 10:12 AM
I rock the ST drivecone in my Halo, works perfect, haven't noticed any changes in feedrate or battery consumption.

What I have noticed is that I'm no longer breaking drivecones :clap: