PDA

View Full Version : will this solenoid work in a e-cocker

dirty_canadian4894
11-05-2004, 05:07 PM
im thinkin about trying to build up a predator morlock, mq-valve, cocker, but im trying to deside on a frontend (cocking) solenoid and this is the best i can come up (freestyle noid) Humphrey HEA10A5-GL-101W Solenoid with but i need a second opinion. so which one of these would you recomend http://airsoldier.com/solenoids/index.shtml

JoshK
11-05-2004, 06:10 PM
its a 4 way? I thought only 3 and 2s worked on cockers...but i really dont know too much...i would like to know the answer too.

11_Mile_TMaster
11-05-2004, 09:11 PM
its a 4 way? I thought only 3 and 2s worked on cockers...but i really dont know too much...i would like to know the answer too.

Cockers don't really use '3 ways'. They use 4-way valves (4 different ways the air can flow, left through, Left exhaust, right through, right exhaust.)

any 4-way SHOULD work as long as it works at the rated pressure. Mounting it is another story. That will probably be up to you.

dirty_canadian4894
11-05-2004, 09:31 PM
i think i could make a ghetto mounting bracket. does anyone know where i can get raceblock/valves or e2 solenoids and housings?

Meph
11-06-2004, 08:24 PM
E-cockers need the solenoid to have tapped holes to fit on the hose fittings. That style of noid bolts onto a bracket, in between is a rubber gasket to stop the airflow. You'll probably more want an Intimidator solenoid.

That or tape the holes to accomidate for the threads.

*edit* Just noticed. Get the one below the one you mentioned for an extra 10 bucks. HEA10F5-GL-101W it's for the Alias Intimidators. So should already be threaded.

PBX Ronin 23
11-06-2004, 08:41 PM
The fastest open time one that we've test is the MAC. But other considerations you need to think about the the ID of the orifice and whether or not they're tapped to accept a fitting. Use straight fittings if you can.